Stefan

Myles Turner 2018-2019 Season Outlook

49 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

Can someone explain me where the boards suddenly come from? After he strung together the first couple strong games I traded him away, as I expected a regression. He has been a bad rebounder for more than 3 seasons and suddenly notices that he is large enough to grab them?

Their scheme has him rebounding, as opposed to the guard rebounding and Myles just boxing out. 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook

Could be looking at a pretty awesome jump in production with Dipo's injury...

Probably looking at least a couple more shots coming his way and we could be seeing a jump in playing time. 

He's only been getting 28 Minutes Per Game this season, but wouldn't be surprised if that number jumped to 31-32 MPG now.

I'd love to see him get back to that 16 PPG / 9 REB guy, and if he gets the extra couple of minutes per game, he should have no problem avg'n 3 BLKS a game.

Traded for him a couple of days ago. Also sent Dipo away in another trade earlier this week. 

Love Dipo and wish him all the best, but I’m excited for Turner man.

On 1/24/2019 at 3:59 AM, CORTEz said:

Could be looking at a pretty awesome jump in production with Dipo's injury...

Probably looking at least a couple more shots coming his way and we could be seeing a jump in playing time. 

He's only been getting 28 Minutes Per Game this season, but wouldn't be surprised if that number jumped to 31-32 MPG now.

I'd love to see him get back to that 16 PPG / 9 REB guy, and if he gets the extra couple of minutes per game, he should have no problem avg'n 3 BLKS a game.

The beginning of his turnaround this season began when Oladipo got hurt the first time, and he really didn't let up much when Oladipo returned (aside from probably a bit of scoring), so I would expect Turner to really roll along the rest of the way.  Obviously not Davis/Embiid territory, but definitely elite Center production regardless.

• Like 1

Two straight games without a Block....  Oh, wait, he had 27 Points tonight.  I think I can live with that...

• Like 2

He's, like, good at defense and stuff....

Sure, the rebounding is still a bit inconsistent, but can't complain at all when the defense is this elite and the offensive portion of his game has been nice too (even from behind the arc).

17 points on 88% shooting

3 threes, 4 steals and 6 blocks. 

TURNGOD

Edited by Eleqtrique

14 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

He's, like, good at defense and stuff....

Sure, the rebounding is still a bit inconsistent, but can't complain at all when the defense is this elite and the offensive portion of his game has been nice too (even from behind the arc).

Isn't defensive rebounding part of defense? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HotSauce24 said:

Isn't defensive rebounding part of defense? 

At least not in my opinion.  There's rebounding (offensive and defensive) and then there's defense (steals and blocks).  Not being smart or anything, but I would think they are listed in separate categories because they are two separate things.

3 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

At least not in my opinion.  There's rebounding (offensive and defensive) and then there's defense (steals and blocks).  Not being smart or anything, but I would think they are listed in separate categories because they are two separate things.

Defensive rebounding is a key part of good defense in general, limiting the offense to just one shot. A good thought is "one shot and out".

https://www.coachesclipboard.net/Rebounding.html

I thought it was widely known that rebounding was part of defense? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Defensive rebounding is a key part of good defense in general, limiting the offense to just one shot. A good thought is "one shot and out".

https://www.coachesclipboard.net/Rebounding.html

I thought it was widely known that rebounding was part of defense? 

You get a cookie for such technical analysis...

He's having a great game.  I'm going to enjoy it, and it's still an elite defensive performance regardless.  Hard to say 10 stocks isn't.

5 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

He's having a great game.  I'm going to enjoy it, and it's still an elite defensive performance regardless.  Hard to say 10 stocks isn't.

It's not technical. I just wanted to point out that he is a solid defender but there is more to defense than just stocks. 

5 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Didn't you know, guys like Kanter and Randle are seen as good defenders, because of their rebounding..........

37 minutes ago, Eleqtrique said:

Didn't you know, guys like Kanter and Randle are seen as good defenders, because of their rebounding..........

Except I didn't say that. I said u have to consider both stocks and rebounding as part of defense. :rolleyes: