miasma16

Kevin Durant 2018-19 Season Outlook

0-13 in 3's in the last 4 including tonight. 5 straight games including tonight shooting under 50% FG. 1 steal in the last 3, including this game. This is the first time my first rounder has basically caused me lose in multiple cat's in H2H. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

concern is not something we're accustomed to owning KD but he is generally slumping hard and it's costing his team wins

keep thinking the next game he'll step up and take over but he's getting worse. 

obviously KD is receiving a lot of extra attention with curry off the floor but he's really struggling to adapt (I thought he'd at least be getting his team mates good looks as a result)

I'm not sure what his mental fortitude is like tbh - seems like he's inside his own head at this point

Edited by flat_eric

7 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

concern is not something we're accustomed to owning KD but he is generally slumping hard and it's costing his team wins

keep thinking the next game he'll step up and take over but he's getting worse. 

obviously KD is receiving a lot of extra attention with curry off the floor but he's really struggling to adapt (I thought he'd at least be getting his team mates good looks as a result)

I'm not sure what his mental fortitude is like tbh - seems like he's inside his own head at this point

9 minutes ago, bksm said:

0-13 in 3's in the last 4 including tonight. 5 straight games including tonight shooting under 50% FG. 1 steal in the last 3, including this game. This is the first time my first rounder has basically caused me lose in multiple cat's in H2H. 

giphy.gif

Sometimes it takes some roto posts to reverse what is happening (knock on wood)

This guy is ranked #3 overall in my league and is averaging 29/7/5 with 1 steal and 1 block over the last 7 days, and people are freaking out.

lmao you guys are ridiculous

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, alexstr said:

This guy is ranked #3 overall in my league and is averaging 29/7/5 with 1 steal and 1 block over the last 7 days, and people are freaking out.

No one is freaking out. We know what we have in Durant. However his efficiency has fallen off a cliff without Curry so why not discuss it on a forum about fantasy basketball?

Edited by flat_eric
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Just proves Curry is the best player in the league, he’s unguardable, Durant been riding the coattails of russ Westbrook , and curry and acts like he a top 5...... he’s good but curry makes his job much more easier

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

He lost me my matchup this week coz he missed his last 4 shots.

I was undefeated prior to this.

It was a matter of .02 FG% and 3 PTS and I was against my opponent's LaMarcus Aldridge.

I thought I had it. I wanted to go 5-0. Dang.

57 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

It was a matter of .02 FG% and 3 PTS and I was against my opponent's LaMarcus Aldridge.

KD secured the win for me with the two steals. I'm now 5-0. Have a good day.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, B-rye said:

Just proves Curry is the best player in the league, he’s unguardable, Durant been riding the coattails of russ Westbrook , and curry and acts like he a top 5...... he’s good but curry makes his job much more easier

Did you happen to see the Lakers last night...? (FYI: I personally hate the Lakers so no team bias here)

Curry is freaking incredible - but the King is the King! Should have been MVP every year for the last decade. Right now he has to be #1 candidate again. He is simply the best basketballer on the planet and arguably (bolded for a reason - he is in the discussion) the GOAT.

Curry is the GOAT shooter, but overall LBJ>Curry. If LBJ was playing with Durant, Klay, Draymond and their other role players (Iggy, Livingston, Cook, jerebko - not even including Boogie) they wouldn't lose a game.

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

Almost the same exact thing happened to me. It came down to KD vs LMA, and I lost 3Pt fg% cause of Durant. (I also lost rebounds by 2, cause Aldridge decided to be Drummond this week)

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, B-rye said:

i argue about this topic way too often lol...

Curry isnt the best player in the league and isnt even better than KD... i dont even wanna hear it...

• Confused 1

I am scared if he puts some Cedi Osman line just in one game. People in this thread may try to commit suicide.

BCEP.gif

13 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Did you happen to see the Lakers last night...? (FYI: I personally hate the Lakers so no team bias here)

Curry is freaking incredible - but the King is the King! Should have been MVP every year for the last decade. Right now he has to be #1 candidate again. He is simply the best basketballer on the planet and arguably (bolded for a reason - he is in the discussion) the GOAT.

