colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

I just got eliminated from the playoffs (only 4 out of 10 teams make playoffs) this week even though my team is the highest scoring team of the season...

I lost by very slim margin a few times and my team has got hot too late...

my numb peanuts opponent said he forgot to switch out Rams defense and thought he was going to lose because of it

so i lost due to incompetent inattentiveness.

and this is in a $400 buy in league not a free one

i don't get it.

F fantasy football, total joke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That Mahomes INT made me lose by 0.2.  All he had to do was just be conservative.  Of course KC was losing and I knew they were going to be aggressive to try to win.  Sigh.  Likely out of the playoffs unless a lot of things fall my way.  Too many other things in real life going on for this fantasy football hobby to add additional stress...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CooL said:

That Mahomes INT made me lose by 0.2.  All he had to do was just be conservative.  Of course KC was losing and I knew they were going to be aggressive to try to win.  Sigh.  Likely out of the playoffs unless a lot of things fall my way.  Too many other things in real life going on for this fantasy football hobby to add additional stress...

Pray for a stat correction, friendo

I needed 40 points from Jared Goff to win my game last night and got 39 - currently losing 130-129.  Except... it clearly states in our league rules that we get 1 pt for every 300 yards passing and 1 pt for every 400 yards passing - I've only gotten one bonus point.  I also would very easily win tiebreaker (total offensive yardage is our tiebreaker).  Looked back over previous weeks & it's been an issue all year - complete glitch on ESPN.

Good thing the Commish is on a boat in the Pacific somewhere and doesn't have cell service & I play him this week (game starting on Thursday) and he's one game back against me in our division...........

Edited by IlliniGuy76

12 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

I needed 40 points from Jared Goff to win my game last night and got 39 - currently losing 130-129.  Except... it clearly states in our league rules that we get 1 pt for every 300 yards passing and 1 pt for every 400 yards passing - I've only gotten one bonus point.  I also would very easily win tiebreaker (total offensive yardage is our tiebreaker).  Looked back over previous weeks & it's been an issue all year - complete glitch on ESPN.

Good thing the Commish is on a boat in the Pacific somewhere and doesn't have cell service & I play him this week (game starting on Thursday) and he's one game back against me in our division...........

ESPN has worked that way forever. You don't ever get both. Your commish is just dumb having them award the same amount of points. In my league you get 1 for 300 and 2 for 400, and they don't add up. 

Edited by oliminator123
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

ESPN has worked that way forever. You don't ever get both. Your commish is just dumb having them award the same amount of points. In my league you get 1 for 300 and 2 for 400, and they don't add up. 

HA!!!  So it should be 2 points awarded for 400 yards (instead of an extra one)?

2 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

HA!!!  So it should be 2 points awarded for 400 yards (instead of an extra one)?

Depending on your league settings it could be 400 points :P Commish just has to set it, and he probably doesn't realize the points don't add up and never have. I think in Yahoo you get both. 

Edited by oliminator123

1 hour ago, CooL said:

tenor.gif

• Haha 5

Had the second highest score this week in one league, but lost to the team that had the highest score. A classic, right? But wait, I actually produced the second-highest weekly score in the league for the entire season. That didn't stop my opponent from producing the highest weekly total in the league so far this season, so all I got was a pat on the back and an trip to the loss column. Added bonus:  I was trailing by 119.5 points going into the night, and lost by 2.5. (I had Goff, Tyreek and G. Everett, he had Cooks.) So yeah, I believed I had lost already going into Monday night, checked the league scoreboard when the Monday Night pinball game was really going crazy, actually thought I had a chance to win at one point, only to ultimately be slapped with a loss that had the power of two losses. Soul-crushing would be the term to use here. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tyreek Hill pearl necklaced me and then threw up the peace sign on his way out the door :wacko:

• Haha 5

My main Dynasty team did really bad this week and dropped to 8-3. I'm pretty much locked for a playoff spot but now I am in an uphill battle to fight for the 2nd seed. Ertz and Wentz really really let me down this week.

That MNF record-breaking game screwed me in two leagues (with the help of Diggs the night before):

16-team PPR league: I had a 60.5 point lead with nobody left, and he had Hill and Reynolds.  BOOM!  63.5 combined points later, I'm toast. 

