colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

well sh*ttttttt told myself i wasnt going to do fantasy football this year and someone i got suckered in during baseball AS break into yahoo mocks.

why cant i stop this madness? atleast i am only doing auctions this year.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just looked back at my draft from last year.  I remember thinking it was the "year".  This was an in-person draft PPR league.

1) ODB

2) Gurley

3) Gronk

4) AR 15

5) K. Benjamin

6) CJ Anderson

7) D. Parker

8) Ertz

9) Gore

10) C. Meredith

11) J. Charles

12) J. Hill

13) C. Carson

14) K. Britt

15) C. Palmer

16) M. Prater

17) Steelers

Like you, I said maybe I should take a break from this.  Instead, I'm looking at mock drafts and ADP daily like an addict.

Edited by Sternes
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Sternes said:

I just looked back at my draft from last year.

Yes... I don't have the full draft results, but suffice to say I got an A+... and then the top-5 of my team was gone by week 4 due to injuries. That was pleasant.

Edited by Boudewijn

On 7/22/2018 at 1:24 PM, Sternes said:

I just looked back at my draft from last year.  I remember thinking it was the "year".  This was an in-person draft PPR league.

1) ODB

2) Gurley

3) Gronk

4) AR 15

5) K. Benjamin

6) CJ Anderson

7) D. Parker

8) Ertz

9) Gore

10) C. Meredith

11) J. Charles

12) J. Hill

13) C. Carson

14) K. Britt

15) C. Palmer

16) M. Prater

17) Steelers

Like you, I said maybe I should take a break from this.  Instead, I'm looking at mock drafts and ADP daily like an addict.

Well, Prater had a good year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had healthy Gronk all year and Todd Gurley and you didn't win?  Ouch.

20 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Gronk always looks better for non-owners than owners. He wasn't good when it mattered last year. 

i'm running effin' mock drafts in the mornings instead of handicapping the early week bullrings and their botton feeding claimers.  

money, meet matches :unsure:

7 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

Well, Prater had a good year.

Usually when I go back to the previous years draft I have a lot of :blink:, :wacko:, :huh:, :unsure:, :ph34r:.  This is one I look back at and go it was pretty solid.  Nothing embarrassing like that time I took Justin Hunter in the 6th round.  Or I bought into Charles Johnson in the 5th round, or anytime I drafted CJ Spiller :lol:.

I like to take pics of the board so the following year I can see what the people around picked and maybe get an idea of who they favor or if they tend to lean RB or WR heavy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Gronk missed a TNF game IIRC, and then was also suspended a game.  Still got 1,084 yards and 8 TD.   The WR kept dying on me, and the RB outside of Gurley were inconsistent until CJ finally got the ball when it was too late. 

1 hour ago, Sternes said:

Gronk missed a TNF game IIRC, and then was also suspended a game.  Still got 1,084 yards and 8 TD.   The WR kept dying on me, and the RB outside of Gurley were inconsistent until CJ finally got the ball when it was too late. 

Tough break fella.

Can only keep 2 of Zeke, AK41, Hunt, M. Thomas, and Engram :(

Lost in the final last season by 3 points

1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Can only keep 2 of Zeke, AK41, Hunt, M. Thomas, and Engram :(

Lost in the final last season by 3 points

Hopefully you can trade some of that talent for picks 

• Sad 1

Nope...

Straight up 2 keepers as 1st and 2nd round picks, redraft from there.

Tried to push for trading later picks to get another keeper spot (like 3rd and 4th for a 1st) but denied

I love/hate auction drafts. Of course I love the freedom to build your own team as you like.

I cannot stand when someone waits until the last second to place a bid over and over again. When someone nominates a guy with the same name (David Johnson TE last year) Rams’ Michael Thomas this year. Last but not least when people nominate guys that you are hoping will be forgotten until late in the draft. 5th pick in the mock and someone nominated T.Y. 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

Best 4-5 months of the year coming soon though, can’t wait.

When you have the draft date since mid-July.  You have emailed/texted/talked to everyone in the league mentioning time and date and being sure everyone can make it.  Then you wake up to a text, "I didn't know it was going to be THAT Saturday. Any chance we can change the date or time?"

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

I love/hate auction drafts. Of course I love the freedom to build your own team as you like.

I cannot stand when someone waits until the last second to place a bid over and over again. When someone nominates a guy with the same name (David Johnson TE last year) Rams’ Michael Thomas this year. Last but not least when people nominate guys that you are hoping will be forgotten until late in the draft. 5th pick in the mock and someone nominated T.Y. 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

Best 4-5 months of the year coming soon though, can’t wait.

That is some garbage. Should make a league rule about that.

4 minutes ago, Sternes said:

When you have the draft date since mid-July.  You have emailed/texted/talked to everyone in the league mentioning time and date and being sure everyone can make it.  Then you wake up to a text, "I didn't know it was going to be THAT Saturday. Any chance we can change the date or time?"

giphy.gif

Just had THREE people drop out of a league this past weekend - we've had the date set since June.  

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Just had THREE people drop out of a league this past weekend - we've had the date set since June.  

I hate that.  I try to make it easy for people to drop, no pressure in continuing, etc.  Still get people who last minute say they can't.  I don't get it. I had that happen last year and had to scramble for a replacement.  I feel your frustration!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

Just had 2 people drop out of my big money league and the draft is the 26th. 

Likely just going to do a 10 man. It is one thing if you can not make the draft date. Another if you just ditch altogether because either a. your wife has your balls in her purse or b. you are too lazy.

Edited by oliminator123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sternes said:

“No.”

translation — I’m so lazy/dumb can the rest of the league work around me?

same answer, no

10 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Just had 2 people drop out of my big money league and the draft is the 26th. 

Likely just going to do a 10 man.

That’s what we did, just changed the payout structure and went from 12 to 10 teams. I told everyone as commish I wasn’t going to actively look for new members but if they know of any feel free to invite them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Oh I already told him no.  Tough you know what.   I'm thinking it is his way of dropping out of the league without saying he quit.  Make me into the bad guy for not altering the schedule, then I'm the one who made him leave.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1

I've drafted a team... in May.... and now I am up to 74 Managed Teams...

GOD HELP ME!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

I've drafted a team... in May.... and now I am up to 74 Managed Teams...

GOD HELP ME!

'

I can't even keep my 3 teams straight and wanted to drop to 2 this year but they couldn't find a replacement for me.  How on earth do you do that?

I have only one team.  One team.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 7/24/2018 at 8:01 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i'm running effin' mock drafts in the mornings instead of handicapping the early week bullrings and their botton feeding claimers.  

money, meet matches :unsure:

well i'm not upon a lotta slang,,,,, but huh?