Stefan

Myles Turner 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Im talking about his rebounding being lower than the expected 6 or 7. Right now hes not even averaging 6 and that was what I was eluding to. I know Turner can’t rebound and I mentioned that in this thread before the season started.

I dont even own him lol, put this guy on my DND a long time ago and thats because I watched him play alot and saw that this guy really isnt that good.

DND? Seems pretty dumb considering Turner still returns very nice value. 

3 minutes ago, Roto4500 said:

Yeah some people don't know how to play fantasy basketball.

22 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Yeah some people don't know how to play fantasy basketball.

27 minutes ago, Roto4500 said:

Fact is his rebounding is lower than expected so it will drag down his value. Yes, it can easily change due to small sample size but the fact is it's below expectations as we speak.  Don't understand what I'm getting at then go back to my original post and who I responded to lol. I was responding to someone who said rebounds are easy to find.  And DND is all relative, which is usually common knowledge on this board. I know for a fact he will always be taken before I'm ready to draft him.

Taking a big early that gives you 6-7 RPG is not an easy fix if you want to be competitive in rebounds without punting other cats. Later you get into drafts chances are if you get a guy over 10rpg he either gets zero blocks or punts fts. It's like taking a PG who gets 3 assists then saying its an easy fix. Sure it's easy if you're willing to sacrifice other categories. 

If you want to remain competitive in rebounding you have to overdraft bigs which could lead to punting ft or FTs. There's nothing "easy" about it if you look at the entire picture.

Edited by FantasyBallFan

1 minute ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Fact is his rebounding is lower than expected so it will drag down his value. Yes, it can easily change due to small sample size but the fact is it's below expectations as we speak.  Don't understand what I'm getting at then go back to my original post and who I responded to lol. I was responding to someone who said rebounds are easy to find.  And DND is all relative, which is usually common knowledge on this board. I know for a fact he will always be taken before I'm ready to draft him.

Taking a big early that gives you 6-7 RPG is not an easy fix if you want to be competitive in rebounds without punting other cats. Later you get into drafts chances are if you get a guy over 10rpg he either gets zero blocks or punts fts. It's like taking a PG who gets 3 assists then saying its an easy fix. Sure it's easy if you're willing to sacrifice other categories. 

I've had no problem as I accounted for his rebounding. His shot blocking is nearly impossible to find with respectable numbers and particularly efficiency. You have completely ignored that. I get you like your rebounds but your point frankly isn't relevant to this player. No serious owner of Myles Turner in any serious league gives a crap about his rebounding. He's a nice piece to a larger puzzle. There's too many players at multiple positions averaging big rebounds to worry about rebounds anymore. Assists are not an easy fix with efficiency. Rebounds are nowadays as the game gets smaller. Across the board rebounds are the easiest stat to find by a mile. And you can find them in just about any way you want to suit your particular team.

18 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I've had no problem as I accounted for his rebounding. His shot blocking is nearly impossible to find with respectable numbers and particularly efficiency. You have completely ignored that. I get you like your rebounds but your point frankly isn't relevant to this player. No serious owner of Myles Turner in any serious league gives a crap about his rebounding. He's a nice piece to a larger puzzle. There's too many players at multiple positions averaging big rebounds to worry about rebounds anymore. Assists are not an easy fix with efficiency. Rebounds are nowadays as the game gets smaller. Across the board rebounds are the easiest stat to find by a mile. And you can find them in just about any way you want to suit your particular team.

Lmao again you fail to realize that I was responding to someone who said it’s an easy fix. It has nothing to do with what I like, I was speaking to someone who specifically mentioned rebounding. We’ll have to disagree because I dont believe any Category is an easy fix late without huge negatives. If a player could get you boards without any negatives they wouldnt be there late. I didnt ignore anything, Myles Turner has his value yes, but lets not act like owners will be cool if he puts up 5rpg. Maybe you will but the majority of owners in this thread wont be.

Dont believe me, see last years Turner thread with 15+ pages and alot of complaints about his rebounding.

