colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

3 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Look bro we all like fantasy sports that’s why we’re here.  But if your getting legitimately depressed over a fake game that is dependent on other grown men catching the skin of a pig you need some therapy.  It’s not that serious bro. Relax yourself 

This is like smug condescension masquerading as genuine concern. Humble yourself, and save the life advice for another forum.

Edited by atrium
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, brosephd said:

fantasy football is like cocaine. fun but bad for your health. 

Fantasy is worst than cocaine, at least with cocaine you can have some amazing sex, unlike with fantasy football you’re too busy thinking of who to start or sit to even get it up

• Haha 4

Just now, GoPackGo23 said:

The worst part about it too for me is since I feel like this whole year has gone against me, my mentality started off tonight as "well knowing my luck my players are going to choke" and then I get the glimmer of hope where I think I could actually do it, but then it ends in heartbreak and I go back to the thought process of "of course I was going to get screwed like this, why did I think anything differently would happen?"

I know the feeling....I never lose these match ups as the underdog....I'm always favored and always s--- the bed.

Going into last night's game I am up by 13 with my Ertz/MT against his CMC. You know the deal...I'm already deciding who I'm going to play as my WR2 next week...which defense to play, etc.

I should know better.

I'm 33 ******** years old with a baby sleeping in the room down the hall...WTF am I doing!!!! Is there some sort of fantasy financial investment game? Fantasy learn another language? ******** pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Look bro we all like fantasy sports that’s why we’re here.  But if your getting legitimately depressed over a fake game that is dependent on other grown men catching the skin of a pig you need some therapy.  It’s not that serious bro. Relax yourself 

First I never take advice from someone who starts a sentence with "look bro"

Second, there is nothing worse than someone telling you too relax when you are pissed off. It's a fantasy game but the pain is real.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Needed 29.5 from Kamara, Michael Thomas, and Ian Thomas. I was down .5 with 3 minutes to go...Kamara and Thomas can't get me the last few yards to seal the deal and Carolina gets the ball back. 4th and 5, last play of the game...Ian Thomas drops a catchable pass and my season is over, lost by .5 points to the 6-7 team who got 45 points from his defense and kicker.

BAD beat.  It must have felt like you had it.

3 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

I know the feeling....I never lose these match ups as the underdog....I'm always favored and always s--- the bed.

Going into last night's game I am up by 13 with my Ertz/MT against his CMC. You know the deal...I'm already deciding who I'm going to play as my WR2 next week...which defense to play, etc.

I should know better.

I'm 33 ******** years old with a baby sleeping in the room down the hall...WTF am I doing!!!! Is there some sort of fantasy financial investment game? Fantasy learn another language? ******** pathetic.

I wish I was like a different guy in my league who just sets his lineup every week and then just goes with the flow. It makes it worse when you actually take all the time to do your research, always be active on waivers and making trades, and spending hours on these forums because it all comes crashing down anyways and the guy who doesn't give a s*** ends up getting just as far as me in the playoffs. And he will wake up tomorrow morning and go about his life like nothing happened. I want to be like him but then always think I can do more to make my team better and then I get too emotionally invested.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

BAD beat.  It must have felt like you had it.

Oh I definitely did. Once I realized all I needed was one more catch from any of those 3 players I was liking my chances. Not to mention I started the night off with like a 80% chance to win and thought I would have to be very unlucky to not pull it off.

24 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Is anyone else so mad right now that you can't go to bed because you're too heated to do anything else? I literally am losing sleep because I'm still sitting here and looking at my score after losing by a half point.

Stat correction to save the day?

5 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I wish I was like a different guy in my league who just sets his lineup every week and then just goes with the flow. It makes it worse when you actually take all the time to do your research, always be active on waivers and making trades, and spending hours on these forums because it all comes crashing down anyways and the guy who doesn't give a s*** ends up getting just as far as me in the playoffs. And he will wake up tomorrow morning and go about his life like nothing happened. I want to be like him but then always think I can do more to make my team better and then I get too emotionally invested.

God this is therapeutic.....I'll continue to rant.

I run to the waiver wire and pick up Spencer Ware when the news first breaks about Hunt. God damn I was smug as hell to grab him from the free agent pool.

Spencer Ware then basically immediately gets injured......my opponent picks up D. Williams this week and slots him in as a flex. Argh.

Edited by meverett85

12 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

13 point cushion along with Ertz and MT wasn't enough for CMC? even one point PPR seems like enough?

Just now, meverett85 said:

God this is therapeutic.....I'll continue to rant.

I run to the waiver wire and pick up Spencer Ware when the news first breaks about Hunt. God damn I was smug as hell to grab him from the free agent pool.

Spencer Ware then basically immediately gets injured......my opponent picks up D. Williams and slots him in as a flex. Argh.

I know the feeling. I noticed my opponent this week had the Chiefs defense so I picked up 3 top defenses to try and block him from getting one to play against me this week. He ends up picking up the 31st ranked Atlanta D because ESPN had them as the highest projected defense available...ends up scoring 23 points to go along with his kicker's 22.

• Sad 1

Just now, brosephd said:

13 point cushion along with Ertz and MT wasn't enough for CMC? even one point PPR seems like enough?

In my screwed up ESPN league you get a 4 point bonus for TD pass over 50 yards. There in lies the rub my friend!

CMC got 22 points today....MT less than 5.

