colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

Josh Adams - stay in the ******** game, man.  Had a chance to make me look like a genius tonight.

Goff killed me.  Even 1 td would have put my game out of range.  Now I have a 15pt lead and my opponent has McCaffrey 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Didn’t take advantage of Samuels TE designation and started him at RB instead. I chose to start Stills in one of my flex spots when I could of out Samuels there and plugged in Ingram at rb I’m turn playing 4 rbs in my lu. So dumb on my part. 

NBC owns this site and yet what 3rd world country are these servers running from? How are there constant issues with accessing these forums. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sweetness09 said:

Same exact players in my lineup.

Playing a different team in a different state against a different coach against a different defense, using a different offense, on different turf in different weather for different fans, at a different time.

9 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I think this is the key. The reason we get frustrated is because the time and effort we invest in this hobby is usually not rewarded, no matter how many “right” decisions we make.

I assembled the best dynasty team I’ve ever had in 20 years, easy 1 seed, my team described by league mates as stacked, insanely good, etc. And it was. I had arguably the top 3 WRs, 4 RB1s, and high end depth. I was eliminated in round 1 by a terrible 4-9 8th seed. 

So, what exactly should I do differently next year? Assemble a rag tag team of scrubs like the one that beat me? Of course not, but it was proven to me that assembling what seems like an unbeatable team on paper means nothing. It still comes down to 100% wacky luck. I can’t possibly justify putting any time/effort whatsoever into this game going forward. Why waste time trying to solve an unsolvable puzzle? 

Any frustration should be directed at ourselves for wasting any more than a few minutes per week on this foolishness. 

Right on brother.....once I accepted the luck factor in fantasy, I have been enjoying playing so much more. How can you get so upset and frustrated over an outcome where luck plays a huge roll? I had a rough year (Fournett,Cook &Drake) but I still enjoyed playing. Guy in my league steam rolled all year with Maholmes, Gurly,T.Hill, Kelce,Lindsay...bounced this week after his bye. If your getting that worked up, find a new hobby.

Edited by Mr.Joshua
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mr.Joshua said:

Right on brother.....once I accepted the luck factor in fantasy, I have been enjoying playing so much more. How can you get so upset and frustrated over an outcome where luck plays a huge roll? I had a rough year (Fournett,Cook &Drake) but I still enjoyed playing. Guy in my league steam rolled all year with Maholmes, Gurly,T.Hill, Kelce,Lindsay...bounced this week after his bye. If your getting that worked up, find a new hobby.

Well this is the vent and rant thread... a place to be worked up.. Don't act like you're above it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Week16 said:

It is luck but you have to put yourself in a position to be lucky. Foster developed right when I needed him and carried Tyreek's low game. A hobbled Gurley still put up beast stats. A smart QB like Watson didn't make any bonehead plays. Gotta have guys that show up when some guys let you down.

Ahhhhh, “you have to put yourself in position to be lucky”. This must be where I made my fatal mistake. You see, I once again made the foolish mistake of putting myself in position to win, by drafting and trading for guys like Hunt, Conner, Beckham, Brown, Thomas, Chubb, Jones, etc. What I should’ve done is eschewed the proven players that were expected to do well in favor of crapshoot guys like Foster who would put me in a better position to get lucky

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Every one of my bench RBs (Mack, Brieda & Jackson) outscored my starting RBs (Fournette, Miller & Adams). 

24.90+14.50+9.60= 49.00 pts 

6.40. +  0.80+8.80= 16.00 pts

I am still up by 30.60 ... opponent has Brees & Thomas 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Ahhhhh, “you have to put yourself in position to be lucky”. This must be where I made my fatal mistake. You see, I once again made the foolish mistake of putting myself in position to win, by drafting and trading for guys like Hunt, Conner, Beckham, Brown, Thomas, Chubb, Jones, etc. What I should’ve done is eschewed the proven players that were expected to do well in favor of crapshoot guys like Foster who would put me in a better position to get lucky

Why you even wasting your time with this? You’ll always have guys that think it’s mostly “skill” and nothing will change their minds. While there is some skill involved (mainly picking sleepers, high upside guys during the draft), the fact remains that in H2H, week to week, it’s mostly luck. One missed tackle can take someone from waiver wire fodder to RB1 for that week. That’s what FF is, it’s not like playing a roto season in baseball. But then again, that’s what makes FF so damn exciting and frustrating at the same time. 

• Like 1

Combined 4/41 from Gordon and Ertz.  Enough said.

6 hours ago, Coprolagnia said:

Playing a different team in a different state against a different coach against a different defense, using a different offense, on different turf in different weather for different fans, at a different time.

