Stefan

Myles Turner 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, HotSauce24 said:

Should we blame Turner's early season struggles on Dipo as he is balling without him now.

It's hard to say no with the way he's been playing of late.

It's also about time people are actually giving Turner some credit for his recent play.  Plenty of people had no issues with flocking in here and saying how bad he was earlier, but people seem to have been pretty slow acknowledging his recent rise to actually being a legit really good Center.

• Like 3

Dipo being out has definitely helped.  Whereas before, no one bothered to look for Turner on the block, now he's actively asking for the ball and has nice moves to execute.

I'm really glad I played him tonight (shallow league).  I'm also drunk so don't pay attention to me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

It's hard to say no with the way he's been playing of late.

It's also about time people are actually giving Turner some credit for his recent play.  Plenty of people had no issues with flocking in here and saying how bad he was earlier, but people seem to have been pretty slow acknowledging his recent rise to actually being a legit really good Center.

I want "legit really good Center" to be true. Still holding and all that.

It would do a lot for my confidence if Indy played the Suns, Kings and Bulls every game. 

2 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

So what are you guys doing with Turner? Straight hold or selling high?

Holding as I've done all season.  His blocks are elite regardless of what he is doing otherwise, and that's been the case all season.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, papocrain said:

Another monster line. Could this be the last? Dipo may play next game.

hopefully not. im sure a lot of his recent success is related to dipo being out, but I also hope/believe that some of it is due to him being more invested/motivated/aggressive individually, so i hope that he can retain at least some of his success. could just be wishful thinking tho 

Might as well continue giving Turner some love after another nice line tonight.

I would have thought it would have been an even bigger line since all 3 of his blocks were in the first quarter, but still, it's hard to complain with the nice all around line like his from the Center position.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Raiiny said:

Single handedly carrying me in blks the last few weeks.

That, and also silencing the people who were complaining earlier this season about the lack of anything else.  Evident by the fact that there hadn't been many posts in here in the last couple of weeks even though Turner has been on a lengthy great run.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:22 PM, KilloWertz said:

4 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

That, and also silencing the people who were complaining earlier this season about the lack of anything else.  Evident by the fact that there hadn't been many posts in here in the last couple of weeks even though Turner has been on a lengthy great run.

...we get it.

8 hours ago, Roto4500 said:

...we get it.

As much as people were posting about how bad he was earlier in the season, I think it's only fair.  If there had to be pages of how bad he was and such, I don't think there's anything wrong with some posts pointing out how people were wrong and giving Turner credit.  It was ridiculous, and you'll be ok.

3rd straight double double tonight, and a total of 14 blocks over that span as well.

No6 player in 9 cat league this month according yahoo folks. I got him in 3rd rd for my punt assist build, hopefully he can finish as a top 30 player this season

2 hours ago, adifferentlogik said:

Dudes balling definitely taking him of my DND list for next year if he keeps this up. 

For the person who was confused, he's taking him off (not of) his Do Not Draft list if he keeps this up.

34 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

For the person who was confused, he's taking him off (not of) his Do Not Draft list if he keeps this up.

Lol I'm just saying a DND list is not a smart thing to have in fantasy especially if you're going to draft a guy, be disappointed in him and then change your opinion less than halfway through a season lmao

Edited by royalm
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, royalm said:

Lol I'm just saying a DND list is not a smart thing to have in fantasy especially if you're going to draft a guy, be disappointed in him and then change your opinion less than halfway through a season lmao

I have DND lists composed of players who consistently get injured, players who don’t fit the team I’m trying to build, or players who consistently underperform their ADP due to being overhyped. Myles Turner fell into the category of players who consistently underperformed his ADP until now. 

To each his own. 

Edited by adifferentlogik

On 12/23/2018 at 5:22 PM, hansonslee said:

That's the Myles Turner I drafted!  It pays to be patient! B)

Not the Myles Turner I drafted. I drafted the 8th round steal who chills in the top 70 because blocks but loses minutes to the son of Sabonis since he can't bang and sets lazy picks. Lucky me, knock wood.

Good mid-round flier, thought I.  Fly, Myles, fly.

• Haha 1