The one last thing I would like to vent before I'm done for good on here...if we had fractional scoring in our league I would have won and been in the championship. He has a guy like Hooper who didn't touch the ball once and gets the same amount of points as someone like Lamar Miller who got 8 yards. If you actually add up all of our yards, my team played better than his, but because of the way it rounded up/down, I lose. It's like winning the popular vote and losing because of the electoral college...I now know how Hillary must have felt.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

The one last thing I would like to vent before I'm done for good on here...if we had fractional scoring in our league I would have won and been in the championship. He has a guy like Hooper who didn't touch the ball once and gets the same amount of points as someone like Lamar Miller who got 8 yards. If you actually add up all of our yards, my team played better than his, but because of the way it rounded up/down, I lose. It's like winning the popular vote and losing because of the electoral college...I now know how Hillary must have felt.

Being a Bears fan and seeing a Packer rant like this, I gotta say, gives me a slight chuckle. Say it with me, there’s always next year! 

16 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

What kind of serious league doesn't play with fractional scoring?

And the electoral college exists for a very good reason, so you don't have 1/4th of the country's population residing in the same area, living under similar circumstances, being like-minded and therefor cockblocking the rest of the nation.

Edited by OmegaRed88
  • Like 1

Anyway, you’ll be surprised how quickly things can turn. It’s only a matter of time before most of you guys will come out on top and visit this thread thinking “man, that used to be me too.” 

We’ve all been through it. Your day will come. 

I'm so pissed.  Lost by 6.3 points.

I've scored more points than anyone in my league this season, and it is not even close.... Next closest point leader is 80 pts behind....  I've gotten nearly everyones best game all season long -  3rd highest PA in the league.....  I have freak injuries to end the season (Sanders > Melvin > OBJ).... Burkhead comes back and ruins Sony...  My opponent picks up the Falcons D just before kickoff Sunday.... JuJu has a TD ripped out of his hands that would have sealed the deal.... I have a 10.5 point lead headed into tonight...  My opponent has Kamara & Ian Thomas...I have no choice but to play DJ Moore & Curtis Samuel.... . Moore has that awful fumble.....  Cam Newton literally can't throw a football.... I've scored 252 more points than my opponent this season.... He wins.... Our leagues pot is some serious coin....

Just horrible luck to end the season.  At least I can compete next week to get my money back. 

Uggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

20 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

What kind of serious league doesn't play with fractional scoring?

And the electoral college exists for a very good reason, so you don't have 1/4th of the country's population residing in the same area, living under similar circumstances, being like-minded and therefor cockblocking the rest of the nation.

Also kind of sucks to have 3 random states decide the fate of the executive branch every year

Barely scored 60 pts with my 11-2, record breaking avg of 121 per game in standard, best team i ever owned. Literally all my players scored their season low except for hopkins.

cam 4,5

barkley 5,5

lindsay 4

mt 4

hopkins 29

Ertz 2.2

hill 4

lutz 6

texans 5

what a game.

• Haha 1

Guy in our league (who didn't even make the playoffs), dropped Derrick Henry the day of his 240 yard, 4 TD performance...

Guy who finished #4th in the standings won the waiver bid for Henry for $10...all other playoff teams had less than $10 left..

Now he's wrecking everyone in the playoffs, having picked up a RB1 off the wire for practically nothing. 

Lock Eliminated Teams: No

That little setting screwed over every playoff team in our league except his.

Edited by CORTEz

7 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

This is basically all but two of us in my league. Losses don't hurt most of my leaguemates one bit. My cousin just put up a team total 47 in the semis in the other bracket of our league...47...and he's looking forward to playing the 3rd place game against me because it's "cousin vs cousin" LMAO. I envy them so much..because as much as I try...I'm just not wired like that..I wanna be ok with just losing in the semis (AGAIN..like pretty much always..im the Buffalo Bills of the semis) but I'm not..it sucks and it's frustrating and a 3rd place consolation win isn't going to take those feelings away

So while I'm here..I've been running my league for 9 years...this is 6th time I've been to the semis (5 through bye) and this is 4th time I've lost. This is the first time I've felt my team actually choked (along with a big fat 0 from Keenan Allen) but I just can RARELY get over this hump. Last time i did was 2013..5 years ago.  Every time before...worst beats ever losses of 5, 1 and .32 (in the year i lost by 1...lost by .10 in the 3rd place game..#1 seed 11 wins..no money back) annnnnd top it off literally everytime i lose had i won and advanced i wouldve beaten the other teams who advanced (two times pretty easily). It just sucks beyond belief to always get this far and mostly NEVER advance

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Oh I definitely did. Once I realized all I needed was one more catch from any of those 3 players I was liking my chances. Not to mention I started the night off with like a 80% chance to win and thought I would have to be very unlucky to not pull it off.

This was me last week during the Eagles Cowboays game. I lost 129.1 to 130 in a PPR league. I had Ertz (who did terrible that game) and Zeke. 

Gronk on my bench too haha.

Wouldn't have mattered though because this week I would have lost any way since I started Luck (9 points), Lamar Miller (0.8 points), and Aaron Jones (0.8 points). 

Team typically puts up 130+ and they got 52 I think it was this week.

Thank you Keenan Allen for getting me to the conference finals but man.....2 catches for 50 yards would have got me in the finals.

Whaddyagonnado?