Sure, but I’m not benching my studs just because it’s a different week. There wasn’t any matchup that should have scared me from playing them. My team hasn’t performed this bad all season, and had a league high score last week. Guys like Hill, Juju, Gronk, Lindsay all crapped the bed the same week. It’s luck of the draw really.

Since I can’t edit my post above, I’d like to add this...

My opposing teams KICKER outscored every single indivudal player on my team. 

The other two teams facing each other in the playoffs are projected under 100. Seems like an abysmal week all around. 

Every single player in my lineup either got hurt or had their worst game of the season. I still have Kamara but even can’t save this ridiculous bad luck ending. I scored 130 more points than any other team this year.

20 minutes ago, Sweetness09 said:

Sure, but I’m not benching my studs just because it’s a different week. There wasn’t any matchup that should have scared me from playing them. My team hasn’t performed this bad all season, and had a league high score last week. Guys like Hill, Juju, Gronk, Lindsay all crapped the bed the same week. It’s luck of the draw really.

Exactly - hindsight is 20/20. If Ertz catches one of those balls in the end zone and puts up 11 FP instead of 2.2, I'm feeling a lot different today. Few people thought the Eagles wouldn't need to pass, pass, pass and play catch-up in the second half. But Ertz wound up doing very little, while relatively unknown commodity Jaylen Samuels did see a ton of productive use (despite not scoring), and now I'm sitting here lamenting my decision to start Ertz at TE. I gambled wrong.

Experts thought Fournette was likely to ball out with a favorable game script, so I went with that instead of gambling that Cook would see so many touches (both were good matchups on paper). I chose wrong, and am bummed today. Now Fournette's saying the Jags planned to limit his carries yesterday - sh-t, if I knew that 24 hours ago I would absolutely have started Dalvin Cook, and wouldn't now be praying for a miracle tonight from a lame Panthers D against Brees. That sucks, man. But I'm sad that I guessed wrong in a game I invest a ton of time playing and that my team underperformed so badly, not that I ignored obviously better information. You can't avoid the luck factor. My teams are usually good, but I've only won one or two titles because of the annual playoff randomness that bites me in the butt.

Edited by 99-percent-sure

giphy.gif

After this week, I want to have Festivus with several players on all 3 of my teams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I hate kickers, I really do. 

I play two leagues I really care about in one I had Fairbairn vs. Mahler and in the other one I had Mahler vs. Fairbairn and both games ended up within 4 points. 

It evened out for me, but I still think it sucks. I'm totally onboard with scrapping kickers. 

Thielen, Lindsay, Tyreek and Dallas Kicker. Lost by a large margin and my opponent has a bunch of 3rd stringers go off on my team. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sweetness09 said:

I'm not saying bench them, I'm saying there's a reason players don't just have a ceiling and no floor. Or maybe the other way around.

Edited by Coprolagnia

What a letdown. I legitimately had a shot to take down the #1 overall seed (on paper at least). His team dominated all season, wire to wire. My bad luck all started Thursday night.

1) Thursday: Butker only getting 4 points

2) Thursday: Me not starting Chris Jones DT with 18 IDP points

3) Saturday: Chubb average

4) Saturday: Landry terrible

5) Sunday: Aaron Jones ruled out in 1st quarter

6) Sunday: Ben average

7) Sunday: Gronk terrible

8) Sunday: Cooks underwhelming

My team on the left. Literally all my guys under-performed. What's worse about it is that his horses under-performed as well. Luck, Saquon, JuJu and Kittle combining for a total of 36 points. Damn Atlanta defense with 31 points.

spKyQY0.png

Edited by jtbgator
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

In a very deep (30 roster spots) bestball format dynasty league  I had already lost Hunt but made it to the semi-final anyways. Well this week the fantasy gods struck my team with injuries to Keenan Allen, Aaron Jones, Tyler Boyd, Marcus Murphy, and Isaiah McKenzie.

11 hours ago, chud12 said:

Didn’t take advantage of Samuels TE designation and started him at RB instead. I chose to start Stills in one of my flex spots when I could of out Samuels there and plugged in Ingram at rb I’m turn playing 4 rbs in my lu. So dumb on my part. 

You play on Yahoo, had Jaylen Samuels, and didn't use him as a TE? I don't know what to tell you man... woof

2 minutes ago, trashlife said:

You play on Yahoo, had Jaylen Samuels, and didn't use him as a TE? I don't know what to tell you man... woof

Yeah, that helps. 

36 minutes ago, trashlife said:

I had Ertz as my starting tight end and because of injuries to Obj, Ware snd Conner I was fiddling with my lu all week because news on each player not playing broke at diff times. So by the time Sunday came around just a major brain fart on my part. It’s a vent thread, I didn’t ask for feedback. I know it sucks lol.