colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

My WR is a f***ing wasteland now. Lost my WR1 for a month, and my WR2 is most likely gone for the season. And 2 guys I was high on during the draft, M. Williams and Cole, have been completely absent the entire season other than a couple games. Looks like Ridley, Amendola, and Snead are my WRs going forward. FML.

10 hours ago, Tax77 said:

ouch, I was flexing Hyde for the year with Chubb cuffed, swapped after the trade. Everything about that coaching staff was dumb keeping that dude on the bench. I hope you can recover from this disaster, never bench him again!

Exactly! I don't even care that he's on bye next week, I'm starting him. B)

53 minutes ago, Helmholtz_Watsonn said:

Big FU to Ebron, Trubs and Lutz. I was heavily favored and needed the W but now need big games from Saquon and SF defense to come back. 

You actually put weight into those expert "projections" lol???

11 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

You actually put weight into those expert "projections" lol???

I sure as hell don't...i'd be damn near undefeated for 9 years running if they were ever close to being right haha

At the end of my draft I had  D Adams,   Doug Baldwin,  Cooper Kupp and Will Fuller.   I thought man I am set for the year !     Now i am scouring the waiver wire week 11.    

At RB, in two leagues, I started Chubb and DJ in one, and Kamara and Fournette in the other, lost the former, and need 35 pts from Kittle to not lose the latter :unsure:

Highest scoring team in my 12-teamer... Dropping to 5-5 this week. Luckily due to my points lead I will be at the head of a 5-team tie a 5-5 for 4th place [6 make playoffs]. But if I don't get another couple wins, I could miss the playoffs.

2nd-highest scoring team in my 8-teamer... Dropping to 4-6 this week, and sitting in 5th place [top 4 make playoffs]. 

This is just a crap year for me, luck-wise. 

Was up over 40 going into Monday night...wasnt too confident but felt ok.

Then OBJ and Breida happened. 

Also, cant wait to RAGE drop the Jets DST.

Edited by Gryfter

34 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Was up over 40 going into Monday night...wasnt too confident but felt ok.

Then OBJ and Breida happened. 

Also, cant wait to RAGE drop the Jets DST.

Yikes that sucks. No lead is safe this year with no one playing defense

Needed 14 points from Barkley in .5 ppr. Something he's done every game this year. Got 12. Most frustrating loss of the season. My opponent had 10 total TDs thanks to Ben and ebron. I slowly came back thanks to hill and adams. All day yesterday I thought I'd win. Ugh

Traded away Golliday and Aaron Jones week 5 for Ingram.... Then traded Coleman for Jared Cook and Howard. Now A.J. is banged up and my other 3 wide recievers (Tate, Coutee, and Sanders) were screwed by trades... Just lost my last 4 of 5 after being undefeated. 

36 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Needed 14 points from Barkley in .5 ppr. Something he's done every game this year. Got 12. Most frustrating loss of the season. My opponent had 10 total TDs thanks to Ben and ebron. I slowly came back thanks to hill and adams. All day yesterday I thought I'd win. Ugh

This twice now I lost on a Monday night game where I needed Barkley to do something.   Last one I was down 4 points and the giants were on the one inch line !!!! I watched helplessly as Eli attempted two qb sneaks rather than simply hand it off to Barkley.    I needed 10 from him last night with our scoring settings and got 7.5.... when he has not fallen below 10 all year.    I cant wait for 2018 to be over !

I need one more catch from OBJ for two yards to beat the first place team in my league. Pretty sure he didn't have a catch for the last 1 1/2 quarters of the game, though he was targeted. That one screen pass would have won it but it was call back for holding. Lost by 0.3. :(

Fingers crossed for a stat correction. 

Moved up into 1st in points scored

Dropped to 5-5 and would be out of the playoffs 

1 hour ago, sott3 said:

I need one more catch from OBJ for two yards to beat the first place team in my league. Pretty sure he didn't have a catch for the last 1 1/2 quarters of the game, though he was targeted. That one screen pass would have won it but it was call back for holding. Lost by 0.3. :(

Fingers crossed for a stat correction. 

Same exact thing happen to me. Just needed one more catch after his second touchdown to win 

58 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Moved up into 1st in points scored

Dropped to 5-5 and would be out of the playoffs 

SAME HERE

This one goes out to the jerk owner in my 10-team league who has Rivers and Rodgers, and picked up Wilson anyway. You really need to hoard a third QB? You're 4-6 and three games out. Sooo glad I beat you in our head-to-head, Conner poacher.

• Haha 1

Such a shame that one of the leagues I own Conner in I most likely won’t make the playoffs... I have one of the highest scoring teams but terrible matchups. 

Ugh... I feel like I need to enumerate all of my mistakes this year just to create a record of my massive ****-ups to look back upon, so here we go...

