colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

Stuck in f***in Akron Ohio since every flight to ohare is either cancelled or perpetually delayed.

oh football rant? Highest point total in my league with a 7-5 record. Wtf 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Stuck in f***in Akron Ohio since every flight to ohare is either cancelled or perpetually delayed.

Welcome to Akron 

Yup, me too.  Time for the typical complaint we see.  I have the second highest points in my 14 team league but due to one or two missteps and incredibly poor luck with the schedule (I don't know how many times I've had the second highest week's score but happened to run up against the week's highest score), I'm 6-6 and going to miss the playoffs.  This despite having the highest ranked team in terms of roster composition for the rest of the year.   Makes the whole season seem kind of pointless and left with this empty feeling inside.

Ok first post here but had to vent.  

12 Team League - IDP, PPR

Need a win to get into playoffs

Last real possession for the Texans (before kneel downs), Watson gets sacked by Durrell Casey (his DL).  Results in an exact tie at 153.8

Goes to the bench for tiebreaker and I lose.  Out of the playoffs.  Better luck next year!

2 minutes ago, GAMEofInches said:

Last real possession for the Texans (before kneel downs), Watson gets sacked by Durrell Casey (his DL).  Results in an exact tie at 153.8

Goes to the bench for tiebreaker and I lose.  Out of the playoffs.  Better luck next year!

That sucks.  Your username is very fitting.

I've lost a week before on a QB kneeldown.

Sometimes I wonder why I keep coming back to play this silly game.

1 hour ago, CooL said:

That sucks.  Your username is very fitting.

I've lost a week before on a QB kneeldown.

Sometimes I wonder why I keep coming back to play this silly game.

Seems like a kneeldown should actually be +0.1.

My team:

ARod

Barkley

Conner

Julio

Sanders

Olsen/Reed

Mack

Bench

Drake

Ridley

Gordon

AP

Watkins

HOU def

aaaand will not get in the playoffs with the highest point total in my league. lost 5 games by 6 points or less

On 11/27/2018 at 2:04 PM, bhawks489 said:

I’m utterly crushing my league in points scored while at 7-5.  The next highest-scoring team is 100 back of me and every team ahead of me trails by approximately 300 points.

• Sad 1

On 11/27/2018 at 2:04 PM, bhawks489 said:

Akron?  ooooooff ... spent a month there one night ...

*bahdum TISS*

thanks folks, i'll be here all week!  please try the Weiner Schnitzel!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Akron?  ooooooff ... spent a month there one night ...

*bahdum TISS*

thanks folks, i'll be here all week!  please try the Weiner Schnitzel!

Should we tip our waitresses?

17 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I’m utterly crushing my league in points scored while at 7-5.  The next highest-scoring team is 100 back of me and every team ahead of me trails by approximately 300 points.

I still haven’t even clinched a playoff spot - geez, people just bring their A-games against me each and every week!

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Should we tip our waitresses?

ya mean like as in cow tipping? if so, then yes ... with extreme prejudice. 

On 11/27/2018 at 11:14 AM, GAMEofInches said:

In regular season sometimes ties happen. It’s part of the game despite best efforts to avoid it. Benches should have no part of determining wins or losses. You need to get that changed

17 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

In regular season sometimes ties happen. It’s part of the game despite best efforts to avoid it. Benches should have no part of determining wins or losses. You need to get that changed

Totally agree, bench points when half your team on a bye, been there. 

I started Ingram against the Saints D/ST in a must-win game or my season’s over.  In the original projection I was only down 8. Now it’s 26.

As soon as I get knocked out of playoff contention (despite being #3 in points) in two straight weeks my opponents have laid an egg.

I hope the Dallas defense especially Van Vader and Smith get a random PED test

• Like 1

Saints come back to earth and with it most teams that were cruising with huge weeks filled with NOS players.  Saints DEF put a damper on my matchup with Dak dropping the balll all over.

No one in their right mind wouldve started the Dallas DST against the Saints.

Of course the moron Im facing this week did and gets 12 points.

Edited by Gryfter
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Why do people still play H2H when it clearly does not advance the BEST and most consistent teams into the playoffs? Every year I see people complaining about having the highest scoring teams and missing the playoffs due to “bad luck”. If you’re spending money in these leagues why would you put yourself in a position to allow luck to trump skill? Switch your league to total points scored and never look back. Then you play against everyone....every week. Top 4 or 6 scoring teams after week 13 make it. The rest, have no one or nothing to blame (unless injury is the cause) but themselves 

9 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Why do people still play H2H when it clearly does not advance the BEST and most consistent teams into the playoffs? Every year I see people complaining about having the highest scoring teams and missing the playoffs due to “bad luck”. If you’re spending money in these leagues why would you put yourself in a position to allow luck to trump skill? Switch your league to total points scored and never look back. Then you play against everyone....every week. Top 4 or 6 scoring teams after week 13 make it. The rest, have no one or nothing to blame (unless injury is the cause) but themselves 

I run a combined league (a little manual effort), but gives a true standing...H2H and then top 6 scorers a week get a win/bottom 6 get a loss...so, every week one could go 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2...it's worked out great the past 3-4 years now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Why do people still play H2H when it clearly does not advance the BEST and most consistent teams into the playoffs? 

o'rly? 

Team A scores 180 pts one week, 70 the next ... 250 total. 

Team B scores 124 one week, and 125 the next ... 249 toatal. 

hmmm ... who is more consistent/better?  see, not as cut and dried as you make it out to be, especially when extrapolating my example out over a whole magick foosball season. 

total points scored to settle all tiebreakers? YES ...but that's about it. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Adds a new element to the game.

do you then do head to head in playoffs?