Stefan

Myles Turner 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

This is great in hindsight, but you can't blame people for not thinking that a 20 year old in his second season reached his rebounding peak.  At the time, 7.3 seemed to a point on a line that was trending upward as he got better, right?  Nor is it like that was a long time ago, either, like people should've learned in the 6 seasons since then or something.  It was 2016-2017.  It's November 2018 now, I probably have the same pair of running shoes since then.  Have I even changed my furnace filter since then?  I guess I should now...

I understand that people would have expected that to go up as he got older, or at least not gotten worse.  It's just the fact that it is posted what seems like every week.  At the very least too often.  I think people know that some people are disappointed in his production so far, especially in rebounding and scoring.  I'm not going to say that I'm not either, but I'm not going to continue to keep on posting about it either.

One thing that people seem to continue to ignore is the fact that Turner is tied for 3rd in the league in blocks per game at 2.6.  Unless the majority of people that continue to post about how bad Turner is are punting blocks, he should deserve at least some credit for the elite production there in a category that isn't exactly swimming with valuable production.  There's obviously some really productive players that give you a good amount of blocks, but then there's the others that actually offer less than Turner does.

I know this will seem like I'm a huge Myles Turner fan when I'm not.  I've tried to trade him multiple times, but then it always comes back to not getting offered enough or not wanting to take the hit in Blocks.  I actually could have traded him once, but then I would have been hurting in Blocks, and then I'd have to roster and play a player that's even more one dimensional than Turner is (and obviously without the lack of upside).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I understand that people would have expected that to go up as he got older, or at least not gotten worse.  It's just the fact that it is posted what seems like every week.  At the very least too often.  I think people know that some people are disappointed in his production so far, especially in rebounding and scoring.  I'm not going to say that I'm not either, but I'm not going to continue to keep on posting about it either.

One thing that people seem to continue to ignore is the fact that Turner is tied for 3rd in the league in blocks per game at 2.6.  Unless the majority of people that continue to post about how bad Turner is are punting blocks, he should deserve at least some credit for the elite production there in a category that isn't exactly swimming with valuable production.  There's obviously some really productive players that give you a good amount of blocks, but then there's the others that actually offer less than Turner does.

I know this will seem like I'm a huge Myles Turner fan when I'm not.  I've tried to trade him multiple times, but then it always comes back to not getting offered enough or not wanting to take the hit in Blocks.  I actually could have traded him once, but then I would have been hurting in Blocks, and then I'd have to roster and play a player that's even more one dimensional than Turner is (and obviously without the lack of upside).

This

as bad as turner has been with his overall production, its because of him im number 1 in blocks (yes i know i have davis too) But it doesn't change the fact hes a huge anchor and has single handedly given me the confidence to own in one category. Just wish i didn't pay such a high price for him. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, papocrain said:

He's feeling it against Gobert and the Jazz! B)

What are you doing Happy? Riding a bull? You're acting like a damn fool!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reverb said:

Frustrated owner dropped him in my league. Is he worth a #2 waiver?? 

100%. Cross ya fingers and hope #1 waiver snoozes

51 minutes ago, reverb said:

Frustrated owner dropped him in my league. Is he worth a #2 waiver?? 

Waive him and pray.

• Like 1

I love how this guy remembers how to rebound after I traded him. I’m going to assume that this is cause Oladipo is out

3 minutes ago, Boner said:

Double digit rebounds? Is this real life?

Yeah, when I was his line I had your username.

34 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

Yeah, when I was his line I had your username.

I understand that this was a joke about you getting a boner at Turner's line, but the language barrier prevented it from being funny.

• Haha 1

On 2018-11-26 at 8:08 PM, papocrain said:

Are you okay mate? LOL

Happy Gilmore reference...Doing the bull dance....feeling the flow...working it....working it

Tonight was nice. He played down the stretch and was instrumental in the win. Last minute -- go ahead 3, nice assist to Bojan in PNR shift, solid D vs. Booker in a tight game. Sad thing: it was abundantly clear to everyone watching the game (except Nate McMillan, apparently) that Indy would have won it going away with Sabonis instead of Myles. I worry it's a matter of time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I understand that this was a joke about you getting a boner at Turner's line, but the language barrier prevented it from being funny.

I wasn't thinking straight when I had it. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Should we blame Turner's early season struggles on Dipo as he is balling without him now.

That could be the case as he was really struggling while Dipo was playing. Look at his numbers now without Dipo.

• Like 1