colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

12 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Would love to back and pick up the Atl D..if ONLY to hold and defend myself from getting eliminated by a one week rental, bottom of the league defense.

Blocking a potential key move by your opponent is different than holding a 2nd or 3rd defense just through sheer inertia, without giving it much thought.

I was in 2 leagues this year. 2nd highest scorer in both, got knocked out in one last week because I was up by 70 with David Johnson and Diggs still left...he has Kittle, Cooper, and Dak combine for 120.

Now tonight in my big money league, I'm playing the 6-7 team who got 45 points from ATL D and Fairbairn. All I needed was a modest 30 points combined from Kamara, Michael Thomas, and Ian Thomas. And the Saints decide to imitate the Cardinals offense when I needed them most.

I've never had a more frustrating year of fantasy...makes me want to give it up all together and just play daily contests.

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Very important lesson to learn.  It's okay to scan the experts rankings, but you always have to make your own decision based on your specific league settings, scoring system, opponent, remaining roster, and the like.  Rankings are a general guideline to be considered but ignored under the right circumstances.  Projections, on the other hand, must be studiously and steadfastly ignored in any and all circumstances.

If I never looked at rankings and just went with my analysis/gut I would do infinitely better at this game. I tell myself this every year and every year I don't learn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Damn #1 seed in my league bout to post up his lowest score of the year and lose  his matchup... he avg 126/PG and outscore 2nd place by 125. His previous low score was 80 during his bye last week. Hes playing 6th seed and will lose by 40 it seems.

Cruel game we play 

8 minutes ago, mongidig said:

If I never looked at rankings and just went with my analysis/gut I would do infinitely better at this game. I tell myself this every year and every year I don't learn. 

Same here I always set my lineups 2 to 3 weeks in advance and generally those lineups would win me games that I lost cuz I went ahead and made changes to it... never fails even tell myself to stop doing last minutes moves etc and still do it. Been at it for like 6 seasons...

2 minutes ago, Rozr1 said:

Damn #1 seed in my league bout to post up his lowest score of the year and lose  his matchup... he avg 126/PG and outscore 2nd place by 125. His previous low score was 80 during his bye last week. Hes playing 6th seed and will lose by 40 it seems.

Cruel game we play 

Thats happening a lot this week. A lot of C+ and B players did great this week and top scorers are hurt. I snuck into the playoffs as the 5th seed and am beating the 1 seed thats been unbeatable. He has Gordon, Conner, Allen, Boyd, AJones. A team of great picks just wrecked from injury. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DOOSH MAGOOSH said:

Going to win my semi final by at least 60... Suck it vent and ranters!

Looking forward to seeing you back when you lose a heartbreaker next Monday ;)

• Haha 1

Yea him having Conner hurt didn't help things. Kelce, goff, thielen, fournette, c Davis didn't show up this week for him.  Boyd left game and Kamara having a avg game as well didn't help. 

Up by 15 with my Michael Thomas against his CMC (standard league).

In our ESPN league you get 2 pt bonus for 40 yard TD pass and another 2 pt bonus for a 50 yard TD pass. Of course CMC throws a 50 yard TD pass...of course he does.

I lost by 1.5 points. Season over. Awful.

*side note: Ertz getting me 2.2 points last night didn't help.....

Just brutal man....just ******** brutal

• Sad 4

Needed 29.5 from Kamara, Michael Thomas, and Ian Thomas. I was down .5 with 3 minutes to go...Kamara and Thomas can't get me the last few yards to seal the deal and Carolina gets the ball back. 4th and 5, last play of the game...Ian Thomas drops a catchable pass and my season is over, lost by .5 points to the 6-7 team who got 45 points from his defense and kicker.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Up by 15 with my Michael Thomas against his CMC (standard league).

In our ESPN league you get 2 pt bonus for 40 yard TD pass and another 2 pt bonus for a 50 yard TD pass. Of course CMC throws a 50 yard TD pass...of course he does.

I lost by 1.5 points. Season over. Awful.

*side note: Ertz getting me 2.2 points last night didn't help.....

Just brutal man....just ******** brutal

That's why I hate those kind of bonus points.  I have a league that does a bonus point for a rush, reception, or TD that's 40+ yards.  Everyone else in the league likes it though so I can't do anything about it.

If I had played the bears defense instead of the broncos defense last week I would have advanced to the semis and would have beaten each of the teams that advanced. 

1 minute ago, ZappB said:

That's why I hate those kind of bonus points.  I have a league that does a bonus point for a rush, reception, or TD that's 40+ yards.  Everyone else in the league likes it though so I can't do anything about it.

I should also mention the guy I played against had his kicker put up 22 ******** points.

Every year this kind of thing happens...and every year I say never again. LOL

If I had picked up Burton as TE or picked up Tennessee defense or even started Jeffrey I would've covered my 11 points. Just amazing... 

******** Newton is trash also cant even feed CMC.

Lost by 1.5. If the saints dont fumble and kick the fg I win. Total of 16 brees, thomas lutz and lamar miller.. #1 seed.. 

hopefully this tops everyone. LOST BY .04 POINTS. 1 QB passing yard.

• Haha 1

Just now, Buster05 said:

Lost by 1.5. If the saints dont fumble and kick the fg I win. Total of 16 brees, thomas lutz and lamar miller.. #1 seed.. 

It ******** sucks doesn't it? It's this weird feeling of what the f--- did I just waste my time on for the last 3 months?

We are ******** sadists man.....all this time invested to watch some f***ers flip a coin.

I hope JJ Natson and DJ Moore have to poop themselves at their wedding, if they aren’t married already. 

Lost by 5 and Lamar Miller in my flex definitely did not help. Ugh. #1 seed, outscored the #2 team by 100 with an 11-2 record. Came crashing down against the #5 seed. 

4 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

It ******** sucks doesn't it? It's this weird feeling of what the f--- did I just waste my time on for the last 3 months?

We are ******** sadists man.....all this time invested to watch some f***ers flip a coin.

Haha I started Miller over David Johnson:angry:

50% luck (any uncontrollable variables such as injuries, turnovers, etc.)

30% schedule/matchups (real games and your opponent)

20% skills (draft, WW, trades, start/sit)

All my guys had s---y matchups this week and they were all studs and I lost. And next week they all have amazing schedules SMH!  Some advice, ALWAYS look ahead and check your playoff schedules!