Curry is the GOAT shooter, but overall LBJ>Curry. If LBJ was playing with Durant, Klay, Draymond and their other role players (Iggy, Livingston, Cook, jerebko - not even including Boogie) they wouldn't lose a game.

outside of his 2 big games, lebron has been terrible this year thus far .. especially on the defensive end. when he brings it, he brings it, there’s no denying that .. but if you’ve actually been watching the lakers all season, youd know that lebrons lackluster play (especially in the clutch) is a big reason the lakers got 7 losses. 

hes definitely not in discussion for GOAT either lol, unless u take espn agenda driven headlines serious. 

as for lebron on the warriors, sorry, but durant is a far better fit due to his shooting and defense. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

outside of his 2 big games, lebron has been terrible this year thus far .. especially on the defensive end. when he brings it, he brings it, there’s no denying that .. but if you’ve actually been watching the lakers all season, youd know that lebrons lackluster play (especially in the clutch) is a big reason the lakers got 7 losses. 

hes definitely not in discussion for GOAT either lol, unless u take espn agenda driven headlines serious. 

as for lebron on the warriors, sorry, but durant is a far better fit due to his shooting and defense. 

You're taking crazy pills. He has been a beast in fantasy and IRL. You going to cut him down for missing a couple of game winning shots? He has become one of the most successful clutch players in playoffs history (7/15 for 47% in final 5sec of 4th or OT with 5 buzzer beaters; MJ 5/11 for 45% 3 buzzer beaters for reference) and Blaming LBJ for the lakers losses is a bit rich? What about his role in the wins...he IS the reason they have 9 wins and is carrying them and they are well in the playoff picture. Even before his two outburts he was averaging 27ppg and juicy counting stats and %s.
No doubt LBJ doesn't bring it as much as he used to on defense every play, but his steals and blocks are rock solid this year and he is still unstoppable on offense.

As for the GOAT how is he not in the discussion. 3 times finals MVP, 4 times MVP (should have been more if they weren't so obsessed with "sharing it"), 3 times champion, 9 times NBA finalist, only player with 31000pts, 8000rbs, 8000dimes (and only career avg of 27, 7, 7), in the 2018 playoffs he averaged 34.5 points, 9.4 rebounds, 9.7 assists, 53.7% shooting and carried probably his worst team ever to the finals (those Cavs were terrible apart from him). I mean come on man, Shall I go on? What more does he have to do? Win with these $hitty laker team mates? How many rings did MJ win without Scottie? let me count...ZERO!
My vote still goes to Michael just...but man its close. Lebrons durability and absolute dominance simply have to give him a massive bump. When he has had rock a solid team he has won championships, when he hasn't he has carried bums to the finals so many times.
Maybe if Michael was in LeBron's body this wouldn't even be close, but he isn't and its a stupid hypothetical people use. The man is incredible. 

As for LBJ or Durant on the warriors that wasn't even the discussion. Someone said Curry is the best basketballer on the planet, but that is not true it is still LeBron. I said Imagine if LBJ played on the current warriors in Curry's place with Durant, Klay, Dray, etc. no one would even get close to them - they would be unbeatable.
Curry on these Lakers would be ok, but I mean imagine how much they'd have to lean on Ingram and sorry as a major option he (ingram) is just $hit and imagine how banged up Curry would get trying to carry that bunch (he barely survives with his team of superstars).

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

You're taking crazy pills. He has been a beast in fantasy and IRL. You going to cut him down for missing a couple of game winning shots? He has become one of the most successful clutch players in playoffs history (7/15 for 47% in final 5sec of 4th or OT with 5 buzzer beaters; MJ 5/11 for 45% 3 buzzer beaters for reference) and Blaming LBJ for the lakers losses is a bit rich? What about his role in the wins...he IS the reason they have 9 wins and is carrying them and they are well in the playoff picture. Even before his two outburts he was averaging 27ppg and juicy counting stats and %s.
No doubt LBJ doesn't bring it as much as he used to on defense every play, but his steals and blocks are rock solid this year and he is still unstoppable on offense.

