colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

5 minutes ago, rotutu said:

Just figured I'd rant about how in the first 13 weeks I had no injuries and managed to get 2 first place finishes and most points by 400 in both leagues only to lose: Connor, OBJ, Manny Sanders, Olsen, now have a Hobbled Hill and Ware on Thursday night, and Big Ben with broken Ribs all in the past week. Man fantasy football sucks. 

I know how you feel.

I outscored my league by about 400+ points and secured the bye. Have MGIII, Conner and Hill. Really need them back/healthy this coming week or I'm toast. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Wow 

He only needed Kittle, Cooper & Jones to win. 

The worst part about all of this is even after the Kittle explosion, I was only down 20 with Diggs left and thought I had a chance...at that point Amari and Dak only had a combined 7 points and it was the 4th quarter. So somehow they combined for 73 POINTS IN A FEW MINUTES. I don't think I've ever seen two players combine for that much so late into a game.

Edited by GoPackGo23
  • Like 1

Lost 2 of my keepers, Hunt and OBJ and went against, TY Hilton, Barkley, Hill and Kittle. 745 yards from 4 guys. They got 90 pts combined. I had my lowest point total of the year and they beat my whole team themselves.

That flushing sound was my fantasy football season down the toilet.

I got too cute and the FF gods smited me by playing Samuels at TE, with Kittle sitting on my bench waving bye bye.  Had Dak Prescott on my roster for the prior 3 weeks and cut him to make other roster moves on Tuesday even though I knew I was playing with fire starting Watson - who singlehandedly cost me 3-4 games this year.   The f- was I thinking!!!!!!!!   

Denver D sh- the bed.

Kamara never got out of his bed.

I cut Amari Cooper back in week 4.

Brutal, just brutal.

Edited by RockSexton

AsXQl1L.png

My team highlighted will surely miss the playoffs barring a miracle. The team started relatively slow with a couple of ugly showings in the first few weeks, but has been beaten 4 times by the highest scoring team in the week (Could be 5 times by the end of tonight).

Week 1: 7-2 (L)

Week 8: 8-1 (L)

Week 9: 7-2 (L)

Week 11: 8-1 (L)

I have 2 other losses and will probably end up being 8-6 but will miss out based on winning percentage to "Team 10"!!!!

P.S. If Chris Carson scores over 20.32 points tonight then Week 14 will read as 8-1 (L) too.

Only way I make it to the playoffs is by Carson not scoring over 20.32pts (That's the easy one) + Diggs & Vikings D/ST scoring less than 5.6pts.

Most frustrating fantasy team/season I've ever managed.

3 minutes ago, MovingTheChains said:

AsXQl1L.png

My team highlighted will surely miss the playoffs barring a miracle. The team started relatively slow with a couple of ugly showings in the first few weeks, but has been beaten 4 times by the highest scoring team in the week (Could be 5 times by the end of tonight).

Week 1: 7-2 (L)

Week 8: 8-1 (L)

Week 9: 7-2 (L)

Week 11: 8-1 (L)

I have 2 other losses and will probably end up being 8-6 but will miss out based on winning percentage to "Team 10"!!!!

P.S. If Chris Carson scores over 20.32 points tonight then Week 14 will read as 8-1 (L) too.

Only way I make it to the playoffs is by Carson not scoring over 20.32pts (That's the easy one) + Diggs & Vikings D/ST scoring less than 5.6pts.

Most frustrating fantasy team/season I've ever managed.

I am so confused - what am I looking at here.  How is Team 10 better than you?

Just now, Zak0221 said:

I am so confused - what am I looking at here.  How is Team 10 better than you?

He'll also end up with an 8-6 record but holds the head-to-head

This image shows the weekly breakdown. So in week 8 my team would have won against all teams except for 1 (The opponent I actually played), in week 9 it would have won against all but 2 teams (1 of them was the opponent that I actually played), and so on.

P.S. Forgot to mention that I'm the highest scoring team in the league too.

1 minute ago, MovingTheChains said:

He'll also end up with an 8-6 record but holds the head-to-head

This image shows the weekly breakdown. So in week 8 my team would have won against all teams except for 1 (The opponent I actually played), in week 9 it would have won against all but 2 teams (1 of them was the opponent that I actually played), and so on.

P.S. Forgot to mention that I'm the highest scoring team in the league too.

Oh so those are just what would have happened if you played everyone in the league.  I thought your league was some different type of scoring where you play against everyone weekly. 

