colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

Mahomes and Butker put up their worst games of the season and I'm going to lose to the #8 seed..lol. 

• Thanks 1

FML have Mahomes, Allen, Gordon and Conner on my team, sat Damien Williams and was playing again Mike Williams. Playoffs have been a nightmare and looks like my season in that league is basically over. 

Edited by Jaw1

Sure this will be a common theme, didn't feel comfortable starting both Jackson and Williams so I swapped Williams out for Cohen..Jackson did good so not to big a deal right? Also had Keenan Allen and his big 0. Season over. Hope Ware's out again so I can use Williams in the 3rd place game

6 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

FML have Mahomes, Allen, Gordon and Conner on my team, sat Damien Williams and was playing again Mike Williams. Playoffs have been a nightmare and looks like my season in that league is basically over. 

I think you win for worst start to the week 

- Going for the three-peat (never been done before)

- Facing the cockiest owner in the league (happens to be my cousin)

- Successfully blocked him from all RB on the waiver wire after Connor's injury except one (Damien Williams)

- Started Keenan Allen and Badgley against his Rivers and Williams

Image result for glass case of emotion gif

Was so excited for this weekend too, but that destroyed me. Need some miracle performances on Sunday/Monday to have a chance. 

• Haha 1

I left Mike Williams on the bench and missed out on his monster performance.  I had a feeling he would do well against KC but I decided to go in another direction.  

Stupid me!!  

/slapping self over and over

I didn't post last week but came to rant about missing playoffs due to my L last week. Lost 131 to 129.1.

OBJ was out so I started sutton...put up like 3 points or so. Had curtis on the bench who had 8 points.

Ertz has his second worst game of the season and gronk explodes for his best on my bench for 26.7 points

QB: Luck

RB: zeke, aaron jones, lamar miller,

WR: Josh gordon, Sutton

TE: Ertz

Edited by Shaggz235

Told my wife all I wanted for my birthday was to watch Keenan Allen put up 30 from the comfort of the couch.  Thanks for the birthday present Keenan!

P.S.  you forgot to sign the card Butker.

• Haha 2

These Saturday games are dumb.  I'm sitting here trying to decide between McGuire and Wilson Jr.  If I know Breida is out, I like Wilson.  But I can't risk not starting McGuire Saturday if Breida plays then Wilson is a bench. I don't have a single player with a noon Sunday start.  Same with Foles and Conner and their later starts, Id like to play them if active, but can't risk them being the backup or inactive.

Edited by murraygd13

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Won last year, then this year in our auction league there were complaints that they "let me draft too good a team."  Whatever.  Easily cruise to most points and not so easily get to #1 because everyone lit up the scoreboard against me, but captured #1 seed.  Was so great very much thanks to my 4 awesome 4 WR and 1 awesome RB.  

Those 4 WR are OBJ, Hill, Allen, and Sanders.  The RB is Conner.  Sigh.

With Allen and Hill last night, at least I played Damian Williams, so I still have a fighting chance, but to have so many injuries during playoffs...ugh.

• Haha 1

Thats the last time I listen to Stephen A, I played Hunter Henry and he scored 0 - thought for sure they would target him with Dereck Johnson on the coverage. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, parrothead said:

Thats the last time I listen to Stephen A, I played Hunter Henry and he scored 0 - thought for sure they would target him with Dereck Johnson on the coverage. 

Did you start him last week? Cause I'm pretty sure Stephen A still thinks Hunter is playing

8 minutes ago, parrothead said:

In my absolute rage and horrible mood, that made me crack the smallest of smiles. Well done. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 6:22 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

I left Mike Williams on the bench and missed out on his monster performance.  I had a feeling he would do well against KC but I decided to go in another direction.  

Stupid me!!  

/slapping self over and over

I forgot I still had Calloway in for Beckham. I didn't think I had anybody going Thursday so I was gonna replace Callaway  over the weekend. Basically, I forgot I had Mike Williams.

Also, I missed the championship round by 2 points in a big league. However, I had one of the top teams heading into the consolation round. All the teams that had given up early in the year and still have Henry and Williams rostered are way ahead of me now. They probably don't even know.

And for whatever reason I have Grahm Gano as my kicker.

18 hours ago, afl5013 said:

In my absolute rage and horrible mood, that made me crack the smallest of smiles. Well done. 

I've been in the most nasty mood lately because of fantasy football.....Not good!

Left 14.50 points on my bench (Justin Jackson). 

The way this season has gone I expect this will come back to haunt me. 

