colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

Recommended Posts

On 10/8/2018 at 7:39 AM, ajs723 said:

I've completely come around to the position that we should eliminate kickers and defenses from fantasy.

 

Many have already explained the reasons why kickers should be gone, but defenses are just as bad. It's completely unpredictable, and the points don't reward good play, they reward fluke plays. Defense forces a quick e and out. No points for that. Goal line stand, no points for that. Blow up a running back in the backfield, nothing. Ball gets batted in the air for an easy pick 6, 8 points. 

 

I played the Niner defense yesterday. I get nothing even though they played great. They forced 8 punts. Rosen went 10/25 for 170 yards, and they held DJ to 3 yards per carry. But, they didn't get any turnovers and only one sack. They gave up one long fluke TD, the Cards scored a defensive TD, and the defense set up two other short TDs. 

 

TLDR: Fantasy needs to ditch kickers and defenses. 

 

You could indirectly reward three and outs and tackles for loss, by awarding pts for yardage allowed, obvoiusly, more pts for less yardage allowed and less pts for more yardage allowed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎08 at 5:39 AM, ajs723 said:

I've completely come around to the position that we should eliminate kickers and defenses from fantasy.

 

Many have already explained the reasons why kickers should be gone, but defenses are just as bad. It's completely unpredictable, and the points don't reward good play, they reward fluke plays. Defense forces a quick e and out. No points for that. Goal line stand, no points for that. Blow up a running back in the backfield, nothing. Ball gets batted in the air for an easy pick 6, 8 points. 

 

I played the Niner defense yesterday. I get nothing even though they played great. They forced 8 punts. Rosen went 10/25 for 170 yards, and they held DJ to 3 yards per carry. But, they didn't get any turnovers and only one sack. They gave up one long fluke TD, the Cards scored a defensive TD, and the defense set up two other short TDs. 

 

TLDR: Fantasy needs to ditch kickers and defenses. 

 

I would like to see the two positions consolidated into one. If you own the DST of a team that includes the kicker. IMO trying to kick a field goal is a special teams play so why not make some crappier defenses viable by including the kicker points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooooooooooooooooo many hamstring injuries.  Freaking stretch the hammies for f--- sake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TwoCan Sam said:

I’m about to drop Larry Fitzgerald. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d be doing this, especially my 4th round pick.

 

Did it this week.  It hurt man.  I really hope he turns it around.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 4:39 AM, ajs723 said:

I've completely come around to the position that we should eliminate kickers and defenses from fantasy.

 

Many have already explained the reasons why kickers should be gone, but defenses are just as bad. It's completely unpredictable, and the points don't reward good play, they reward fluke plays. Defense forces a quick e and out. No points for that. Goal line stand, no points for that. Blow up a running back in the backfield, nothing. Ball gets batted in the air for an easy pick 6, 8 points. 

 

I played the Niner defense yesterday. I get nothing even though they played great. They forced 8 punts. Rosen went 10/25 for 170 yards, and they held DJ to 3 yards per carry. But, they didn't get any turnovers and only one sack. They gave up one long fluke TD, the Cards scored a defensive TD, and the defense set up two other short TDs. 

 

TLDR: Fantasy needs to ditch kickers and defenses. 

This is exactly why I created two leagues this year with no Kicker and No Defense. 1QB 2RB 3WR 2FLEX and it has been way more fun without the headache of choosing kickers and defenses. I got roped into a buddies league league that does have K and DEF and it's far worse imo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to say something.

 

f--- Derek Carr.

f--- Amari Cooper.

f--- Derrick Henry and his cleats.

f--- Adam Gase.

 

Edited by DillyDilly
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DillyDilly said:

I just want to say something.

 

f--- Derek Carr.

f--- Amari Cooper.

f--- Derrick Henry and his cleats.

f--- Adam Gase.

 

 

Dilly Dilly to this as another Drake/Pooper owner. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, josheggers said:

This is exactly why I created two leagues this year with no Kicker and No Defense. 1QB 2RB 3WR 2FLEX and it has been way more fun without the headache of choosing kickers and defenses. I got roped into a buddies league league that does have K and DEF and it's far worse imo

I like having a defense, it's at least fairly predictable and you can do the match analysis if you just want to stream.

