colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

4 minutes ago, Buster05 said:

Haha I started Miller over David Johnson:angry:

And I started Aaron Rodgers over Russell Wilson for some god damn reason....

Started ARob over Golladay....

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, FANattic86 said:

50% luck (any uncontrollable variables such as injuries, turnovers, etc.)

30% schedule/matchups (real games and your opponent)

20% skills (draft, WW, trades, start/sit)

All my guys had s---y matchups this week and they were all studs and I lost. And next week they all have amazing schedules SMH!  Some advice, ALWAYS look ahead and check your playoff schedules!

I think there's always talk of players to target around the trade deadline with an emphasis on looking towards the playoffs weeks.

If I remember right, Cam was talked about as being one of those guys.  So you never know.

1 hour ago, DOOSH MAGOOSH said:

Going to win my semi final by at least 60... Suck it vent and ranters!

Appropriate screen name

• Haha 2

I needed 31pts from Kamara tonight because Keenan Allen died and Gronk is a f'ing shell of himself. Ended up losing by 7.07pts. I'm so sick of Paytons nonsense. I easily should've won this matchup and been set for back to back championship wins. Got hit with injuries during the bye week and everything came crashing down after going 11-2 and having the highest point total by over 200+ points. Can't believe I'm gonna lose like this. Such BS.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DOOSH MAGOOSH said:

Going to win my semi final by at least 60... Suck it vent and ranters!

Meh, your girlfriend's team wasn't that strong.  She got lucky to get there.  The real test is next week against your niece! 

• Haha 1

Looks like Payton not kicking a field goal in the final minutes for a 6 point lead screwed a few people over.

26 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Up by 15 with my Michael Thomas against his CMC (standard league).

In our ESPN league you get 2 pt bonus for 40 yard TD pass and another 2 pt bonus for a 50 yard TD pass. Of course CMC throws a 50 yard TD pass...of course he does.

I lost by 1.5 points. Season over. Awful.

*side note: Ertz getting me 2.2 points last night didn't help.....

Just brutal man....just ******** brutal

That's pretty odd to have 50 yd bonus on top of a 40 yd'er.  Who's bright idea was that?

I lost by less than 2 points thanks to Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper, George Kittle and Andrew Luck ****ting the bed, and Antonio Brown being a disappointment once again.

Oh well, I'll see you guys next year.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

That's pretty odd to have 50 yd bonus on top of a 40 yd'er.  Who's bright idea was that?

It's stupid I know...it's some weird quirk about the Espn standard league I'm in. Seems odd to grant another 2 pts for just 10 more yards.

Of course you never really worry about it until the RB you are playing against throws a pass for exactly 50 yards. 10 point play just like that.

• Like 1

Michael Thomas had a couple of decent catches get over turned because of strange penalties also....any one of those stick and I move on to the championship.

Okay...this is not good for my health. Good night and good luck I guess.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Up 21 despite Keenan Allen’s 0. Ian Thomas vs Kamara. Lost by less than 2 thanks to Thomas sucking and dropping that last pass. I hate Cam.

Fantasy football is stupid and pointless. Time to invest my time on myself and no more on my fake team of pathetic choke artists.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

Fantasy football is stupid and pointless. Time to invest my time on myself and no more on my fake team of pathetic choke artists.

It's funny how finally losing in fantasy football almost feels like being freed from shackles

• Like 2

Is anyone else so mad right now that you can't go to bed because you're too heated to do anything else? I literally am losing sleep because I'm still sitting here and looking at my score after losing by a half point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I think the world would be a happier place if we all stopped playing fantasy football

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Is anyone else so mad right now that you can't go to bed because you're too heated to do anything else? I literally am losing sleep because I'm still sitting here and looking at my score after losing by a half point.

I think fantasy football should get rid of H2H’s and just go by total points scored in a full season

• Confused 1

That was me last night and most of today. But strangely enough this is how I'm feeling now:

3 minutes ago, atrium said:

It's funny how finally losing in fantasy football almost feels like being freed from shackles

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FANattic86 said:

I think the world would be a happier place if we all stopped playing fantasy football

I'll stop if you guy's do.

Just now, atrium said:

Dude I can totally relate. Seriously right now I've gone the past 4 weeks with fantasy ruining my Sundays to the point it's put me in a bad mood. Even right now my wife doesn't get why I can be so upset about fantasy football. She doesn't get the pain of missing the championship by a half point as you watch the ball go through your player's hands on the last play of the game on a Monday night. She will never get how I feel right now, but I wish I didn't have to go through this depression for the next week. At least next weekend I won't have football to ruin it again.

• Haha 2

YES

I don't even know what to do with myself....I just want others to wallow in my misery. At first you want to punch something. Then you think maybe I'll just get drunk....

Then you just decide to stare at the wall.

I keep thinking my dumbass league mate probably has the biggest most smug smile ever right now. That pisses me off.

Couldn't have just been a ******** blowout...of course it comes down to the last possession of the MNF game...of course I lose. That pisses me off.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Dude I can totally relate. Seriously right now I've gone the past 4 weeks with fantasy ruining my Sundays to the point it's put me in a bad mood. Even right now my wife doesn't get why I can be so upset about fantasy football. She doesn't get the pain of missing the championship by a half point as you watch the ball go through your player's hands on the last play of the game on a Monday night. She will never get how I feel right now, but I wish I didn't have to go through this depression for the next week. At least next weekend I won't have football to ruin it again.

Look bro we all like fantasy sports that’s why we’re here.  But if your getting legitimately depressed over a fake game that is dependent on other grown men catching the skin of a pig you need some therapy.  It’s not that serious bro. Relax yourself 

• Confused 1

Just now, meverett85 said:

YES

I don't even know what to do with myself....I just want others to wallow in my misery. At first you want to punch something. Then you think maybe I'll just get drunk....

Then you just decide to stare at the wall.

I keep thinking my dumbass league mate probably has the biggest most smug smile ever right now. That pisses me off.

Couldn't have just been a ******** blowout...of course it comes down to the last possession of the MNF game...of course I lose. That pisses me off.

The worst part about it too for me is since I feel like this whole year has gone against me, my mentality started off tonight as "well knowing my luck my players are going to choke" and then I get the glimmer of hope where I think I could actually do it, but then it ends in heartbreak and I go back to the thought process of "of course I was going to get screwed like this, why did I think anything differently would happen?"

1 minute ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Look bro we all like fantasy sports that’s why we’re here.  But if your getting legitimately depressed over a fake game that is dependent on other grown men catching the skin of a pig you need some therapy.  It’s not that serious bro. Relax yourself 

Being literally depressed is an overstatement, but it definitely puts me in a worse mood the following day.