colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

1 hour ago, Rozr1 said:

Man not sure if I would have gone with Jackson over ware if I hadn't found this forum lol, though I did have some confidence in him this week

oh well...

Sucks leaving ur w on bench 

Was going to respond this same thing after your initial post. As great as this forum is in helping you get the jump on players, it also plays a big part in you overthinking things like that. This forum had me believing he was trash after 1 game, and I subbed him out last minute. Thankfully that long Diggs reception towards the end of MNF meant I would’ve lost regardless. 

Edited by nb009

2 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Was going to respond this same thing after your initial post. As great as this forum is in helping you get the jump on players, it also plays a big part in you overthinking things like that. This forum had me believing he was trash after 1 game, and I subbed him or last minute. Thankfully that long Diggs reception towards the end of MNF meant I would’ve lost regardless. 

That reminds me of a vent of my own: all the people on these forums who are far too quick to call people “trash” or “garbage” or whatever without properly understanding what they’re talking about.  Sadly, it works on the opposite “league winner” side of the spectrum as well.  Too many people opining without taking the time to understand the facts or analyze the situation.  It’s been plaguing these forums for as long as I can remember.

• Thanks 1

Surprised this is not one the first page....anyway.......WTF HAPPENED!!!! how does the one team to do well this week goes against me? how can I have an undefeated season and then lose on the first week with Gurley, Mahomes, Kelce etc on my team. I'm vexxed son!!! 

Was winning by 13.6 going into the last drive in a standard league, opponent had Thielen, Cook, and Bailey.

Cook and Thielen account for all 70 yards and a TD in absolute garbage time, Bailey kicks the XP and I lose by 0.4.

So many factors:

- Shady McCoy gets hurt for me 2 minutes in

- Jameis throws a pick in garbage time as time expires

- Butker misses two field goals

- Guy had Ryan and Julio to combine for two TDs, one in garbage time

- Gurley puts up his worst game of the past two seasons 

Cant get any worse than this.

Edited by Olliemets

2 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Was winning by 13.6 going into the last drive in a standard league, opponent had Thielen, Cook, and Bailey.

Cook and Thielen account for all 70 yards and a TD in absolute garbage time, Bailey kicks the XP and I lose by 0.4.

So many factors:

- Julio somehow scores two TD, 1 in garbage time

Yep this is the worse.  Don't forget to mention Seahags scored defensive TD rather than just kneeling down and running out clock. 

Make it all year with barely any injuries. 

Then Gordon gets sidelined. Conner also gets injured. Some cocksucker in my league who is eliminated from playoffs uses his #1 waiver to pick up Justin Jackson for no reason when I was the #2 waiver last week (he also grabbed Spencer Ware the week before [has been eliminated since week 10]. Now I'm stuck looking at Dion Lewis, Aaron Jones in a horrible matchup and Kenyan Drake because both my studs backs who have been carrying me all season decided to pick the worst timing on getting injured. 

This game is a cruel, cruel monster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Olliemets said:

So many factors:

Yea I lost by so many diff factors and well main one was leaving ware in bench for Jackson.

Also zeuerlein miss 40 yr  fg for me

Juju gets 4.3 pts on lateral at end of Pitts game for opponent 

Me getting Ian Thomas on waiver on wed then dropping him Friday for Arnold, then Arnold is inactive 1 hr before game sunday and now looking to pick up thomas again and hes back on waiver til wed lol

Was stuck with burton on as free agent...

Could also ice game if Seahawks don't run that int in... seems time would have run out and would have won by .28 if time ran out 

Wasn't my year had most pts score against me and lost delanie Walker 1st game of the year, dealt with Baldwin issues kerryon gets hurt when i need him in playoffs.. had duds just bout every game except for 1 in lineup this year tough season to navigate 

1 hour ago, Olliemets said:

So many factors:

Bad beat.

2 hours ago, Olliemets said:

So many factors:

I was facing Thielen and was dying a similar death on that last drive. As much as it sucked for you for that last pass to go to Cook, I was jumping up and down in celebration.  