12-team PPR league: I had a 47 or so point lead going into MNF because of Diggs' monster from SNF.  I knew that wouldn't be enough because he had Goff and Woods still to go.  Didn't see it happening the way it did (with Goff going [g]off that way), but any way you look at it, ouch...

You know those really annoying “Roster Alerts” on the Yahoo FF app?

I just clicked on one and read, “Your team sucks.”

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

no it would be 2 total usually ..so you hit 300..you get the first point ..ok now you hit 400 ..here's another point ..500 ..hey take another dude ..etc 

lost by 4 fking points. Probably my worst loss of all time. Fill in te for gronk gets .5 points, fine whatever can’t do much about that. I played Howard over barber, fine that’s on me, whatever. Here’s where the fun begins. I have bears defense, my opponent has Vikings d and cousins. Going into halftime cousins had zero points. Some dude on the bears dropped the easiest int of his life. That’s a 4 point swing (+2 for my d, -2 for cousins). Bears are dominating the game, so of course Mitch trubinsky has to do something about that and throw 2 picks instead of playing h conservative and letting his d win the game for him. Not only does this help his D, but it puts my D on the field in awful field position. Then, for God knows why, Cohen gets a handoff and fumbles. Howard has one of the best carry rates in the league with no fumbles, but just like he always does,  Nagy gives the ball to the worse rb. Once again his defense gets points while mine is sent back out there. My D then chokes and goes from 22 points down to 15 in the last 7 minutes or so of the game. Cousins finishes with 16. 

This is is a good time to mention I was playing against diggs in another league, who had almost 30. I lost in that league by 5 points and my kicker was graham gano, who finished with -3. I am a huge panthers fan and that man cost me a panthers win and a fantasy win. The loss officially eliminated me from playoffs.

Back to this game. I have Sammy Watkins and Patrick mahomes left to play and he has tyreek hill. I’m down by 6 bc the bears offense hates me. I’m feeling good bc reports are saying Watkins will play. Andy Reid confirms he will. I’m feeling really good at this point, but still discuss picking up Conley with one of my friends. He’s like, nah an 80% healthy Watkins is better than Conley anyways. That’s what I was thinking to. In hindsight, I should’ve been thinking that I could play whoever in this game and they were guaranteed points where as Watkins might not play at all. Anyways, I play Watkins and again, I’m feeling good. He catches that first pass and I’m like ok he’s clearly not 100% but he’s fine. Sike. He warmed up for 2h before the game, got declared active, then “injures” himself on the first route ran? Did he even warm up? Surely if his foot was that bad they would’ve known. But coaches love to lie on injury reports for some reason. Watkins leaves and I’m sweating. The deep hill td happens and I’m like ok, I can still win this. I just can’t have mahomes turn the ball over, say 5 times. FIVE TIMES HE TURNED IT OVER. On that final drive I was only down 2 and I actually felt good that mahomes would lead a game winning drive. Just hoped the td didn’t go to hill. And then he throws the int.  I was/ still am heartbroken about it. Oh, and my kicker, mason crosby, missed a 40 yarder. Now I have to win out to secure a playoff spot bc my PF was awful for 3 weeks while LF was injured. My team is on fire though and has scored the 2nd most points over the past 5 weeks. Now I have no mahomes or Watkins (again) next week bc of the bye and the people I need to lose most play the gurley team without gurley and the hill team without hill. Unluckiest **** that has ever happened to me.

major props to anyone that reads this

Edited by Panthers8912
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

lost by 4 fking points. Probably my worst loss of all time. Fill in te for gronk gets .5 points, fine whatever can’t do much about that. I played Howard over barber, fine that’s on me, whatever. Here’s where the fun begins. I have bears defense, my opponent has Vikings d and cousins. Going into halftime cousins had zero points. Some dude on the bears dropped the easiest int of his life. That’s a 4 point swing (+2 for my d, -2 for cousins). Bears are dominating the game, so of course Mitch trubinsky has to do something about that and throw 2 picks instead of playing h conservative and letting his d win the game for him. Not only does this help his D, but it puts my D on the field in awful field position. Then, for God knows why, Cohen gets a handoff and fumbles. Howard has one of the best carry rates in the league with no fumbles, but just like he always does,  Nagy gives the ball to the worse rb. Once again his defense gets points while mine is sent back out there. My D then chokes and goes from 22 points down to 15 in the last 7 minutes or so of the game. Cousins finishes with 16. 