 

All my competitive leagues have dropped kickers though... Too much wild card in a game that can already be so random anyways.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

I like having a defense, it's at least fairly predictable and you can do the match analysis if you just want to stream.

 

All my competitive leagues have dropped kickers though... Too much wild card in a game that can already be so random anyways.

 

I hate kickers and defenses, but I can't really complain as a couple of my wins were off picking the right defense. I rode Crosby up until last week but I'm making a change there because GB offense is not like I thought it would be. The position I'd like to get rid of is TE. If you don't pick one of the Top 3 guys you are pretty much screwed there. I would say that position is far more useless than the K and DEF positions. It's been a f*n nightmare. I have Ebron right now. I dropped OJ Howard the first week because I got a bunch of injuries and opted to keep Doyle because of last year. In hindsight what a dumb move that was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time going 0-5 in many years of FF..and what's been most surprising is the overwhelming number of dumb trade offers you get when your team slips this far.  Don't know if the other owners are expecting me to just throw in the towel or what.  I think part of the fun going forward now will be just seeing who's seasons I can ruin..maybe what handcuffs or players I can stash that will be of big value to competitive teams that stand to be in need of said players..just try to have fun with playing spoiler from here on out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it was going to be tough this week with a player on a bye, but pretty much zero chance now. 

 

Going up against barkley and clement on TNF

 

ha, on to next week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

First time going 0-5 in many years of FF..and what's been most surprising is the overwhelming number of dumb trade offers you get when your team slips this far.  Don't know if the other owners are expecting me to just throw in the towel or what.  I think part of the fun going forward now will be just seeing who's seasons I can ruin..maybe what handcuffs or players I can stash that will be of big value to competitive teams that stand to be in need of said players..just try to have fun with playing spoiler from here on out.

Yeah I never understood people who try to lowball the last place teams. Like because a team has no chance of making the playoffs, they're going to go out of their way to make their own team even worse, even though they gain nothing from it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 4:39 AM, ajs723 said:

Many have already explained the reasons why kickers should be gone, but defenses are just as bad. It's completely unpredictable, and the points don't reward good play, they reward fluke plays. Defense forces a quick e and out. No points for that. Goal line stand, no points for that. Blow up a running back in the backfield, nothing. Ball gets batted in the air for an easy pick 6, 8 points. 

I play in a league that awards TFL, sacks and fourth down stops. You can just turn on the settings?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CletisVanDamme said:

First time going 0-5 in many years of FF..and what's been most surprising is the overwhelming number of dumb trade offers you get when your team slips this far.  Don't know if the other owners are expecting me to just throw in the towel or what.  I think part of the fun going forward now will be just seeing who's seasons I can ruin..maybe what handcuffs or players I can stash that will be of big value to competitive teams that stand to be in need of said players..just try to have fun with playing spoiler from here on out.

This is me too! Try and F as many goons as possible 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Facing Barkley in one league and Jeffery in the other. 

 

Not a good start to the weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't draft Alshon, but he was on my league's waiver wire for at least two weeks. Picked him up last Monday (before week 5) to possibly fill in at flex, but I realized I needed to switch my defense from Jacksonville if I wanted to be competitive in my game last weekend facing Barkley and Conner. Opted to drop Jeffrey on Saturday, figuring I could just pick him up again Monday. (Had Fuller, Cooks, Golladay in my lineup, with Hilton injured). The move itself worked great - grabbed Cincinnati, who scored 22, and I won my game by four points. But someone picked up Jeffrey before I could reverse the move - and it was my opponent that I faced last night. Ugh! 2 TDs for Jeffrey to one for Ertz (if only he'd gotten open on that last FG drive - Wentz was clearly looking for him, but he was double-covered).