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Lmao again you fail to realize that I was responding to someone who said it’s an easy fix. It has nothing to do with what I like, I was speaking to someone who specifically mentioned rebounding. We’ll have to disagree because I dont believe any Category is an easy fix late without huge negatives. If a player could get you 10rpg without any negatives they wouldnt be there late. I didnt ignore anything, Myles Turner has his value yes, but lets not act like owners will be cool if he puts up 5rpg. Maybe you will but the majority of owners in this thread wont be.

Dont believe me, see last years Turner thread with 15+ pages and alot of complaints about his rebounding.

I said it was an easy fix. I've never had any problem covering rebounding in fantasy. I don't expect to anytime soon. We can agree to disagree there...None of those people were drafting Myles Turner this year and especially not anywhere near where he was going last year. I think you are hung up on last season honestly. He was a bad value last year and was overdrafted. This year he was in a spot in drafts where everyone has holes and he can win you a category and can't really hurt you anywhere. If he was going 20 again I could understand but he was certainly readjusted down. I think you missed that.

21 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I said it was an easy fix. I've never had any problem covering rebounding in fantasy. I don't expect to anytime soon. We can agree to disagree there...None of those people were drafting Myles Turner this year and especially not anywhere near where he was going last year. I think you are hung up on last season honestly. He was a bad value last year and was overdrafted. This year he was in a spot in drafts where everyone has holes and he can win you a category and can't really hurt you anywhere. If he was going 20 again I could understand but he was certainly readjusted down. I think you missed that.

Im not hung up on last year at all and have no reason to be, I owned him was during his breakout year and got him for next to nothing last year. My point is that you can’t say serious owners dont give a crap about his rebounding cause that makes absolutely no sense. Speak for yourself. If he fails to get 6rpg you think majority of owners wouldnt care? Majority of us dont draft a player who projects to average 7rpg then “not care about it”. 

Understand that im not predicting he’ll be below 6rpg, im just using it as an example.

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 1

On 2018-10-29 at 7:16 AM, FantasyBallFan said:

Im not hung up on last year at all and have no reason to be, I owned him was during his breakout year and got him for next to nothing last year. My point is that you can’t say serious owners dont give a crap about his rebounding cause that makes absolutely no sense. Speak for yourself. If he fails to get 6rpg you think majority of owners wouldnt care? Majority of us dont draft a player who projects to average 7rpg then “not care about it”. 

Understand that im not predicting he’ll be below 6rpg, im just using it as an example.

Relax dude, the boards will come. No doubt about it!

Myles will be better than last year, but I don't see him taking a huge step. Maybe just go back to 2 years ago production. So much talk about offseason work he has put on, when I watch them play, Myles still can't take it strong. Despite his height and supposedly new found strength and conditioning, when he drives after getting the ball on a pick and pop, instead of going up strong, his move is still to drive, half spin then shoot a really high floater. This is impressive, because not all bigs are that agile, but I think bigs should still take it hard than settle for floaters. It will lead to better FG%. He still looks afraid to absorb contact

Sabonis is a natural out there and so much better than Myles. Still think getting them out there together would be the way to go and provides the most upside for the team but Pacers clearly disagree. 

• Like 1

They actually have shared the floor for a few minutes tonight in the 1st quarter.  As a Turner owner, it's a bit frustrating that he boxes out his man and the rebound just falls into Sabonis's hands.  Happened twice that I saw at least.

• Sad 1

Sabonis always outplay this dude

• Like 1

i think myles turner is a better player in real life than in fantasyworld just like marcus smart

This dude is a joke and a clown.

Only bigger clown I can think of is me who actually drafted his joke a**.

Scrub. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

they already regretting giving him that contract this guy struggles to rebound almost Brook Lopez like gawd damn if I played down low and boxed out for 28 mins a night I can probably get at least 8! 

best line of the season so far,6 blks include the game winner blk

14802f_1c0e31b82b014ab19d66d8bea89ad2ab~

30 minutes ago, Raiiny said:

Only 3 rebounds, dropped.

so you didn't see his 6 blks, 70% fg, 100% ft, 3 asts and 18 pts? 🤔

• Like 3

It’s a trap

shipped him off

i wish you guys the best of luck

Coming from someone that talks s--- about him during the season (on my team), I feel like he won’t disappoint as long as you drafted around the 6th round and need blocks

• Like 1