colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, SheikYerbuti said:

Phone: HEY HERE'S A STATUS UPDATE! YOUR PLAYER IS HEALTHY!! 

 

Me: I missed the playoffs in every league. Stop rubbing it in. Piss off.

 

Phone: HEY HERE'S A STATUS UPDATE! YOUR PLAYER IS HEALTHY!!

 

 

 

On the other end of the spectrum, I just spent 15 minutes making lineup decisions for my bye week.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m starting to not like fantasy football anymore. Too much luck and unpredictableness is involved and everyone (even the one’s who dont know squat about football) are experts all of a sudden because of all the multiple fantasy football advice outlets that are available to everyone. I think we should get rid of H2H and go with a total points based leagues with WW restrictions, I have one guy in my league who picks up/drops players almost everyday and it’s annoying. I make the playoffs every year but come playoff time it’s predicted solely on pure luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FANattic86 said:

I’m starting to not like fantasy football anymore. Too much luck and unpredictableness is involved and everyone (even the one’s who dont know squat about football) are experts all of a sudden because of all the multiple fantasy football advice outlets that are available to everyone. I think we should get rid of H2H and go with a total points based leagues with WW restrictions, I have one guy in my league who picks up/drops players almost everyday and it’s annoying. I make the playoffs every year but come playoff time it’s predicted solely on pure luck. 

 

It's been this way for a while.  Injuries are usually a huge deciding factor in small team leagues.  if you lose a top 2 pick to a random ACL tear early in the season, its very hard to recover. 

 

I just broke a 5 year playoff drought in my big money league because unsurprisingly this season was one where my top 2 picks didnt get injured til Week 13 while I had 3 previous years losing my 1st rounder within first 4 weeks of the season. 

Edited by Zak0221

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FANattic86 said:

I’m starting to not like fantasy football anymore. Too much luck and unpredictableness is involved and everyone (even the one’s who dont know squat about football) are experts all of a sudden because of all the multiple fantasy football advice outlets that are available to everyone. I think we should get rid of H2H and go with a total points based leagues with WW restrictions, I have one guy in my league who picks up/drops players almost everyday and it’s annoying. I make the playoffs every year but come playoff time it’s predicted solely on pure luck. 

 

There's something to the easy accessibility of 'pretty good' analysis just a click away on everyone's phone. Any edge really attentive owners have had via research in the past has been whittled down significantly, that's for sure. Tell me twenty years ago that some dude asleep at the wheel for the last four weeks would suddenly wake up and know immediately to add Jalen Samuels. Wasn't likely to happen back then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 11:08 AM, JJ1223 said:

Highest scoring team in the league by 150 points.  Yes, I have 150 more points on the season than the next highest team.

 

6-7, missed the playoffs.

 

How in the hell does that happen?

If I had to guess, I'd guess that you left the win on the bench 1-2 times, thus losing some close nail biters, and faced a boat load of points against, getting most teams "best shot" every week. If I had to guess. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Losing Conner and Manny Sanders in one league for round one of the playoffs, lovely.  Playing against the hottest team in the league and I'm starting Zay Jones and and the RB from the niner.  This week sucks!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 9:29 AM, shakestreet said:

It is looking like I will squeak into the 6th seed with a 6-7 record, tied with 3 other teams, based on PF. YES 

 

 

NOPE.  our league has H2H matchup as the tiebreaker so wait till next year.

The commissioner sent me a text Tuesday morning, he will be changing that setting next year to total points (PF). He wrote I got screwed. lol

 

It was a lousy year, I lost 3 weeks because I played the wrong guys. Won a few awards from NFL.com for having the most bench points for the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am suffering so many injuries that my defense was DNP yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warning. Could be a stealth brag. 

 

I got a bye week. Yet it’s so incredibly frustrating trying to forecast which of Nelson, Samuel, or Jackson will get most of the playing time in week 15. 

 

Like does Conner have a contusion or high ankle sprain? Gordon’s injury looked really bad. Is he gonna be out for a bit? 

 

And Matt Breida has been impossible to predict. 

 

I think one of those 3 will be this years Hightower. It’s anybody’s guess tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 4:58 PM, FitzMagic said:

Do you get a bye? You don't have decent bench options? Hopefully you at least got Ware. Maybe get a DJ Moore if he's still out there.

No bye....this is a 16team keeper league. Best player available on waiver is Ian Thomas. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Limped into the playoffs and lost AJ, Manny Sanders, and Greg Olsen to IR in the last few days.

 

See y'all next year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im over this league: Its a free league so dont get me wrong, im not devastated but I invested time and research for pride that I won my league. I sold high on guys like ridley who someone really wanted and made a good trade for cooks. I made smart waiver pick ups to develop the team I have in my sig.

 

Come to find out, the league manager this year out of the last 5 didnt turn the trade deadline on. Now, the first place guy who is like 5th in points just traded for zeke and gave up DT and L Murray...because connor got an injury. NOBODY in my league has dealt with any injuries all year long except for recently.... i waited out fournette, I stuck with AJG, I now am dealing with MG3 and his knee.....

 

Im first in points, and a lock to make playoffs but before this catastrophe, the guy who made that atrocrocious trade couldve dropped from first to second if he lost and if the guy im playing beats me, he wouldve jumped to first. I lost my head to head against him so id finish 3rd at that point.

 

Our league has a 9-4 record, 2 8-5, 3 guys at 7-6 (all realistically have a chance) remainder of teams are out..., 2 at 6-7 and a 4-9 and a 3-10. 

 

Last 2 years ive finished in 2nd. If i face this guy in the finals and lose because zeke puts up a 30 spot, im out. im out even if i win this waste of time league. 

