colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

Fantasy Football is dumb...highest scoring team over the last 3 weeks and I managed to go 1-2 for those 3 weeks.  I've "allowed" the most points out of the top 8 teams in our league...which considering my team is the highest scoring should be hard to do.  

Lost because of Cooks's last catch that went for no gain but because it's a .5 PPR league I lose. 

6 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Fantasy Football is dumb...highest scoring team over the last 3 weeks and I managed to go 1-2 for those 3 weeks.  I've "allowed" the most points out of the top 8 teams in our league...which considering my team is the highest scoring should be hard to do.  

Trade off some bench for D upgrades

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

I had Tyreek Hill and Saquon Barkley and STILL lost by 4

I was hoping for that Hill punt return, would have been magic. 

Knocked out of the playoffs by the 2nd to last place team tonight. I have the most points scored as well as the most points against. I don't know why I keep playing this game.

Was up 30 points going into MNF with Gurley still left to go...Opponent had Cooks+Hill and I lost by 30 points 😥🔫

13 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

lost by 2 pts :(

that last Hill catch at the sidelines was it for me

Feel ya pain.  Lost by 1.75 with that hill catch... just knew would happen.. then the pick right after

15 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

One of my leagues switched to multi-game weeks for this exact reason. Instead of playing just one team each week you play two. So if you end up being the 2nd highest scoring team of the week but are unlucky and play the highest scoring team you'll end up going 1-1 instead of 0-1. Things end up evening out over the season so the best teams end up with the most wins. In that league the standings follow the highest scoring teams almost perfectly (highest scoring team is in 1st, 2nd highest is in 2nd, 3rd is in 3rd, etc.).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, munde53 said:

One of my leagues switched to multi-game weeks for this exact reason. Instead of playing just one team each week you play two. So if you end up being the 2nd highest scoring team of the week but are unlucky and play the highest scoring team you'll end up going 1-1 instead of 0-1. Things end up evening out over the season so the best teams end up with the most wins. In that league the standings follow the highest scoring teams almost perfectly (highest scoring team is in 1st, 2nd highest is in 2nd, 3rd is in 3rd, etc.).

Gonna propose this change to my league next year. This has happened to me multiple seasons in a row so I'm ready for a change.

Edited by drisser

2 minutes ago, drisser said:

Gonna propose this change to my league next year. This has happened to me multiple seasons in a row so I'm ready for a change.

I had my doubts at first but it has been huge. It takes some of the randomness out of fantasy football and usually rewards the best teams even when they go up against the other best teams.

Nothing worse than scoring 160 points and losing to a team who scored 161. Especially when another game in your league was 76-74.

Edited by munde53

Who else lost on that last Goff TD pass because that no name Chiefs cornerback dropped an INT that hit him in the hands? Oh and because Gurley decided he sucked

Edited by phegotgame14

I finally had enough of the Rams D and dropped them to avoid this KC matchup.  Then all they do is score two TDs, and rack up a bunch of sacks and interceptions.  

Where the heck were those in weeks 1-10???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I finally had enough of the Rams D and dropped them to avoid this KC matchup.  Then all they do is score two TDs, and rack up a bunch of sacks and interceptions.  

Where the heck were those in weeks 1-10???

They had some great weeks and get Talib back after the bye, only reason I held was because of potential Talib return and schedule finally lightens up some after bye. Definitely did not play them tonight of course, but Talib's value to that defense is big time.

Lost by 3 with Mariota leaving the game early due to injury. Icing on the cake was35 point lead only to have Goff bang the final nail in on that last TD

I was just eliminated from the playoffs, and this is the third game I’ve had an in-game injury. All three games were lost by less than 5 points 

1 hour ago, phegotgame14 said:

Who else lost on that last Goff TD pass because that no name Chiefs cornerback dropped an INT that hit him in the hands? Oh and because Gurley decided he sucked

Yessir. I knew once the INT was dropped, Rams would inevitably score

literally a perfect storm. Gurley eats all year then Rams decide to throw it 50 times. 

2 hours ago, jimithing11 said:

Lost by 3 with Mariota leaving the game early due to injury. Icing on the cake was35 point lead only to have Goff bang the final nail in on that last TD

I was just eliminated from the playoffs, and this is the third game I’ve had an in-game injury. All three games were lost by less than 5 points 

In game injuries are the worst.  At least you can sub out a hurt player for a fresh one if they are already hurt before the game starts.  

Had Ty H, Ingram, The QuanTrain, J Reed, Saints D in my lineup, scored my highest total of the season.

Played a guy who also scored the highest total of HIS season (Ben, Adams, Diggs, Golladay, Chi D)

Lost by 7.

Good times.

4 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Gurley owners should not be allowed to whine about anything 

Totally Agreed. 

Down by 60 and won by 10. Thanks to Hill and Goff.