As for the GOAT how is he not in the discussion. 3 times finals MVP, 4 times MVP (should have been more if they weren't so obsessed with "sharing it"), 3 times champion, 9 times NBA finalist, only player with 31000pts, 8000rbs, 8000dimes (and only career avg of 27, 7, 7), in the 2018 playoffs he averaged 34.5 points, 9.4 rebounds, 9.7 assists, 53.7% shooting and carried probably his worst team ever to the finals (those Cavs were terrible apart from him). I mean come on man, Shall I go on? What more does he have to do? Win with these $hitty laker team mates? How many rings did MJ win without Scottie? let me count...ZERO!
My vote still goes to Michael just...but man its close. Lebrons durability and absolute dominance simply have to give him a massive bump. When he has had rock a solid team he has won championships, when he hasn't he has carried bums to the finals so many times.
Maybe if Michael was in LeBron's body this wouldn't even be close, but he isn't and its a stupid hypothetical people use. The man is incredible. 

As for LBJ or Durant on the warriors that wasn't even the discussion. Someone said Curry is the best basketballer on the planet, but that is not true it is still LeBron. I said Imagine if LBJ played on the current warriors in Curry's place with Durant, Klay, Dray, etc. no one would even get close to them - they would be unbeatable.
Curry on these Lakers would be ok, but I mean imagine how much they'd have to lean on Ingram and sorry as a major option he (ingram) is just $hit and imagine how banged up Curry would get trying to carry that bunch (he barely survives with his team of superstars).

You know exactly why that poster makes that argument: they do it under every account they've had here over the last ten years.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

You know exactly why that poster makes that argument: they do it under every account they've had here over the last ten years.

Who else have are they?

16 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

To call him anywhere close to GOAT is laughable when u consider he is 3/9 in the finals, mostly on superteams out east (and could very easily be 1/9 if not for some miracle threes by ray allen and kyrie irving) ... he has lost with great teams and carried “bums” to the finals in the EAST only once (and got swept when he faced real competition) which is the equivalent of making the playoffs out west..but i understand you and @Tom Chambers are huge fans, it’s just not realistic. Any of the true goats would have at least 5 rings in his shoes, minimum. 

Of course he’s doing great for fantasy, but i’m a laker fan.. trust me when i tell u that we all feel LeBron has been disappointing outside of those 2 big games he had, which is actually very exciting to see that he’s still capable, he just doesn’t bring it every night .. And its not just his terrible defense (although we did go from 13th in defensive rating to bottom of the pack)... but he has been the primary reason we’ve collapsed at the end of many games. if you’ve been watching laker games, you would have seen this by now.  

and lastly, lebron would be a terrible fit with this warrior team.. he doesn’t know how to play off the ball and doesn’t move the ball quick enough. steph is the far better fit in golden state and its not even close .... the last thing they need is a player who’s style revolves around dribble dribble dribble dribble pass, dribble dribble dribble dribble shoot.. it would be a WOAT fit tbh and to think he would be better than curry for that system is laughable. 

lakers were already trending upwards btw and were on pace to make playoffs last year if not for injuries. you put any fringe all-star (ie paul george) in lebrons shoes and lakers would still be 9-7 (or better) 

so relax with the “still the best player in the league” talk .. i know he had a huge game, but kemba walker just scored 60. we’re in a stat inflated era.. this franchise expects way more than 1 or 2 big statement games if we’re going to put him up there. right now, his defense is atrocious and needs to vastly improve, as well as his poor 4th quarter play. and not just for 1 game because he’s facing an old team and wants to prove a point. we want to see him bring it every night like AD or Giannis have been doing. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

To call him anywhere close to GOAT is laughable when u consider he is 3/9 in the finals, mostly on superteams out east (and could very easily be 1/9 if not for some miracle threes by ray allen and kyrie irving) ... he has lost with great teams and carried “bums” to the finals in the EAST only once (and got swept when he faced real competition) which is the equivalent of making the playoffs out west..but i understand you and @Tom Chambers are huge fans, it’s just not realistic. Any of the true goats would have at least 5 rings in his shoes, minimum. 

Of course he’s doing great for fantasy, but i’m a laker fan.. trust me when i tell u that we all feel LeBron has been disappointing outside of those 2 big games he had, which is actually very exciting to see that he’s still capable, he just doesn’t bring it every night .. And its not just his terrible defense (although we did go from 13th in defensive rating to bottom of the pack)... but he has been the primary reason we’ve collapsed at the end of many games. if you’ve been watching laker games, you would have seen this by now.  

and lastly, lebron would be a terrible fit with this warrior team.. he doesn’t know how to play off the ball and doesn’t move the ball quick enough. steph is the far better fit in golden state and its not even close .... the last thing they need is a player who’s style revolves around dribble dribble dribble dribble pass, dribble dribble dribble dribble shoot.. it would be a WOAT fit tbh and to think he would be better than curry for that system is laughable. 