Draft Mistakes: Dalvin Cook (2nd round, #11 overall), Kenyan Drake (3rd round, #30 overall), Marquise Goodwin (5th round, #50 overall), Corey Davis (6th round, #51 overall), Keelan Cole (9th round, #90 overall)
          - Also drafted Chris Carson (7th round, #70 overall) and dropped him after the first 2 weeks, and drafted Trey Burton (10th round, #91 overall) and dropped him before Week 4.

FAAB Buys: Austin Ekeler ($17 - Gordon cuff, still own), Desean Jackson ($9 - spot started and dropped), Keelan Cole ($8 - picked up after dropping, then he has a big game, then I dropped again), Jared Cook ($19 - I knew I didn't want him and spent it anyways. Dropped.), Jared Goff ($16 - still around but... meh), Keke Coutee ($9 - meh, dropped), Corey Clement ($17 - dropped after 2 weeks)
          - To be slightly fair, this is our first year doing FAAB, but....... wow. 100% of my cash spent by like Week 8 and I have Ekeler and Goff to show for it. 

Trades: James Conner for Tyler Boyd -- I don't even like to admit this one, I'm so f*cking ashamed. I legitimately thought Bell was coming back after the bye and Dalvin would be back way sooner, and my coworker/Bell-owner that I snaked Conner from was able to guilt me into it. 
Tyreek Hill/Dalvin Cook/Latavius Murray for Kareem Hunt/Robert Woods - I would feel better about this one if it weren't so absolutely necessary to salvage any semblance of a decent season after the first trade, though I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Conner/Cook/Hill at this point than Hunt/Woods...

I guess that about wraps it up, no need to dig into the archives to see which waiver/free agent gems I passed over or, as I'm far more likely to do, picked them up and dropped them right before they blow up (which I partly blame this forum for - all you d*cks being so ahead of the curve!). Somehow I'm still sitting precariously at 4th in the standings (also 4th in points for, and 4th in points against), though at this point I'll be lucky to eke out a playoff spot, much less have any chance of taking on the behemoth #1 team in the championship. This is by far my worst season in the past decade, but I guess it's good to be humbled once in a while... c'est la vie. 

Edited by DekuTree

Busted my butt all season to overcome the cancer of a Bell/Fournette/Hilton top-three draft. So far I've made nearly 70 roster moves. Got my team righted at 7-3, third in points in my league. Who am I facing this week? A zombie team with zero roster moves or lineup changes since the draft. They're 8-2 despite scoring 210 points less than me this season and being outscored overall by 15. They've won games while scoring 71 points. Beat me in week two by 2 points, 127-125 (their second-best game of the season - they won another one 133-113). Zombie High constantly plays slightly better than the level of their opponent. They finally hit a bye week last week and lost 149-65. Now I'm facing them again, and not only is Zombie High gonna luck into a full complement of mostly healthy starters against me for this week, but they almost all have plus matchups (Kamara, Stafford, Kelce, Nuk, Diggs, Collins, Baldwin, Jake Elliott, Minny D). I, of course, have a ton of fade matchups and Chubb on bye. You can't make this stuff up. Zero effort beats nose-to-the-grindstone once again.

46 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Busted my butt all season to overcome the cancer of a Bell/Fournette/Hilton top-three draft. So far I've made nearly 70 roster moves. Got my team righted at 7-3, third in points in my league. Who am I facing this week? A zombie team with zero roster moves or lineup changes since the draft. They're 8-2 despite scoring 210 points less than me this season and being outscored overall by 15. They've won games while scoring 71 points. Beat me in week two by 2 points, 127-125 (their second-best game of the season - they won another one 133-113). Zombie High constantly plays slightly better than the level of their opponent. They finally hit a bye week last week and lost 149-65. Now I'm facing them again, and not only is Zombie High gonna luck into a full complement of mostly healthy starters against me for this week, but they almost all have plus matchups (Kamara, Stafford, Kelce, Nuk, Diggs, Collins, Baldwin, Jake Elliott, Minny D). I, of course, have a ton of fade matchups and Chubb on bye. You can't make this stuff up. Zero effort beats nose-to-the-grindstone once again.

Reminds me of a team in my league who's gonna make the playoffs more than likely over me and he has the worst points in the league by far but also best points against..teams just dont score on him..he's not a zombie team but he doesnt put nearly the effort a lot of us in the league have (he's started brandon marshall on two different occassions when he was in seattle and this week plans on starting him again!) yet wouldnt be surprised if he yet again won while i struggle to win with Cam..Kamara..Michael Thomas. Keenan Allen etc.. . So maddening

Oh, and I had Will Fuller up until two weeks ago. So not only do I lose him, but that means more targets for Hopkins, whom I have to face for the second time this season with Fuller not playing. I effing hate zombie team luck.