Sign in to follow this  
Bandito

Trading for 1.01 (WHIR!)

12 team PPR with 1 pt/5 rushes and 4 pt TD pass.  Minimum of eight keepers;  you can keep more but you start giving back draft picks, starting with your first available.  I have picks 1.04, 1.05, 2.04 and the fifth pick in rounds 3-8.  Planning on nabbing best two rookie RBs available with first two picks.

Definite keepers: Rodgers, Howard, Hyde, ABrown, Adams, JGordon.

And two from: Aaron Jones, Funchess, Olsen, JGraham.  I'd like to keep one TE.

Was caught off-guard today when the guy with the 1.01 emailed if I'd consider something along the lines of:

HIS 1.01 for

MY Adams, one of Olsen/Graham and 1.05.

FWIW, he also has 1.09, 1.11, 1.12, 2.01, 2.12 and 3.01.  So he's hammering it hard early.  He also has David Johnson, so I wouldn't mind stopping him from pairing DJ and Barkley for the next decade.

First, is this deal a no-brainer?  I do love Adams' potential, but I'd sure like to be done playing RB-roulette all the time.  Secondly, which TE do I offer up?  (Ironically, I traded to get Graham FROM this guy mid-season last year).  Third, he does have Jake Butt.  Should I see if I can get him thrown in?  If I did, is he worth burning a keeper slot on?  

Thoughts?  Leave your link!

1. I definitely would, Barkley is a couple tiers above Adams in keeper leagues and once someone drafts him you won't be able to get him ever again

2. I would trade Olsen seeing as he's probably closer to retirement (this is a coin flip for me though)

3. No I would just keep your other TE you don't trade and gamble on Aaron Jones as your last keeper.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

3. No I would just keep your other TE you don't trade and gamble on Aaron Jones as your last keeper.

Over Funchess?  Don't get me wrong: I'm a huge fan of Jones and not so much of Funchess at all.  But in previous threads I've had people go to bat for Funchess, so I'm just curious.

I would definitely do the trade. WRs might have a longer useful life then RBs but they are also easier to find and Barkley is a top 5 dynasty asset. Your team could use a RB upgrade severely with Hyde currently your #2 back. Sure you may be able to get a RB2 type with 1.05 but that is a far cry from Barkley and with Brown and Gordon your WRs aren't hurting that bad. Realistically you would be letting one of Graham or Olsen go anyway so their addition doesn't really hurt you (I guess that is a pick your opponent won't have to invest in TE though). 

I'm not really certain whom I'd prefer out of Olsen and Graham. In PPR I'd probably prefer Olsen since Graham is looking more of a TD or bust type. However, Olsen is older and heavily considered retiring this offseason. I think its a toss up but I might roll the dice on Graham who is a favorite to lead TEs in scoring and getting the double scores from owning Rodgers too always feels good. Personally don't know too much about Jake Butt other than he tore his ACL twice and slipped in draft because of it. You will need a new TE soon so maybe isn't a bad idea. 

I'd keep Rodgers, Howard, Brown, Gordon, Jones, Graham, Funchess and Hyde/Butt. I'm not really high on Hyde at all in a 3 headed backfield where his heir apparent is already there and Johnson will dominate passing downs and catch up mode which despite the Browns improvements I think they will find themselves in a significant amount next season. 

• Thanks 1

I think you are giving up a lot. Yes, 1.01 is Barkley but you give up probably Penny plus DJ Moore, right? AND Adams? (I don't really count Olsen)

That's a lot, too much for me. 

As a side note, I'm not sure about Hyde as a keeper. I'd make the case for Aaron Jones there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

Over Funchess?  Don't get me wrong: I'm a huge fan of Jones and not so much of Funchess at all.  But in previous threads I've had people go to bat for Funchess, so I'm just curious.