Edited by Zekepeak86
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Im over this league: Its a free league so dont get me wrong, im not devastated but I invested time and research for pride that I won my league. I sold high on guys like ridley who someone really wanted and made a good trade for cooks. I made smart waiver pick ups to develop the team I have in my sig.

 

Come to find out, the league manager this year out of the last 5 didnt turn the trade deadline on. Now, the first place guy who is like 5th in points just traded for zeke and gave up DT and L Murray...because connor got an injury. NOBODY in my league has dealt with any injuries all year long except for recently.... i waited out fournette, I stuck with AJG, I now am dealing with MG3 and his knee.....

 

Im first in points, and a lock to make playoffs but before this catastrophe, the guy who made that atrocrocious trade couldve dropped from first to second if he lost and if the guy im playing beats me, he wouldve jumped to first. I lost my head to head against him so id finish 3rd at that point.

 

Our league has a 9-4 record, 2 8-5, 3 guys at 7-6 (all realistically have a chance) remainder of teams are out..., 2 at 6-7 and a 4-9 and a 3-10. 

 

Last 2 years ive finished in 2nd. If i face this guy in the finals and lose because zeke puts up a 30 spot, im out. im out even if i win this waste of time league. 

So how was that not vetoed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

So how was that not vetoed?

He has accepted all trades all year, regardless.......i asked him to just veto anything cause he couldnt change the deadline or lock trades...supposedly but he only has the option. Im pissed just for the effort i put in for the last 4 years in this league. 

 

Nobody made truly garbage trades up until this point. 

 

Edited by Zekepeak86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreatScott! said:

Henry on my bench. Ugh. 

 

tenor.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing a team in the first round that was so shallow at RB that he took a shot on Henry in his FLEX. So that’s real cool. No problem, out of the playoffs week 1 as the 2 seed. Par for the course. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, humanpuck said:

Losing Conner and Manny Sanders in one league for round one of the playoffs, lovely.  Playing against the hottest team in the league and I'm starting Zay Jones and and the RB from the niner.  This week sucks!

 

 

Lost sanders and Breida. Starting Zay..... lets be honest.... i was seriously considering benching Sanders for Jones anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Patrick977 said:

Playing a team in the first round that was so shallow at RB that he took a shot on Henry in his FLEX. So that’s real cool. No problem, out of the playoffs week 1 as the 2 seed. Par for the course. 

Same here, playing a wack team who started Henry, now our teams are pretty much projected even. **** Derrick Henry 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Patrick977 said:

Playing a team in the first round that was so shallow at RB that he took a shot on Henry in his FLEX. So that’s real cool. No problem, out of the playoffs week 1 as the 2 seed. Par for the course. 

 

Yeah, that guy should buy a damned Lotto ticket before the clock strikes midnight ... today is his day. Henry has, what, 35 fantasy points already?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

 

Yeah, that guy should buy a damned Lotto ticket before the clock strikes midnight ... today is his day. Henry has, what, 35 fantasy points already?

 

Well, with bonuses he has put up sixty on me. Boy it sure does suck losing to inferior teams because Derrick freaking Henry decides that he wanted to cram an entire year into one game. In my league he entered the night with 74 points. SIXTY TONIGHT. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is brutal, although this is a vicarious rant. Our main League Commissioner started 7-0 and was the #1 seed until the last game of the season. He was at 11-1 but lost in week 13 to the guy in second place at 10-2. By 0.04pts.

 

That gave him the #5 seed (we have divisions) but it looked like a pretty good situation as the #4 seed has been up and down all season while the #8 seed looks very dangerous. Not only that, but the #4 seed had Kareem Hunt as his RB, and no depth to speak of. Everything looked rosy for the LC. His opponent had to dig out a RB from his bench to replace Kareem Hunt.

 

Derrick Henry.

 

It gets better. The LC has been wheeling and dealing all year to put together a team of studs. He secured one player to play FLEX who had the potential to explode in the playoffs.

 

Leonard Fournette.

 

This game is brutal.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

This game is brutal, although this is a vicarious rant. Our main League Commissioner started 7-0 and was the #1 seed until the last game of the season. He was at 11-1 but lost in week 13 to the guy in second place at 10-2. By 0.04pts.

 

That gave him the #5 seed (we have divisions) but it looked like a pretty good situation as the #4 seed has been up and down all season while the #8 seed looks very dangerous. Not only that, but the #4 seed had Kareem Hunt as his RB, and no depth to speak of. Everything looked rosy for the LC. His opponent had to dig out a RB from his bench to replace Kareem Hunt.

 

Derrick Henry.

 

It gets better. The LC has been wheeling and dealing all year to put together a team of studs. He secured one player to play FLEX who had the potential to explode in the playoffs.

 

Leonard Fournette.

 

This game is brutal.

 

brutal-savage-rekt-gif-6.gif

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

This game is brutal, although this is a vicarious rant. Our main League Commissioner started 7-0 and was the #1 seed until the last game of the season. He was at 11-1 but lost in week 13 to the guy in second place at 10-2. By 0.04pts.

 

That gave him the #5 seed (we have divisions) but it looked like a pretty good situation as the #4 seed has been up and down all season while the #8 seed looks very dangerous. Not only that, but the #4 seed had Kareem Hunt as his RB, and no depth to speak of. Everything looked rosy for the LC. His opponent had to dig out a RB from his bench to replace Kareem Hunt.

 

Derrick Henry.

 

It gets better. The LC has been wheeling and dealing all year to put together a team of studs. He secured one player to play FLEX who had the potential to explode in the playoffs.

 

Leonard Fournette.

 

This game is brutal.

 

lol is your league commissioner Ric Flair?

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.