 

Yeah, maybe in retrospect I should have dropped my backup QB instead of Jeffrey, but my league awards 6 points for TD passes and I really wanted to make sure I still have Wilson in case Mahomes goes down. I was more afraid someone would claim him off waivers (and he did have a good game against the Rams). I like his playoff schedule a lot (49ers, Chiefs). Plus, I have five other players with week nine byes thanks to having to roster Yeldon to back up Fournette and having picked up Mixon while he was injured, since beggars can't be choosers. (I drafted Ertz, Jacksonville, Fournette). So, my mindset was that Jeffrey was not a great fit for my team and I could take the risk of him getting snatched. I mean, he'd been available for weeks and no one else seemed to want him.

By the way, it sucks having your four top draft choices not even playing (Bell gone, Fournette injured, Hilton injured, Russ being outplayed by Mahomes). It's a miracle I'm even 2-3 (could be 5-0 - every game has been decided by 5 or less).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week I got a combined 1.7 pts from 4 players.

 

Has that ever been done?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 10:19 AM, Duckbutter said:

Ditch kickers and go IDP.  Why serious players still use snake drafts and team defenses is crazy to me. How we can take points from a Defense when that defensive team's QB throws a pick 6 makes zero sense. It's not normal to have a player/position gains/loses points when they are not even on the field. 

 

This is my first year experiencing this. Usually I have Tucker or Gostkowski as my kicker and they are reliable. Zuerelin gets injured this year and all he’ll breaks loose.

 

combined with defenses giving me 0’s on three occasions, I have now lost three games due to kickers/DST — once when GZ got injured in warmups and again with Crosby’s day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was offered Chris Hogan for James Conner. 

 

Conner is RB6. A mid range RB1. Extremely scarce to find guys that can really dominate all the touches. 

 

Hogan an is the 6th most effective pass catcher on his own team. Gronk, White, Edelman, Gordon, Dorsett, then Hogan. 

 

WTF 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Was offered Chris Hogan for James Conner. 

 

Conner is RB6. A mid range RB1. Extremely scarce to find guys that can really dominate all the touches. 

 

Hogan an is the 6th most effective pass catcher on his own team. Gronk, White, Edelman, Gordon, Dorsett, then Hogan. 

 

WTF 

 

Chris Hogan is dropable in some leagues but Connor's value could be at an end shortly with Bell's return so a lower offer than what he produces now isn't outlandish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 99-percent-sure said:

I didn't draft Alshon, but he was on my league's waiver wire for at least two weeks. Picked him up last Monday (before week 5) to possibly fill in at flex, but I realized I needed to switch my defense from Jacksonville if I wanted to be competitive in my game last weekend facing Barkley and Conner. Opted to drop Jeffrey on Saturday, figuring I could just pick him up again Monday. (Had Fuller, Cooks, Golladay in my lineup, with Hilton injured). The move itself worked great - grabbed Cincinnati, who scored 22, and I won my game by four points. But someone picked up Jeffrey before I could reverse the move - and it was my opponent that I faced last night. Ugh! 2 TDs for Jeffrey to one for Ertz (if only he'd gotten open on that last FG drive - Wentz was clearly looking for him, but he was double-covered).

 

Yeah, maybe in retrospect I should have dropped my backup QB instead of Jeffrey, but my league awards 6 points for TD passes and I really wanted to make sure I still have Wilson in case Mahomes goes down. I was more afraid someone would claim him off waivers (and he did have a good game against the Rams). I like his playoff schedule a lot (49ers, Chiefs). Plus, I have five other players with week nine byes thanks to having to roster Yeldon to back up Fournette and having picked up Mixon while he was injured, since beggars can't be choosers. (I drafted Ertz, Jacksonville, Fournette). So, my mindset was that Jeffrey was not a great fit for my team and I could take the risk of him getting snatched. I mean, he'd been available for weeks and no one else seemed to want him.

By the way, it sucks having your four top draft choices not even playing (Bell gone, Fournette injured, Hilton injured, Russ being outplayed by Mahomes). It's a miracle I'm even 2-3 (could be 5-0 - every game has been decided by 5 or less).

 

Having picked up Mixon? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I heard the news that were gonna hold Fournette out until Week 10, I traded him yesterday for Greg Olsen and Derek Carr (2-QB league, desperate)

 

Now the news comes out he's coming back Week 7

 

Geez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.