Not a big fan of funchess, he's a middle of the pack receiver who probably wont be in Carolina next season and I don't see his value getting any better. On the other hand I'm a huge Jones believer and think he's the top running back in GB, I would rather take a gamble on getting the starting RB on one of the top offenses than taking a WR3.

• Thanks 1

Honestly in a keeper situation I would figure you would have to give more to get talent like Barkley. It's very rare that a rb is the best prospect in the real NFL draft so definately pull the trigger and sleep easy. 

Edited by pittkidd
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

I'm a huge Jones believer and think he's the top running back in GB...

I agree. ;)

I think you pull the trigger on the deal.  Barkley is worth the price of admission.  I'd send Olsen rather than JG.  Nice keepers!  Thank you for the help on mine!  Good luck this year m8

• Thanks 1

There is a substantial amount of hype surrounding Barkley.  Reminds me of Dmac and Ryan Matthews (more so because of his situation).

That's quite the haul for the rookie but is likely the sort of price one will have to pay.  Its really close for me but I'd take the risk and make the deal (giving up GO).  You are giving up a top 10 WR and will be banking on Gordon turning it around but its worth the risk for a top tier RB (potentially).

Smart move by the other owner if he's more than one player away.  He adds a top tier rookie, a starting TE and Adams who's got as much upside as any WR in the league right now.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kevinwayne20 said:

Smart move by the other owner if he's more than one player away.  He adds a top tier rookie, a starting TE and Adams who's got as much upside as any WR in the league right now. 

Yeah, I really hate giving up Adams.  But my last really good RB was Maurice Jones-Drew. :ph34r:

Should I see if I can get something else on my end?  Maybe throw in MY 2.04 for HIS 1.11 to buy a modest trade up from the second?  So it would look like:

MY Adams, Olsen, 1.05, 2.04 for 

HIS 1.01 and 1.11?

That would give me Barkley, the 1.04 and 1.11.  Likely keepers: Rodgers, Howard, Hyde, Jones, ABrown, JGordon, Graham and one of Funchess/Westbrook/Philly D.

Or is that getting too cute?

34 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I like that option a lot better.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bandito said:

Should I see if I can get something else on my end?  Maybe throw in MY 2.04 for HIS 1.11 to buy a modest trade up from the second?  So it would look like:

HIS 1.01 and 1.11?

That would give me Barkley, the 1.04 and 1.11.  Likely keepers: Rodgers, Howard, Hyde, Jones, ABrown, JGordon, Graham and one of Funchess/Westbrook/Philly D.

I think you should do the deal. It’s not often you get a chance at a player of his caliber. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bandito said:

HIS 1.01 and 1.11?

You should have accepted by now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

You should have accepted by now.

Well, it was an unofficial query more than an official offer, since we cant begin transactions until Aug 1.

Thanks for the input on mine. I like both trades for you, but I like the one where you are receiving 1.01 and 1.11 more. 

You’d be getting Barkley, plus another RB, or a top WR. 

I’d definitely move Olsen as he is at the end of his career. I like Adams, but if you can get Barkley for that package, I wouldn’t hesitate. 

• Thanks 1

I like the 1.01 and 1.11 trades and I'd definitely look at keeping Jones. 

• Thanks 1

Personally, you're giving up too much to move up 4 spots. You should be able to trade Adams, Olsen, and your second round pick for 1.01. OR trade 1.05 and Olsen. The entire package that he's requesting is too rich IMHO.

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2018 at 8:13 PM, kevinwayne20 said:

There is a substantial amount of hype surrounding Barkley.  Reminds me of Dmac and Ryan Matthews (more so because of his situation).

That's quite the haul for the rookie but is likely the sort of price one will have to pay.  Its really close for me but I'd take the risk and make the deal (giving up GO).  You are giving up a top 10 WR and will be banking on Gordon turning it around but its worth the risk for a top tier RB (potentially).

There wasn't close to as much hype for Mathews as there is for Saquan.

Felix had a bunch; he was a good player though, just couldnt stay on the field.

• Thanks 1