colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

Damn hurts to see b2b tds on redzone from pettis and juju my opponents has them.. 

Edited by Rozr1

Why did I draft David Johnson?  Shoulda got Barkley, Kamara, Elliot, literally anyone in the first 3 rounds who stayed healthy.

Does anyone actually enjoy fantasy football?  It's the most crap shoot thing you could possibly invest in.  At least hockey, basketball, and baseball all have consistency in their players.

Dammit, bye week and just had to make it through clean. Ben probably breaks his damn ribs. 

Hey guys, I want some opinions here. I am in a money league with some of my best friends of over 10 years.
I needed a win this week and a loss for my brother to get into the playoffs. It looks like I did my part. I check my brother's opponent's lineup before the midday games and find that he benched Gurley for Rashad Penny and Juju Smith-Schuster for Saeed Blacknail (who he just picked up from free agents).
I reach out to the commissioner, who is the person I'd be playing in the playoffs next week if not for these surprise benchings, and he says there is nothing that can be done and that it's completely okay for that person to bench Gurley and Juju since he paid his league fees like everyone else.
I know that my brother did not reach out to tell the person to do this (my brother offered to bench two of his stars to balance it out which I said was ridiculous).

I obviously will not be in this league in the future, but can I get some opinions on a situation like this? Should the commissioner have stepped in?

21 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Does anyone actually enjoy fantasy football?  It's the most crap shoot thing you could possibly invest in.  At least hockey, basketball, and baseball all have consistency in their players.

I enjoy doing the research and info gathering before the season. Once the season starts it's just a bunch of frustration and anger. I'm pissed when I lose and only relieved when I win. I can maneuver my teams to the playoffs usually and then the crapshoot begins....Derick Henry? 

23 minutes ago, MMLSU said:

Hey guys, I want some opinions here. I am in a money league with some of my best friends of over 10 years.
I needed a win this week and a loss for my brother to get into the playoffs. It looks like I did my part. I check my brother's opponent's lineup before the midday games and find that he benched Gurley for Rashad Penny and Juju Smith-Schuster for Saeed Blacknail (who he just picked up from free agents).
I reach out to the commissioner, who is the person I'd be playing in the playoffs next week if not for these surprise benchings, and he says there is nothing that can be done and that it's completely okay for that person to bench Gurley and Juju since he paid his league fees like everyone else.
I know that my brother did not reach out to tell the person to do this (my brother offered to bench two of his stars to balance it out which I said was ridiculous).

I obviously will not be in this league in the future, but can I get some opinions on a situation like this? Should the commissioner have stepped in?

As long as the guy sets a line up and there is no admitted/proven collusion all's fair

I hope the following sacks of ***** get anal warts:

Phillip "I have more kids than Mormons do" Rivers

Justin "Coaches don't like me" Jackson

Jaylen "I'm so bad at RB that even the Pittsburgh Steelers can't make me look good" Samuels. 

Edited by noles1983
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

As long as the guy sets a line up and there is no admitted/proven collusion all's fair

He basically told me that he is losing on purpose through text message because "I have already lost so I am going to be a sore loser."

Saeed Blacknail? Really? Your honest opinion is that this is "fair"? In place of the #1 RB and a top #15 WR?

3 minutes ago, MMLSU said:

He basically told me that he is losing on purpose through text message because "I have already lost so I am going to be a sore loser."

Saeed Blacknail? Really? Your honest opinion is that this is "fair"? In place of the #1 RB and a top #15 WR?

I agree it sucks,  Not really fair for you.  But his choice. Don't play in that league next year if you don't like it, or have a better team next year so you don't have to worry about this.

if he was tanking purposely to keep you out because he fears you, then thats one thing.  But tanking for no reason is grounds for someone being thrown out of a league, imo.  cant mess with the integrity of the league like that...i dont care that he paid.

Flexed Blount on the hope he would fall into the end zone one or twice...F***ing ZACH ZENNER gets the carry from the 1 for a TD

Played against juju, Edelman and Julio. 84 total points between them. Think I just retired from fantasy. Lowest seeded scrub that made the playoffs. This will be his season high total. 

3 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

I could care less if Connor and OBJ are out rest of year....season over

couldn't*

• Thanks 2

Broncos and steelers. Need the bears (mitch and Cohen) to show up

37 minutes ago, MMLSU said:

show the text to the commish. the commish can lock his team and play the yahoo (or espn or whatever) recommended starting line up for him. also f--- that guy. he's blatantly and obviously throwing the game. there's no defensible reason for him to be starting that wr or benching gurley. 

Lost Conner and Melvin for the playoffs. I had to start McCoy and just needed a respectable game from him... And of course he gets injured on his second carry for the game and gave me .10 points. SMH lol. At least I made the playoffs before my team went crashing down in flames. 

A guy in my league is going to miss the playoffs because hes playing against Cooper/Maher with Zeke on his team while.starting Crowell over Henry lol I'd be pissed

1 hour ago, AlexxelA said:

Why did I draft David Johnson?  Shoulda got Barkley, Kamara, Elliot, literally anyone in the first 3 rounds who stayed healthy.

(CSB) I was so happy when the guy in front of me in PPR at #4 drafted DJ so I could get Barkley at 5

This year was the most frustrating year ever. I honestly didn't even enjoy it at all. More stress than anything.

3 leagues

Highest scoring team in all of them

Lost to a winless team about 6 times this year

Started Brown,Sutton,Kamara,Cam, Godwin

Lost to Dede Westbrook and Brate