lakers were already trending upwards btw and were on pace to make playoffs last year if not for injuries. you put any fringe all-star (ie paul george) in lebrons shoes and lakers would still be 9-7 (or better) 

so relax with the “still the best player in the league” talk .. i know he had a huge game, but kemba walker just scored 60. we’re in a stat inflated era.. this franchise expects way more than 1 or 2 big statement games if we’re going to put him up there. right now, his defense is atrocious and needs to vastly improve, as well as his poor 4th quarter play. and not just for 1 game because he’s facing an old team and wants to prove a point. we want to see him bring it every night like AD or Giannis have been doing. 

I'm not even a big LBJ fan, I was a huge critic for years (despite still recognising how good he is), he was a whinny little baby for a while there. But he matured on and off the court. And I am in ZERO doubt about this guys quality and value - numbers and eye-ball don't lie man! No-point arguing with you, you literally claim he has mostly been on Super teams (Cavs with Mo Will as his side-kick - Cavs with a limp defenseless K-Love as his sidekick and JR Smith sabotaging games).?! He lost once with a super team (1st year in Miami) then won back-2-backs. Name another team he "should" have won with? Getting swept last year had nothing to do with him and everything to do with the gumbi's he played with (I mean look at them without him - look at the same Lakers with him). I mean the Warriors had to go begging for Durant to stop LBJ. I'm done here you're arguing about his value with his subjective influence over a 16 game sample size on the Lakers?! Out...

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

I'm not even a big LBJ fan, I was a huge critic for years (despite still recognising how good he is), he was a whinny little baby for a while there. But he matured on and off the court. No-point arguing with you, you literally claim he has mostly been on Super teams. He lost once with a super team (1st year in Miami) then won back-2-backs. Name another team he "should" have won with? Getting swept last year had nothing to do with him and everything to do with the gumbi's he played with (I mean look at them without him - look at the same Lakers with him). I mean the Warriors had to go begging for Durant to stop LBJ. I'm done here you're arguing about his value with his subjective influence over a 16 game sample size on the Lakers?! Out...

He was on superteams from 2010-2017 .. having two franchise players on your team = superteam .. he should have won all 4 times with Wade and Bosh as his teammates if he was a GOAT level player. He lost to San Antonio when they only had one all-star on their team and sabatoged the series against Dallas when it looked like Wade was the better player (his ego couldn’t handle wade being finals mvp) .... and with a prime Kyrie and Kevin love, he also should have been able to beat Golden State more than once if he was anywhere close to the GOAT. I mean, GS had a stacked deck, but so did Cleveland .... it just seems like the media is always underrating his teammates and making excuses for him and people like u always fall for the okey doke. There have been players out there who took out superteams with far less. 

Edited by COBBLEPOT
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

back to kevin durant .. he’ll be fine. he’s currently a top 3 player in the league (along with AD and Giannis) and is going through a little bit of a mental slump. but this won’t last. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

He was on superteams from 2010-2017 .. having two franchise players on your team = superteam .. he should have won all 4 times with Wade and Bosh as his teammates if he was a GOAT level player. He lost to San Antonio when they only had one all-star on their team and sabatoged the series against Dallas when it looked like Wade was the better player (his ego couldn’t handle wade being finals mvp) .... and with a prime Kyrie and Kevin love, he also should have been able to beat Golden State if he was anywhere close to the GOAT. I mean, GS had a stacked deck, but so did Cleveland .... it just seems like the media is always underrating his teammates and making excuses for him and people like u always fall for the okey doke. There have been players out there who took out superteams with far less. 

You might need some history lessons...here is a good place to start (James 36/13/9 that finals):
http://theundefeated.com/features/on-this-day-in-nba-finals-history-kyrie-irving-fractures-his-kneecap-in-2015/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

You might need some history lessons...here is a good place to start (James 36/13/9 that finals):
http://theundefeated.com/features/on-this-day-in-nba-finals-history-kyrie-irving-fractures-his-kneecap-in-2015/

i don’t need any kind of history lesson. thanks.. i know enough about lebron to know he is more about stats and individual glory than he is about winning ..... another thing that seperates him from the true goats. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1