colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

On 12/13/2018 at 8:35 PM, murraygd13 said:

Mahomes and Butker put up their worst games of the season and I'm going to lose to the #8 seed..lol. 

Don't feel bad for you at all....lol.

I'd venture to guess that 75% of owners who had Mahomes this year made it to the playoffs...

He got you there, be happy lol.

2 hours ago, Helmholtz_Watsonn said:

Mahomes put up average numbers so couldn't take advantage of opponent's below average totals for Kelce and Chargers kicker. Also, I dropped Mike Williams on Wednesday for a kicker i'm not even going to use and dropped Damien Williams two weeks ago :(

Come on man...........

Started Keenan and Tyreek in one league where i was projected to destroy my opponent. Coming out with 6 points altogether. 

I have to choose between starting Phillip Lindsay vs CLE in a great matchup.....or Alvin Kamara in a horrible matchup @CAR....

What a problem to have...

5 hours ago, mongidig said:

I hate the randomness and lucky bull*****! I do like that we have a vent and rant thread. I should quit this game since I don't take the bad events so well. I love the pre season study too much though. When the games start that's when I get angry.

Honestly, I think the reason I haven't quit playing fantasy football is this  vent and rant thread lol..before I found this, it truly felt that no one could have as bad luck as me when it comes to this game. I've said it before, my bad beats are legendary in our league and have nicknames. This thread and seeing how others have had the same bs luck and the such helps with the frustration a bit in the point that I can tell myself "it's not just me". It's like a support group hahaha

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CPuente57 said:

Honestly, I think the reason I haven't quit playing fantasy football is this  vent and rant thread lol..before I found this, it truly felt that no one could have as bad luck as me when it comes to this game. I've said it before, my bad beats are legendary in our league and have nicknames. This thread and seeing how others have had the same bs luck and the such helps with the frustration a bit in the point that I can tell myself "it's not just me". It's like a support group hahaha

Quit whining and try again next year.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, LuckBox1 said:

Looks at title of thread...."Vent & Rant Thread"

Yup..right place

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, LuckBox1 said:

I think you're looking for the '2018-19 I'm a douchebag thread'

• Like 6

Playing mike Williams , Texans kicker and darnold ...

got texans defense :D

Well I had Lamar Miller get me 0 and my opponent got 22 from his kicker...seems about right. Trying not to throw my phone against a wall right now as a type this...unreal.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Well I had Lamar Miller get me 0 and my opponent got 22 from his kicker...seems about right. Trying not to throw my phone against a wall right now as a type this...unreal.

Same, and my opponent has Gurley, Lindsay, and Chubb left to play. Uggghh. I have my share of weapons, but not liking my chances.

I think what has pissed me off the most happened in my low dollar office league. I lost in the first round of the playoffs by 5 points to the guy who was allowed to trade Aaron Rogers for Saquon Barkley. The team he got Barkley from was 2-8, hadn't changed his lineup in 5 games and admitted to the commissioner that he had given up and was basically giving his players away. We needed 6 veto votes and only received 5. The Commish should have just overturned the trade but didn't. I'm now seen as the bad guy because I'm still pissed this was allowed. The problem is these idiots still think Aaron Rogers is the dominant Rogers of the past so they didn't think the trade wasn't that bad. Also, the former Barkley owner didn't even put Rogers in his lineup after the trade nor did he replace Barkley in his lineup and just happened to be playing the new Barkley owner that week. The guy who was cruising to the playoffs but was knocked out of contention by the guy with Barkley wasn't even mad about this. 

I feel like I'm in the fricking twilight zone!!!

Edited by mongidig
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

So Kittle and Amari put up like 400 yards receiving and like 80 tds against me last week.

This week starting off the same with Nuk dropping 170 and 2.  I wholly expect Kenny G and JuJu to throw down another 500 receiving yards on me.

Playing my league nemesis in the semis, he didn't play Mike Williams all year and switched him in this week last minute he also had Hopkins go off. Down 58.5 points before my guys even touched a ball. I got Chubb going tonight ..Need at least a 20 pointer to feel like i got some hope.

Edited by NInsko
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, mongidig said:

I think what has pissed me off the most happened in my low dollar office league. I lost in the first round of the playoffs by 5 points to the guy who was allowed to trade Aaron Rogers for Saquon Barkley. The team he got Barkley from was 2-8, hadn't changed his lineup in 5 games and admitted to the commissioner that he had given up and was basically giving his players away. We needed 6 veto votes and only received 5. The Commish should have just overturned the trade but didn't. I'm now seen as the bad guy because I'm still pissed this was allowed. The problem is these idiots still think Aaron Rogers is the dominant Rogers of the past so they didn't think the trade wasn't that bad. Also, the former Barkley owner didn't even put Rogers in his lineup after the trade nor did he replace Barkley in his lineup and just happened to be playing the new Barkley owner that week. The guy who was cruising to the playoffs but was knocked out of contention by the guy with Barkley wasn't even mad about this. 

Trade Vetos are dumb.  Either its collusion or its not.  Don't play in that league next year.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jordan23 said:

Trade Vetos are dumb.  Either its collusion or its not.  Don't play in that league next year.

That's exactly what I said. At this point in the season half of the teams were out of it and didn't care.

2 hours ago, mongidig said:

Bunch of morons.

Find a new league...and a new job :P

Oh, and to vent I got Nuk'ed.

Edited by Gryfter

2 hours ago, Jordan23 said:

Trade vetos aren’t dumb. What’s dumb is the people that didn’t veto the trade. There wasn’t collusion there. The guy that traded away Barkley just didn’t give a f---. 

Moral of story. Don’t waste your time playing in leagues where you don’t know the level of competition. Or at least in ones where money is involved. 

Faced Mike Williams in one league on Thursday, and Nuk Hopkins in another today. Yippee.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, the holy one said:

Highest scoring team with 11-2 record and i have played three players already that scored 4, 4 and 5. 

One and done :)

I Feel you bro ...

My team was a juggernaute with Gordon, Sanders, Odell, Lindsay, Kelce, etc.

3 players played and fortunatly I managed to take JJ but 25 points with Lindsay, Kelce and JJ does not feel good. And oh my replacement are Corey David and Dante Pettis (even considering Curtis Samuel).

Fantasy can be cruel. 

12 hours ago, mongidig said:

Stuff...

I'm now seen as the bad guy

...more stuff

Roll with the bad guy image. They get the chicks.

Do you have a 'hot' office?

Three games played so far. 

The six RBs 

Justin Jackson 18 pts

Damien Williams 27.3 pts

Lamar Miller 0.8 pts

Elijah McGuire 12.6 pts

Nick Chubb 10 pts

Phillip Lindsey 6.4 pts 

The three that you have to assume everybody owns & played scored the fewest. 

The three wild cards were the winners. 

Just doesn’t add up. 

I own two of those guys on two different teams. I own the two lowest.