You have my sympathy.

Anyone that makes a waiver claim now and is out of the playoffs needs to be kicked out of your league, that just ain't cool.

2 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

Anyone that makes a waiver claim now and is out of the playoffs needs to be kicked out of your league, that just ain't cool.

Leagues have loser brackets and additional payment penalties for finishing last.  You play to win the game, not give up. 

• Like 2

Fair enough in that circumstance. But In my leagues the only people that get paid are 1,2,3 place so in that case I think its a douche move for the bottom guys to pick up anyone.

3 hours ago, Dead Money said:

Yeah but people out of the playoffs also need to set their lineup well if they're playing someone you need to lose to get in right? Bad take here sir. Teams being active in any position is not a bad thing.

Edited by Ffguy0087

57 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Yeah but people out of the playoffs also need to set their lineup well if they're playing someone you need to lose to get in right? Bad take here sir. Teams being active in any position is not a bad thing.

I think he means teams that are no longer involved at all. So have zero need to do jack.

And in my league I freeze all teams that are eliminated so they can't make moves.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Make it all year with barely any injuries. 

Then Gordon gets sidelined. Conner also gets injured. Some cocksucker in my league who is eliminated from playoffs uses his #1 waiver to pick up Justin Jackson for no reason when I was the #2 waiver last week (he also grabbed Spencer Ware the week before [has been eliminated since week 10]. Now I'm stuck looking at Dion Lewis, Aaron Jones in a horrible matchup and Kenyan Drake because both my studs backs who have been carrying me all season decided to pick the worst timing on getting injured. 

This game is a cruel, cruel monster.

Can I join the club?

40 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I think he means teams that are no longer involved at all. So have zero need to do jack.

And in my league I freeze all teams that are eliminated so they can't make moves.

Won't  some  of those eliminated teams still be playing playoff teams at the end of the season?? Weeks 12-13 or so?

44 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Won't  some  of those eliminated teams still be playing playoff teams at the end of the season?? Weeks 12-13 or so?

Sometimes. Our league was pretty much already set in stone, and he is just the biggest sore loser. Love the guy but it pisses me off. He drafted Bell and didn't handcuff with Conner :lol:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Sometimes. Our league was pretty much already set in stone, and he is just the biggest sore loser. Love the guy but it pisses me off. He drafted Bell and didn't handcuff with Conner :lol:

I did trifector. Kept Bell, drafted Conner as cuff, picked up Samuels as cuff. I was extremely close to picking up Ridley and dropping Tate. That would have had 4 Pitt backs on my roster. Bell was IR. I couldn't commit to a fourfector. 

6 hours ago, Dead Money said:

Man everyone is making this statement more complicated then it needs to be. "What if theres a full moon and the polar caps melt down a few inches? Will it be ok to make a waiver claim?" Don't worry, there are people who understand what you are saying.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kball09 said:

I've made numerous moves to snag high priority waiver guys so they can sit on my bench away from playoff teams rosters. Spoiler is part of the fun!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

I've made numerous moves to snag high priority waiver guys so they can sit on my bench away from playoff teams rosters. Spoiler is part of the fun!

If you're eliminated and your season is over with nothing else left at stake and you're picking up players just to block the playoff teams, I wouldn't call that spoiler. I'd call that being a dick.

• Like 5

have no problem with non playoff teams making add drops. id much rather see that than eliminated teams not set their lineup the last couple weeks of regular season and giving free wins away

1 hour ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Agree to disagree. If you don't have active matchups, you should no longer be involved.

5 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

have no problem with non playoff teams making add drops. id much rather see that than eliminated teams not set their lineup the last couple weeks of regular season and giving free wins away

Our league punishes the loser to, so everyone stays active until the regular season is over. The two things above are mutually exclusive.

3 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Yes and they can certainly manager their teams up until then. We have a system to ensure the bottom is even more active than the top (the bottom gets punished in various ways). I think we are all just crossing streams here. I certainly wouldn't deactivate someone, so to speak, while they still have active matchups to manage.