This is is a good time to mention I was playing against diggs in another league, who had almost 30. I lost in that league by 5 points and my kicker was graham gano, who finished with -3. I am a huge panthers fan and that man cost me a panthers win and a fantasy win. The loss officially eliminated me from playoffs.

Back to this game. I have Sammy Watkins and Patrick mahomes left to play and he has tyreek hill. I’m down by 6 bc the bears offense hates me. I’m feeling good bc reports are saying Watkins will play. Andy Reid confirms he will. I’m feeling really good at this point, but still discuss picking up Conley with one of my friends. He’s like, nah an 80% healthy Watkins is better than Conley anyways. That’s what I was thinking to. In hindsight, I should’ve been thinking that I could play whoever in this game and they were guaranteed points where as Watkins might not play at all. Anyways, I play Watkins and again, I’m feeling good. He catches that first pass and I’m like ok he’s clearly not 100% but he’s fine. Sike. He warmed up for 2h before the game, got declared active, then “injures” himself on the first route ran? Did he even warm up? Surely if his foot was that bad they would’ve known. But coaches love to lie on injury reports for some reason. Watkins leaves and I’m sweating. The deep hill td happens and I’m like ok, I can still win this. I just can’t have mahomes turn the ball over, say 5 times. FIVE TIMES HE TURNED IT OVER. On that final drive I was only down 2 and I actually felt good that mahomes would lead a game winning drive. Just hoped the td didn’t go to hill. And then he throws the int.  I was/ still am heartbroken about it. Oh, and my kicker, mason crosby, missed a 40 yarder. Now I have to win out to secure a playoff spot bc my PF was awful for 3 weeks while LF was injured. My team is on fire though and has scored the 2nd most points over the past 5 weeks. Now I have no mahomes or Watkins (again) next week bc of the bye and the people I need to lose most play the gurley team without gurley and the hill team without hill. Unluckiest **** that has ever happened to me.

major props to anyone that reads this

I read the whole thing and have to say, you just typed what goes through my mind nearly every week while I'm playing fantasy. Lmao. You would not believe the tiniest little nuances that happen just to screw us over in fantasy sports. And people who dont play fantasy or gamble on sports will just never understand.

I feel your pain, and my only advice is that as much as it sucks, and as unreal as your bad luck seems now, dont forget that nobody in your league will feel sorry for you. You gotta battle through it with no excuses. It helps to vent about it but what's done is done, you gotta move forward now. On to Cincinnati, as Bill would say. Good luck my friend.

• Like 1

Lets do this first official Rant all year

In a must win game with Hunt on bye I am looking at Cooper's 38 pts on my freakin bench.

UGHHHHHHH

5 pts vs Atlanta and somehow gets 38 tonight, just unreal.  Likely will lose this week because of that and won't control my own destiny final week of season.  11 weeks of solid decisions all down the drain, been in 4th place last 2 months.  

I am very sad boy right now :( 

14 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Lets do this first official Rant all year

In a must win game with Hunt on bye I am looking at Cooper's 38 pts on my freakin bench.

UGHHHHHHH

5 pts vs Atlanta and somehow gets 38 tonight, just unreal.  Likely will lose this week because of that and won't control my own destiny final week of season.  11 weeks of solid decisions all down the drain, been in 4th place last 2 months.  

I am very sad boy right now :( 

I sat him for the Tater Tot, so we will see on that one. Not feeling great about it either but you can hardly be blamed!

4 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

I sat him for the Tater Tot, so we will see on that one. Not feeling great about it either but you can hardly be blamed!

Yep also benched him for Tate bc I wanted 'upside' this week.

LOL

dinner done, dishes cleared, gf and daughter out at the neighbors  ... time to kick back and relax, amirite?

so i check my matchups 

yep, 1-9 team i'm facing in biggest $$$$ leeg started Coop and Tarik. 

... MT/Ridley pending.

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Haha 1

I work nights so my usual sleep time is around 4pm-10-11pm.

Knocked out around halftime of the Dallas/Washington game...forgot/left Tre'Quan Smith in my lineup...

Fighting for the playoffs and teams #5, 6, and 7 ahead of me all face bottom tier deadbeat teams starting injured and bye players.  Week 13 appears to be no different.  Luck of the schedule, I suppose....but it really sucks.