colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, meh2 said:

If you're eliminated and your season is over with nothing else left at stake and you're picking up players just to block the playoff teams, I wouldn't call that spoiler. I'd call that being a dick.

I play till the end regardless of if im eliminated or not. Id rather go out on a 2-12 than an 0-14. So i wouldnt be waivering to screw people but to snag more wins. Thats why i dont like locking people down since the regular season isnt over.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

I play till the end regardless of if im eliminated or not. Id rather go out on a 2-12 than an 0-14. So i wouldnt be waivering to screw people but to snag more wins. Thats why i dont like locking people down since the regular season isnt over.

 

 

You want to snag more wins.  What is this, the actual Nfl where your a struggling coach and hope to get more wins on your resume to use for the next coaching vacancy when your fired eventually. Gtfo

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

You want to snag more wins.  What is this, the actual Nfl where your a struggling coach and hope to get more wins on your resume to use for the next coaching vacancy when your fired eventually. Gtfo

And youre the person who gets salty and drops their players when you get bumped from the playoffs. you gtfo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Ware, Conner, Obj and Ertz lost his qb. I now have to start Stills, Williams and Samuels.  Fantasy isn’t fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delete. 

Edited by chud12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made it to the semis, barely. 

 

Thinking i I could get odell and Gordon back but doesn’t look good at all. 

 

Yesssssss! Wonderful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complained about DJ all year then started him over Kittle and Mixon respectively and lost both leagues by the difference. I suck :(.

 

Of course, I had my Ridley & Robinson for Keenan Allen trade vetoed right before Allen blew up (during bye where he complained about not getting the ball) and sure enough it cost me a bye and then lose in 1st round during bye week. Worse than that, my own friend vetoed the trade with explanation "I wanted to be an a** and thought it was funny," lol. To add insult to misery, the guy I traded with had to play Allen and Sheperd on Thanksgiving week (over Ridley/Robinson he didn't get) and the difference cost him a win as well and he missed the playoffs by a game. Now we are both out, and the 4 people that vetoed it are the 4 teams left standing :lol:, too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, King Gonzo said:

Complained about DJ all year then started him over Kittle and Mixon respectively and lost both leagues by the difference. I suck :(.

 

Of course, I had my Ridley & Robinson for Keenan Allen trade vetoed right before Allen blew up (during bye where he complained about not getting the ball) and sure enough it cost me a bye and then lose in 1st round during bye week. Worse than that, my own friend vetoed the trade with explanation "I wanted to be an a** and thought it was funny," lol. To add insult to misery, the guy I traded with had to play Allen and Sheperd on Thanksgiving week (over Ridley/Robinson he didn't get) and the difference cost him a win as well and he missed the playoffs by a game. Now we are both out, and the 4 people that vetoed it are the 4 teams left standing :lol:, too bad.

Vetoes in a league is bush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best team I’ve ever had in fantasy, dominated the regular season, and this is a league that I’ve never won in 5+ years.

 

Now I’ve lost Ware and likely OBJ and I’m going up against the hottest team with Gurley/CMC/AJones/Amari.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FoosballFan said:

Me too

 

same.  and I entered in two teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My rant is for coaches who like to pretend their injured players are okay, and will be returning to game action any time now, possibly even this week.

 

With a bonus shutout to the RW blurbwriters who buy those coach's lies over and over and over again, hook, line and sinker.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 6:43 PM, bhawks489 said:

I play till the end regardless of if im eliminated or not. Id rather go out on a 2-12 than an 0-14. So i wouldnt be waivering to screw people but to snag more wins. Thats why i dont like locking people down since the regular season isnt over.

 

 

I love it and I wish everyone in my league was like you.  100% effort every week, even in a lost season.  For one thing, playing that way is the most fair to the rest of the contenders--no one gets an easy win against a ghost ship team.  Second, the way to get better at fantasy is through trial end error.  Every season is a learning experience.  Losing touch and losing interest is going to do nothing for your chances to improve.

 

The rivalries in my league are long-standing.  The joy of knocking a leaguemate out of the playoffs is almost as good as making the playoffs yourself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You play till the end and try to have the best team and bench every single week.

I don't understand any other approach to this game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I love it and I wish everyone in my league was like you.  100% effort every week, even in a lost season.  For one thing, playing that way is the most fair to the rest of the contenders--no one gets an easy win against a ghost ship team.  Second, the way to get better at fantasy is through trial end error.  Every season is a learning experience.  Losing touch and losing interest is going to do nothing for your chances to improve.

 

The rivalries in my league are long-standing.  The joy of knocking a leaguemate out of the playoffs is almost as good as making the playoffs yourself.

Giving up in the end changes the dynamics if you gift someone else a win.

 

I'm all in on the 100% effort cause it just makes the game fun and i like seeing others doing the same even if they are eliminated. 

 

I like your style

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I love it and I wish everyone in my league was like you.  100% effort every week, even in a lost season.  For one thing, playing that way is the most fair to the rest of the contenders--no one gets an easy win against a ghost ship team.  Second, the way to get better at fantasy is through trial end error.  Every season is a learning experience.  Losing touch and losing interest is going to do nothing for your chances to improve.

 

The rivalries in my league are long-standing.  The joy of knocking a leaguemate out of the playoffs is almost as good as making the playoffs yourself.

I am all in no matter what is my record until the playoffs start then I take a backseat, I do not make any waiver adds. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with shakestreet, sure don’t gift someone a win but you can do that with the “losers” you drafted as long as no one is injured and what not. If you are not fielding a full lineup because of injuries sure pick someone up

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LuckBox1 said:

Lost by 0.01 in my $10,000 buy in league.

I think you swapped the numbers

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I am all in no matter what is my record until the playoffs start then I take a backseat, I do not make any waiver adds. 

Can you? unless there is a consolation bracket i guess. And i guess that makes sense, unless you really need a QB cause yours was knocked out last game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright so at some point it just gets too ridiculous. I have Rivers going tonight, who has a meager 7 points so far against a putrid KC defense in one of my playoff leagues, while in the other, I have Tyreek Hill and Keenan Allen going against Damien Williams, who has outscored both of my top 10 WR's by 13. The crazy thing is this happens EVERY Thursday. Whoever I start sucks, and whoever my opponent starts does amazing. At some point it has to end right?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mrschrod said:

Alright so at some point it just gets too ridiculous. I have Rivers going tonight, who has a meager 7 points so far against a putrid KC defense in one of my playoff leagues, while in the other, I have Tyreek Hill and Keenan Allen going against Damien Williams, who has outscored both of my top 10 WR's by 13. The crazy thing is this happens EVERY Thursday. Whoever I start sucks, and whoever my opponent starts does amazing. At some point it has to end right?

I feel same way man. I have Keenan Allen and benched Damien lol. It gets even worse. So I then submitted a DK lineup with Damien as my captain (so he gets 1.5 extra points). Here I am thinking I was so smart for hedging and then of course I included Keenan in that lineup as well haha. Just not my night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great another incidence of Keenan Allen jumping for a TD and injuring himself - hopefully he didnt rupture his kidney this time too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost the season bc I’m an idiot. Had a super long day at work, got home at 8:23 and forgot it was Thursday until that point. Didn’t have time to switch out Damien Williams or Justin Jackson from my bench to my lineup. Probably wouldn’t have done both but I would have switched out one since I have Samuels in my flex. Don’t even know if he’s gonna get the start. 

 

Oh but don’t worry, Hill has 6.6 points for me. 46.8 on my bench :unsure:

 

I suck and I hate myself. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.