colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

15 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Did MVS turn into a Night Elf and Shadowmeld?!?!

This might be the nerdiest thing I’ve read all day...

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

This might be the nerdiest thing I’ve read all day...

That's why it got my like.

If you are 10-0 should you aim for Playoff by trading and making your team really strong which can possible cost you to loose week 11 and/or 12 in regular season or aim to be undefeated in the regular season? 

I have possibly chance to get Hunt by that means Gurley and Hunt will be bye next week and i have to give up mixon as part of a deal. 

Edited by Jay85
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

If you are 10-0 should you aim for Playoff by trading and making your team really strong which can possible cost you to loose week 11 and/or 12 in regular season or aim to be undefeated in the regular season? 

I have possibly chance to get Hunt by that means Gurley and Hunt will be bye next week and i have to give up mixon as part of a deal. 

Are you venting or ranting? I can't decide.

Either way, I don't think anyone who is 10-0 comes in here.

2 minutes ago, The Land Of Real Beer said:

Are you venting or ranting? I can't decide.

Either way, I don't think anyone who is 10-0 comes in here.

I can only conclude he’s ranting at not already being 11-0.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

but then what do you do come fantasy playoff time when the chiefs and rams start resting guys like gurley and hunt???

19 hours ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

but then what do you do come fantasy playoff time when the chiefs and rams start resting guys like gurley and hunt???

You exit this thread and find the Victory Is Mine! thread.  

Real life NFL coaches may rest their studs in week 17 if they have already locked up home field; no way they rest them in week 16 as well.  Not going to sit, say, Todd Gurley week 16, 17, then the bye, and return after nearly a month of no football, for a playoff game.

• Like 1

Kupp.. Watkins..Graham Injuries really ****** my team up. I'm 7-3 tied for 1st really 2nd because of points.. This week I'm going against the guy i'm tied with who beat me in our first match up by 4 points  (Kupp barely played because of the Horse collar). Now we face off again and Kupps done, Watkins looks like hes not playing. I might have to either pick up Anthony Miller or Chris Connely FML. This f***ers getting all the breaks and I'm getting ****** by injuries.  He also beat me last year in the championship as the 6th seed with a completely different team he started the playoffs with because of waivers, he got first selection each week because he was the 6th seed and got all the top waiver selections 3 weeks in  a row which pissed me off beyond belief.  I'm getting furious just writing this F'N RANT!!!!

On 11/15/2018 at 9:53 AM, 99-percent-sure said:

Busted my butt all season to overcome the cancer of a Bell/Fournette/Hilton top-three draft. So far I've made nearly 70 roster moves. Got my team righted at 7-3, third in points in my league. Who am I facing this week? A zombie team with zero roster moves or lineup changes since the draft. They're 8-2 despite scoring 210 points less than me this season and being outscored overall by 15. They've won games while scoring 71 points. Beat me in week two by 2 points, 127-125 (their second-best game of the season - they won another one 133-113). Zombie High constantly plays slightly better than the level of their opponent. They finally hit a bye week last week and lost 149-65. Now I'm facing them again, and not only is Zombie High gonna luck into a full complement of mostly healthy starters against me for this week, but they almost all have plus matchups (Kamara, Stafford, Kelce, Nuk, Diggs, Collins, Baldwin, Jake Elliott, Minny D). I, of course, have a ton of fade matchups and Chubb on bye. You can't make this stuff up. Zero effort beats nose-to-the-grindstone once again.

This shows everyone what a bull**** game fantasy football is. This game is the most overrated game ever played. Amen. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2018 at 8:53 AM, 99-percent-sure said:

Busted my butt all season to overcome the cancer of a Bell/Fournette/Hilton top-three draft. So far I've made nearly 70 roster moves. Got my team righted at 7-3, third in points in my league. Who am I facing this week? A zombie team with zero roster moves or lineup changes since the draft. They're 8-2 despite scoring 210 points less than me this season and being outscored overall by 15. They've won games while scoring 71 points. Beat me in week two by 2 points, 127-125 (their second-best game of the season - they won another one 133-113). Zombie High constantly plays slightly better than the level of their opponent. They finally hit a bye week last week and lost 149-65. Now I'm facing them again, and not only is Zombie High gonna luck into a full complement of mostly healthy starters against me for this week, but they almost all have plus matchups (Kamara, Stafford, Kelce, Nuk, Diggs, Collins, Baldwin, Jake Elliott, Minny D). I, of course, have a ton of fade matchups and Chubb on bye. You can't make this stuff up. Zero effort beats nose-to-the-grindstone once again.

So they drafted better...happens.

The Commissioner of our league put together a draft recap for each team. He made it perfectly clear that my team will be destroyed by injuries all year and I will ultimately miss the playoffs.

Fast forward to Week 11 and so far he is spot on. I lost Will Fuller for the year. I was without Dalvin Cook for 6 weeks. I traded for both Chris Thompson and Cooper Kupp who went down with injuries. And most recently I have Marvin Jones Jr banged up and getting a 2nd opinion on his knee.

I'm clinging to the last playoff spot with two weeks left but I play the highest scoring team this week and lose the H2H tie breaker to two other teams with the same record.

All because he wanted Julian Edelman and I drafted him first...

On 11/16/2018 at 5:06 PM, Jay85 said:

What is your trade deadline??

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, 99-percent-sure said:

This one goes out to the jerk owner in my 10-team league who has Rivers and Rodgers, and picked up Wilson anyway. You really need to hoard a third QB? You're 4-6 and three games out. Sooo glad I beat you in our head-to-head, Conner poacher.

:lol: Although I feel your pain (I'm in a 20-teamer and at one point this year my only QB was Sam Bradford) I like his play. We limited QBs to two to stop that kind of hoarding, but you have to when there are 20 teams involved.

5 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

What is your trade deadline??

21st

On 11/16/2018 at 8:59 PM, nygiantsfan913 said:

That's why I asking Undefeated is important or playoff trophy? Ofcourse if you get both it is solid. 

2 hours ago, Jay85 said:

That's why I asking Undefeated is important or playoff trophy? Ofcourse if you get both it is solid. 

just ask the patriots what means more undefeated in the regular season or winning the superbowl. me personally i could care less about an undefeated regular season. id rather win the championship. 

• Like 1

Guy in my league loves to play hard ball.  I'm screwed at RB, and have been trying to get his spare backs; he has 5 starter quality RB.  He has Conner, CMC, McCoy, Howard, D. Lewis.  I try to get McCoy and offer Funchess (this is a couple weeks ago before the slump), and he declines, counters for Adams.  I decline.  We go back and forth and I don't want to get bent over.  I finally compromise and agree to get bent over and offer Josh Gordon for him, and he still declines, and holds out for Adams.  I wake up on Friday and captain "hardball" traded away Antonio Brown for Hilton and Rudolph.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sternes

3 minutes ago, mjagger42 said:

Streaming Mariota looks to be paying dividends.

Most overrated QB ever to play in the NFL.