Fournette, Miller & Adams let’s roll 

We can control our effort level and our process and we can make the soundest lineup decisions based on the available data.  We can't control what our opponent's do, except blocking their anticipated moves.  We also can't control the ironic ish that the fantasy gods deign to serve us up every weekend.

If you look at it from that perspective, you can start moving away from the "I lost in fantasy, therefore I am one of the world's great morons" mindset.

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

We can control our effort level and our process and we can make the soundest lineup decisions based on the available data.  We can't control what our opponent's do, except blocking their anticipated moves.  We also can't control the ironic ish that the fantasy gods deign to serve us up every weekend.

If you look at it from that perspective, you can start moving away from the "I lost in fantasy, therefore I am one of the world's great morons" mindset.

This is the biggest problem I have, i'm way to hard on myself. I tryyyy to tell myself all the things in this game you can't control...but damn if this game STILL makes you feel that way lol.

On 12/14/2018 at 6:15 AM, Shaggz235 said:

I didn't post last week but came to rant about missing playoffs due to my L last week. Lost 131 to 129.1.

OBJ was out so I started sutton...put up like 3 points or so. Had curtis on the bench who had 8 points.

Ertz has his second worst game of the season and gronk explodes for his best on my bench for 26.7 points

QB: Luck

RB: zeke, aaron jones, lamar miller,

WR: Josh gordon, Sutton

TE: Ertz

I ost by 2 points as well due to OBJ and Sutton getting me a juicy 1.5 last week

There’s really an easy way to 

27 minutes ago, CPuente57 said:

This is the biggest problem I have, i'm way to hard on myself. I tryyyy to tell myself all the things in this game you can't control...but damn if this game STILL makes you feel that way lol.

Theres really 2 ways you can set up your league to not feel this way:

1. Play best ball. That way you don’t have to kick yourself over playing the wrong player(s) every week. Or if that still doesn’t work, then.......

2. Play in a total points leage where you accumulate points over a 16 week season. If that’s still not enuf, you could even incorporate best ball into that equation as well so you get every possible point from every player every single week. Guaranteed the “best” teams will finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc in that type of setup.

Having said that, isn’t the randomness and lucky bull**** that is known as FF what makes it so damn exciting? Being upset at your family and friends (who have absolutely nothing to do with the outcome) when your player gets hurt or is on your bench and you get ******, doesn’t that sense of rage give you the ultimate satisfaction in life? Doesn’t having a Vent and Rant thread excite you? 

Anyway, I guess I’ll see all of you back here Monday night after my opponent who limped into the playoffs as the 7 seed takes me out this week after picking up Justin Jackson (played him) and Kenneth Dixon. The guy already texted me “Nice cock block” when I jumped on McGuire just to block that f--- from this utter and complete bull**** nonsense!! I can’t believe this s---, semifinals and he’s gonna take me out with waiver adds. f--- this game!!!!

Now excuse me while I take this rage out on my family. See you all back here Monday night! 

3 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

There’s really an easy way to 

Theres really 2 ways you can set up your league to not feel this way:

1. Play best ball. That way you don’t have to kick yourself over playing the wrong player(s) every week. Or if that still doesn’t work, then.......

2. Play in a total points leage where you accumulate points over a 16 week season. If that’s still not enuf, you could even incorporate best ball into that equation as well so you get every possible point from every player every single week. Guaranteed the “best” teams will finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc in that type of setup.

Having said that, isn’t the randomness and lucky bull**** that is known as FF what makes it so damn exciting? Being upset at your family and friends (who have absolutely nothing to do with the outcome) when your player gets hurt or is on your bench and you get ******, doesn’t that sense of rage give you the ultimate satisfaction in life? Doesn’t having a Vent and Rant thread excite you? 

Anyway, I guess I’ll see all of you back here Monday night after my opponent who limped into the playoffs as the 7 seed takes me out this week after picking up Justin Jackson (played him) and Kenneth Dixon. The guy already texted me “Nice cock block” when I jumped on McGuire just to block that f--- from this utter and complete bull**** nonsense!! I can’t believe this s---, semifinals and he’s gonna take me out with waiver adds. f--- this game!!!!

Now excuse me while I take this rage out on my family. See you all back here Monday night! 

I hate the randomness and lucky bull*****! I do like that we have a vent and rant thread. I should quit this game since I don't take the bad events so well. I love the pre season study too much though. When the games start that's when I get angry.

• Like 1

Mahomes put up average numbers so couldn't take advantage of opponent's below average totals for Kelce and Chargers kicker. Also, I dropped Mike Williams on Wednesday for a kicker i'm not even going to use and dropped Damien Williams two weeks ago :(