Stefan

Myles Turner 2018-2019 Season Outlook

58 minutes ago, Isaacxhan said:

I specifically traded this guy away because of his lack of boards. I’ll just chalk this up to Oladipo being out

Looks like you can chalk it up to you making a bad decision. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roto4500 said:

Looks like you can chalk it up to you making a bad decision. 

Nah I think I’ll be fine. Got JJJ in return. Appreciate the analysis though

as per rotoworld:

Myles Turner (left ankle) will be available to play on Wednesday against the Hornets.

Advice: Turner tweaked his ankle during Monday's game, but fought through the pain and it looks like that will again be the case tonight. With Victor Oladipo (knee) out, he could see some more opportunity on offense, and maybe he'll be able to haul in over six rebounds.

LMao, i love how rotoworld knows our pains. Hopefully hes ok with his tweaked ankle

1reb at the half... I don’t care what kind of PF/C you are, that’s atrocious and downright laughable.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Boner said:

1reb at the half... I don’t care what kind of PF/C you are, that’s atrocious and downright laughable.

It's a legit complaint, but it's also becoming a tired one.  At this point, he is what he is rebounding wise.  I'll still take the elite blocks production.

• Like 1

Odd that he's out tonight after finishing Monday's game and playing through it on Wednesday, but I guess the one good thing is this shouldn't be a long term issue.  If it was, he likely would have been ruled out long before a little bit before tip-off.

Sucks though as he had been pretty solid of late, and obviously the continued elite block production will be missed tonight.

Good thing for me that he's out resting, well with an injury i know. He needs it. Not only physically but also mentally. Hoping that he realize how badly his team needs his rebounds. He can't let Thad nor Sabonis grab all those rebs man.

best thing I did was draft Sabonis as handcuff to Turner on draft day. Call me crazy, but for a guy who owns both, I am actually relieved that Turner is out because I know I will get consistent minutes from Sabonis. The only downside is, now he has almost no trade value. But he didn't have much trade value anyway!

1 minute ago, a-rob said:

best thing I did was draft Sabonis as handcuff to Turner on draft day. Call me crazy, but for a guy who owns both, I am actually relieved that Turner is out because I know I will get consistent minutes from Sabonis. The only downside is, now he has almost no trade value. But he didn't have much trade value anyway!

If you play both on a regular basis, then having one out being a good thing makes no sense.  You're missing out on elite blocks at the very least.  If you just played one or the other, then I can understand.

2 hours ago, MrBean said:

Good thing for me that he's out resting, well with an injury i know. He needs it. Not only physically but also mentally. Hoping that he realize how badly his team needs his rebounds. He can't let Thad nor Sabonis grab all those rebs man.

His team as in his fantasy teams?  It doesn't matter who is getting the rebounds for the Pacers as long as the team is getting them.

I can understand the frustration with some people since 5.4 boards per game is pretty bad for a Center, but it's yet another tired complaint with Turner.  Even in his good second season, he only grabbed 7.4 boards per game.  He's never going to be a big rebounder and people need to face that fact.  Still, he should be more around what he was averaging lately before his injury, which proves it's more lack of effort on the glass rather than any sort of lack of opportunity.  There will be less opportunity once Oladipo returns, as he rebounds plenty for a guard, but you get the idea.  So, again, I can understand the complaint, but we don't need to read it every week.

2 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

If you play both on a regular basis, then having one out being a good thing makes no sense.  You're missing out on elite blocks at the very least.  If you just played one or the other, then I can understand.

His team as in his fantasy teams?  It doesn't matter who is getting the rebounds for the Pacers as long as the team is getting them.

I can understand the frustration with some people since 5.4 boards per game is pretty bad for a Center, but it's yet another tired complaint with Turner.  Even in his good second season, he only grabbed 7.4 boards per game.  He's never going to be a big rebounder and people need to face that fact.  Still, he should be more around what he was averaging lately before his injury, which proves it's more lack of effort on the glass rather than any sort of lack of opportunity.  There will be less opportunity once Oladipo returns, as he rebounds plenty for a guard, but you get the idea.  So, again, I can understand the complaint, but we don't need to read it every week.

That's the problem, it was so hard for me to decide which one to play. Now I can plug in Sabonis with complete confidence, and give Bum Turner's spot to someone else who can contribute more. Because it felt like a waste benching Turner when I drafted him much higher than my other options! Before Siakam became consistent, my mind was always telling me to use Siakam instead of Turner, but it is hard to justify to yourself to bench a guy you drafted for a waiver wire pick up.

Just like 76ers situation, I think Brent Brown is actually relieved Fultz is sitting out, because now he doesn't need to play him at all

4 minutes ago, a-rob said:

That's the problem, it was so hard for me to decide which one to play. Now I can plug in Sabonis with complete confidence, and give Bum Turner's spot to someone else who can contribute more. Because it felt like a waste benching Turner when I drafted him much higher than my other options! Before Siakam became consistent, my mind was always telling me to use Siakam instead of Turner, but it is hard to justify to yourself to bench a guy you drafted for a waiver wire pick up.

Just like 76ers situation, I think Brent Brown is actually relieved Fultz is sitting out, because now he doesn't need to play him at all

Ok, that makes sense then since you weren't using both on a regular basis.

I would imagine the Pacers would at least miss Turner's defense if he ever was out long term (this doesn't look like it will be).  I know I would, even with his other obvious shortcomings.

I wish my league was shallow enough that I could drop him. That production, aside from the recent few games, is so lackluster. Nobody in my main money league will take him on even as a filler in a trade.

Edited by mcflywalker

13 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I can understand the frustration with some people since 5.4 boards per game is pretty bad for a Center, but it's yet another tired complaint with Turner.  Even in his good second season, he only grabbed 7.4 boards per game.  He's never going to be a big rebounder and people need to face that fact.  

This is great in hindsight, but you can't blame people for not thinking that a 20 year old in his second season reached his rebounding peak.  At the time, 7.3 seemed to a point on a line that was trending upward as he got better, right?  Nor is it like that was a long time ago, either, like people should've learned in the 6 seasons since then or something.  It was 2016-2017.  It's November 2018 now, I probably have the same pair of running shoes since then.  Have I even changed my furnace filter since then?  I guess I should now...

• Haha 1