colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

Just now, Zak0221 said:

Say no more - divisions are a frustrating wrinkle that really screws things up. 

Agreed. I was overjoyed yesterday only to be deflated today.

In my money league [12-team], I will finish this week probably within single digits of the points lead. Heck, if Josh Adams can't play tonight, I'll be the overall points leader by 0.2 points. And this is a league where top 6 make the playoffs, not top 4. 

And yet I'm going to finish 6-7 and just outside the playoffs. 

• Sad 1

Greg Z was my highest scorer this week.  One starter in double digits (Mixon 11).  Out of the Playoffs (had a chance for last spot) 

Goff

David J

Mixon

Evans

Sanders

Ekeler

Opponent was 1-10, had Kareem Hunt in starting lineup, and hadn’t logged in since Oct 28th.  I scored 70 in Full PPR.  

Bench; Cohen, Dalvin, J White, Boyd (all great days) 

RIP 2018 FFF (**** fantasy football) Squad

Edited by Cleanface
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

lost Hunt to the stupidity and then Green to the injury. First overall team so you can imagine how confident I feel going into the playoffs. <_<

Just now, k1ng said:

lost Hunt to the stupidity and then Green to the injury. First overall team so you can imagine how confident I feel going into the playoffs. <_<

Do you get a bye? You don't have decent bench options? Hopefully you at least got Ware. Maybe get a DJ Moore if he's still out there.

I had a much better record last year from auto draft than drafting my own players this year SMH. I'm going to avoid the waiver wire hype like the plague next year.

F my last minute tinkering, I've cost myself at least 2 games with last minute swaps that blow up in my face.

10 hours ago, bwarbiany said:

In my money league [12-team], I will finish this week probably within single digits of the points lead. Heck, if Josh Adams can't play tonight, I'll be the overall points leader by 0.2 points. And this is a league where top 6 make the playoffs, not top 4. 

And yet I'm going to finish 6-7 and just outside the playoffs. 

Very similar boat. 7-6. 2nd in points. 

It wasn’t even like guys were going ham on me either. 2nd in PF, 6th in PA. 

All Play record of 97-46. No super high extremes to bump my PF either. 

Every projection ive created puts me in the playoffs in a 12 team league. I should have had about 8.75 wins (or 9 wins rounded). 

In the last 2 weeks, the perfect combination of certain teams winning and certain teams losing kept me from the playoffs. 

2 teams made the playoffs with negative net scoring and a losing All-play record. They each went 9-4. Unbelievable. Spanked both of them too. They went a combined 1-3 against me and 17-5 against everyone else. 

I never really had a bad beat either. My worst beats were watching how the other games went in my league unfolded. 

• Like 1

I strategically threw week 13 to go 10-3 to pickup a weaker opponent round 1 in the show. 

If I would of gone 11-2 dropping 240.2 for the week, just 17 off the all time league scoring record. (League Year 9) 

11-2 would of ranked as the third best season all time, but it's all about the path to the title belt. 

A little pissed I missed a little history. ;)

• Like 1

Just needed one more point from Ertz to make the playoffs. I want to slap Mark Sanchez for essentially giving the game away but then ESPN would do nothing but talk about a bitch getting smacked for weeks on end.

30 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I strategically threw week 13 to go 10-3 to pickup a weaker opponent round 1 in the show. 

If I would of gone 11-2 dropping 240.2 for the week, just 17 off the all time league scoring record. (League Year 9) 

11-2 would of ranked as the third best season all time, but it's all about the path to the title belt. 

Funny thing, that karma...

So often, supposed weak teams get hot and absolutely destroy top ranked teams in fantasy playoffs. 

Good luck with that.

Nice stealth brag, BTW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Guy I was playing this week was guaranteed to get the team with Hunt and Gordon in 1st round if he lost to me (and I would get bye), and he would avoid the dominant team in the leagues side of the playoff draw. I noticed it but didn't tell him since I think that is not my place, he text me on Saturday and said he was thinking of sitting Mahomes for that exact reason. Never did. Now we are facing each other in the playoffs this week and on that side of the draw of the dominant team. 

But overall I agree, I think it's wrong to do stuff like that to try and dictate playoff seeding.

Edited by RepoMan

3 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

you're doing this thread wrong. 

For throwing a game and for bragging about how awesome your team is in the vent thread i'm hoping karma comes back fast and it all blows up in your face. Good luck with that.   :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Why does Gurley have to be so dang good and take away my precious Goff TD passes with all his dynamic running and the touchdowns?

I lost by 0,04 points this week and so my undefeated season is ruined and I'm 12-1 heading into the playoffs instead of 13-0.

Hoping for some stat corrections for our IDPlayers.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thebadferret said:

I lost by 0,04 points this week and so my undefeated season is ruined and I'm 12-1 heading into the playoffs instead of 13-0.

Oh no.

• Sad 1

One guy complaining about not setting the all times win record in his league, another about his first loss of the year..... am I in the right place?

Edited by Nyblazer11235
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Highest scoring team in the league by 150 points.  Yes, I have 150 more points on the season than the next highest team.

6-7, missed the playoffs.

How in the hell does that happen?

• Sad 1

Ertz getting tackled at the 2 yard line last night! Really changed who my opponent is in the first playoff matchup. 

He gets 2 more points last night, I play the guy with Conner who is his rb1 and is now declared OUT. 

Now i won’t be able to get samuels and I was cruising along in first place but week 12 hit hard. 

Lost melvin Gordon and jack doyle. 

I need to win this week without gordon possibly. Here’s to hoping he plays (I know, about a 5% chance)

10 hours ago, yossarian said:

you're doing this thread wrong. 

For throwing a game and for bragging about how awesome your team is in the vent thread i'm hoping karma comes back fast and it all blows up in your face. Good luck with that.   :D

Hope in one hand, s--- in the other, see which hand fills up faster, Gridiron Assassin's knives are sharp for the Playoffs! :lol:

On 12/3/2018 at 11:57 PM, The Gridiron Assassin said:

the taco league..

Facing a guy rolling out Kamara, CMC, & Lindsay at RB this week and Mahomes at QB and Im scratching my head trying to figure out which two of Jackson, Samuels, Wilson, Zay, or Pettis to roll out thanks to injuries to Conner & Green. And somehow I still have some confidence. Every year some waiver wire trash seems to beat stud playoff teams. Why not me?

Phone: HEY HERE'S A STATUS UPDATE! YOUR PLAYER IS HEALTHY!! 

Me: I missed the playoffs in every league. Stop rubbing it in. Piss off.

Phone: HEY HERE'S A STATUS UPDATE! YOUR PLAYER IS HEALTHY!!

• Haha 1