Stefan

Myles Turner 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, HotSauce24 said:

Source? 

Rotoworld:  Myles Turner was diagnosed with a broken nose and he will not return to Monday's game.

Turner will need to be fitted for a mask, but with the Pacers off until Friday, he might not need to miss any more time beyond Monday's game. For now, we'll consider him questionable for Friday, and if he does need to sit that one out, Domantas Sabonis will be the primary beneficiary.

I don't like the idea of Myles in a mask even though that would make him come back sooner. He was in a groove shooting wise but that sweat builds up in that mask as the game goes on and it can get annoying. Didn't he wear a mask before as well or am I mistaken? Was it also for a broken nose?

how are turner owners feeling about him ROS? we have seen him have stretch where he is a monster then gets banged up and comes back to earth and looks like it just happened again. will he avg 15/9 ROS 

top 25 asset moving forward? 

Myles Turner (broken nose) will start on Friday vs. the Bulls.

There's no word of any restrictions, but he will have to wear a face mask for quite a while. Turner has been a fantasy stud since his slow start and can be deployed with confidence.

Myles Burner on today

On 1/1/2019 at 11:33 AM, colepenhagen said:

how are turner owners feeling about him ROS? we have seen him have stretch where he is a monster then gets banged up and comes back to earth and looks like it just happened again. will he avg 15/9 ROS 

top 25 asset moving forward? 

Even though I always supported Myles Turner, I see him more as a top 40-50 for ROS right now because of his past history of letting us down.  Also, any basketball player can have a streaky month.

However, there is hope because Myles Turner is making the most of his opportunity and faith the franchise and team has in him.

Posted (edited)

Was questionable yesterday and didn't play.  Doubtful today too.

For what it's worth, Nate McMillan referred to the shoulder issue for Turner as a "stinger" and he did warm up for Sunday's game, so it doesn't sound all that serious. Jan 6 - 6:05 PM

Who the hell writes these things?!

Edited by MWon

I'm hoping for his fast recovery. Have him and Davis in my team. Badly missing his blocks. :(

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, MrBean said:

I'm hoping for his fast recovery. Have him and Davis in my team. Badly missing his blocks. :(

Same here.  Pairing them both together has been enough to vault me to what should be the top of the league in blocks if Turner was playing, but now he's missing game after game.  Getting frustrating that he didn't miss any time for his broken nose, but now a shoulder injury came out of nowhere in the game after the broken nose and now he may miss nearly a whole week's worth of games.

1 hour ago, MWon said:

Was questionable yesterday and didn't play.  Doubtful today too.

For what it's worth, Nate McMillan referred to the shoulder issue for Turner as a "stinger" and he did warm up for Sunday's game, so it doesn't sound all that serious. Jan 6 - 6:05 PM

Who the hell writes these things?!

Well, that one isn't the blurb writer's fault.  That's undoubtedly what McMillan said, and if Turner warmed up for that game, it's only natural to assume the injury wasn't that serious.

Like I said above, this is getting pretty frustrating though.  This will be twice now where it seems like he could be back soon and then he ends up likely being out for the next game.  It wouldn't be as much of an issue if he wasn't doing so good and he wasn't likely such an important part of teams (even just for his elite blocks).

Edited by KilloWertz

Yeah, I'm just mad as hell.  Last week, I needed him on Sunday--I lost by a single block to a team that got 3 from Bam total last week (despite having a streak going back to Dec 20 of 0 blocks), and the team was an inactive owner whom other teams just feast on as a weak team.

This week, I have absolutely no hope since I'm being manhandled and down 4 injured players.  I can only hope on blocks...and Myles is gone.  This week's opponent is annoying af too...wished I could've beaten him and now I have to endure his idiotic taunts IRL.  So I'm just venting and taking it out on Myles.

Oh yeah, he's out for today.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but during Tuesdays game the Pacers sideline reporter did mention that Myles Turner was dealing with a nerve issue in his shoulder. He also noted that Myles remains day to day. This could be a similar situation to Turners elbow last year, and Dipos knee this year where they rule him out indefinitely at some point to give him time to recover.

Hopefully that isn't the case though, as he's been playing amazing for the past two months.

16 minutes ago, ghostofathousand_ said:

There we go! 

We're a [bleeping] squad now!

Not a mind blowing line or anything, but still, welcome back Myles Turner...

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

Not a mind blowing line or anything, but still, welcome back Myles Turner...

On the other hand 7 for 11 and no turnovers with multiple stocks on a first game back with a sore shoulder and having to wear that god awful mask is pretty mind blowing.  Excited for the future.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stickman71492 said:

On the other hand 7 for 11 and no turnovers with multiple stocks on a first game back with a sore shoulder and having to wear that god awful mask is pretty mind blowing.  Excited for the future.

I wasn't complaining.  I liked the line.  I just didn't want to seem like I was going crazy and saying it was like an Anthony Davis line or something like that.  So, not quite sure why royalm was confused.

Anyways, yeah, it's good to have Turner back.  I definitely missed the blocks.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 9:34 PM, Padilla814 said:

New Turner owner.. glad he is back.. I'm ready for the blocks!

who is traded for?

Can someone explain me where the boards suddenly come from? After he strung together the first couple strong games I traded him away, as I expected a regression. He has been a bad rebounder for more than 3 seasons and suddenly notices that he is large enough to grab them?