Luckily I secured a bye this past weekend, because the injury bug struck. Down Conner, OBJ, the outlook for Hill looks bleak which also hurts my Mahomes, and Ben's ribs hurts my Brown. Need CMC and Hilton more than ever this week. 

just lost on that last thielen catch ..worst part about it ..I saw the Carson TD and decided to finally tune in to watch ..thinking I somehow won (needed thielen under 6 in standard) ...truly painful year ..every win was a blow out ..every loss was on MNF between 2-4 points.  The pot this year is around 9.5k too. 

see yall in april 

Edited by JSA2422

Lost because of the Dak to Cooper tipped ball TD in OT (opponent had both of them).  What a way to end a season after coming in first place regular season and having highest points.  Meanwhile, outscored the 6 other teams in the playoffs, each by 50 points.

5 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Luckily I secured a bye this past weekend, because the injury bug struck. Down Conner, OBJ, the outlook for Hill looks bleak which also hurts my Mahomes, and Ben's ribs hurts my Brown. Need CMC and Hilton more than ever this week. 

A bit of a silver lining: Hill’s outlook does not look bleak in the slightest.

Out as the defending champ in one league due to the Lockett 2 point conversion at the end. Almost overcame Beckham not playing, made it to 9-4 despite Fournette but in the end it means nothing.

Edited by Ace_King

Lost on that last Cook TD... Sucks watching entire game and surviving and get nailed by a garbage time TD....Not the first time its happened wont be the last...If it wasn't for luck we would all be every year champs...Long off season...Im sure my team will go off next week not that im out...

21 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

just lost on that last thielen catch ..worst part about it ..I saw the Carson TD and decided to finally tune in to watch ..thinking I somehow won (needed thielen under 6 in standard) ...truly painful year ..every win was a blow out ..every loss was on MNF between 2-4 points.  The pot this year is around 9.5k too. 

see yall in april 

I hear ya man..It always seem to be some last second crazy thing near the end on Monday Night...

Limped and underperformed my way to 2 byes towards the end of the season, and now face the top league scorer in round 2 in both leagues. Would've avoided one had Alshon Jeffrey outscored Josh Doctson two weeks ago(would've changed playoff seeding and lead scorer would've been out of my bracket) and the other came down to tonight where the underdog needed Russell Wilson, Diggs, and Vikings D to over come like a 45 point or so lead in a 1 pt ppr and it didn't happen (and she had TY and Kittle and still lost). I should be happy to be just be in the next round I guess, but it still sucks just looking at the team you're playing and pretty much knowing you really don't have a shot in hell at winning.

Edited by CPuente57

Well season is done.. don't know how I had a chance late in that game with him having cook and needing 6.5 pts coming into tonight's game. If Seattle hadn't run  that pick six game might have been over and I would have won by .28. Also killing I went with Jackson over ware left the win on the bench 

Edited by Rozr1

Just now, Rozr1 said:

Well season is done.. don't know how I had a chance late in that game with him having cook and needed 6.5 coming into tonight's game. If Seattle hadn't run  that pick six game might have been over and I would have won by .28

Yea no idea why that guy did that just knee down the game was over ( I think was under 2 min ) 

• Thanks 1

Rant--Nagy finally used Howard to smash and sit on a second half lead.  But he takes Howard, a tremendous goalline back, out of the game at the opponent's 1 yard line and runs plays for subbed in defensive ends!  How can I trust Nagy to use Howard properly going forward?

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Rant--Nagy finally used Howard to smash and sit on a second half lead.  But he takes Howard, a tremendous goalline back, out of the game at the opponent's 1 yard line and runs plays for subbed in defensive ends!  How can I trust Nagy to use Howard properly going forward?

...you can’t?

Overthought things. 

Started mitch over Winston last minute 

Started jags defense over bears defense 

Left 32 points on the bench

Lost by 34 points so I would have lost anyways thanks to AB busting 

Edited by Guwop
  • Thanks 1

Man not sure if I would have gone with Jackson over ware if I hadn't found this forum lol, though I did have some confidence in him this week

oh well...

Sucks leaving ur w on bench 

I survived S.Barkley, Mahomes Juju and Gronk this week.  

My opponent was the #1 seed and i'm the #8 seed.  

whew....thank you AMARI COOPER...picked up on WW after the trade.

This was the worse draft I ever had.   My #1 pick(David Johnson) was worst of the first rd.   3rd pick (J.Howard) was worst of the 3rd rd.  AJ Green will have missed several weeks this season.   Hogan sucked (not sure what I was thinking there)

Engram was a bust.   Kupp and Garcon on IR.   Just a horrible draft.

Edited by DLG10

1 hour ago, Josh GODon said:

Lost because of the Dak to Cooper tipped ball TD in OT (opponent had both of them).  What a way to end a season after coming in first place regular season and having highest points.  Meanwhile, outscored the 6 other teams in the playoffs, each by 50 points.

Man that's brutal. I'd be so pissed, and hate dak and cooper until I was buried in the ground no longer playing fantasy football.

• Haha 1