MireLurker

Garrett Hampson 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, hgh22 said:

Arguing that you should extrapolate after 5 games has to be a troll...at least I hope so.

Nobody has ever argued this on the thread though. 

2 minutes ago, Elviplatinum said:

What he means is. He keeps drafting 2b prospects that keep turning into outfielders.

My man just wants a 2b prospect to stay at 2nd base.

Glad i could help lol

Thx Elviplatinum! I didn't know I was typing foreign language... I must not have drank enough beer for the day.... LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

lol...not in the lineup yet again today

Yeah, I don't know if I have time to wait this out with Mondesi and Kinsler still in my FA pool.

1 minute ago, MireLurker said:

Yeah, I don't know if I have time to wait this out with Mondesi and Kinsler still in my FA pool.

just dumped him for max fried...may pick him up again after i see if my stashes pan out once the mlb trade deadline is up tuesday and i may have some open roster spots

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

out of lineup tonight....picked him up for his steals and so far nothing in his first week in the bigs

2 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

lol...not in the lineup yet again today

This is the Rockies. When is the last time they've brought up any prospect and given him consistent playing time? 

Edited by cs3
Arenado?

This instance makes even less sense than their handling of McMahon though.  They literally have no other option at 2B, but yet Valaika and his now .158 batting average deserves to play 2 games in a row while you have one of your top prospects up.  I know Valaika has been solid in the past, but that's the past and you don't sit a prospect two days in a row when he wasn't even doing that bad (too small of a sample size to comment on the average for Hampson).

I don't own him, but I still have no problem calling out a team for being completely stupid.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

This instance makes even less sense than their handling of McMahon though.  They literally have no other option at 2B, but yet Valaika and his now .158 batting average deserves to play 2 games in a row while you have one of your top prospects up.  I know Valaika has been solid in the past, but that's the past and you don't sit a prospect two days in a row when he wasn't even doing that bad (too small of a sample size to comment on the average for Hampson).

I don't own him, but I still have no problem calling out a team for being completely stupid.

Bud Black would have been fired long ago if the Rockies didn't have a historically Keystone Front Office Management.

2/3, BB, and SB. Well that's nice, but LeMahieu is back on Thursday

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Professor Turgeson said:

I would be shocked. 

if they keep him up? me too

1 minute ago, osb_tensor said:

if they keep him up? me too

Get him another month of at-bats in the minors although with his speed, if they feel like they need speed off the bench for pinch runner, etc, with them in the mix for the division, it could be all hands on deck.  DJL is a free agent after the year, so Im sure they would want to get him a little more big league experience as well perhaps in September.  In a 16 game stretch in September they play D Backs and Dodgers 13 times - after that stretch they have about a week and a half left of games. 

My guess:

* Goes down now unless they need speed infusion on the bench

* Called up Sept 1 (if down) and serves as speed/pinch runner first half of the month

* If they fall out of contention, he will get some starts to see if he is the guy for 2019 with DJL on FA market

• Like 2

obviously small sample size, but he has this line- .300/.417/.450/.867

1 minute ago, SpecialFNK said:

obviously small sample size, but he has this line- .300/.417/.450/.867

pfft... parra, valaika, desmond, and cargo PAs aren't going to find themselves. we need to remove ASAP anybody that could potentially threaten to improve the lineup.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, aMediumPace said:

Hampson sent down to make room for ...... Matt Holliday? 

Is this a joke?  Are the Rockies just trolling us now?

This is absolutely asinine. Unbelievable how out of touch this franchises front office is. 

If Hampson was getting regular ABs I wouldn't like it, but this just allows him to go get some (even if he's already beyond proven himself in AAA).  It also opens up a roster spot as he moves to NA.  I don't mind the Holliday thing too much from a fantasy perspective.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 6:14 AM, SpecialFNK said:

as long as GH is performing he should continue to get playing time even when DJL returns. DJL is a free agent and GH is the future at 2B. they should continue to give him AB to see if he is truly ready so that he could start next season at 2B.

Colorado never plays this guy. When Lemahieu returned from the DL, Hamson was was hitting 300 through the end of July.  Since then he has received a total of only 2 AB's.  During his call up from August 14 to the time he was sent back down on August 23, he didn't even get off the bench.    Not a single AB.  How is he supposed to develop sitting on the bench all the freaking time.  Colorado's leading 13 to 2 in the 7th Sept 10th. Think they're forward thinking enough to put him in as a sub?   I doubt it. 

• Like 1

This dude definitely belongs in the bigs. I hope they let DJ walk this offseason and he takes over 2nd base. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see him or Rodgers moved before next spring. What are we thinking for 2019 and what he could put up in a full season?

ill take a stab - .278/85r/13hr/33sb/64rbi

• Like 1