Stefan

Myles Turner 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Just now, ovofnd said:

Dude, I read your update and freaked out. I’ve had so many injuries with all my players and that was the last straw. 

I literally told my fantasy chat group I’m out, none of my players can get healthy, and left the chat 😂

Now Turner is back baha.

Sorry, didn't mean to think the worst and freak you out.  With the way injuries have been going, my mind unfortunately automatically went to "vent mode".

He's back and already got another block, so in the end, I guess that's all that matters. :)

Myles is unfortunately becoming a master of getting mysterious injuries and missing time with them.  First he got a shoulder injury out of nowhere and missed a bit of time, and now he somehow bruised his hip in between the final game before the break and yesterday.  Pretty annoying, especially since these both have followed up him not missing any time after potentially serious injuries (the broken nose and then him nearly seriously hurting his knee while blocking a shot against the Cavs a couple of games ago.

Still, he's been so good for a while now and is such an important part of my team that it's not like he's going on my "Do Not Draft List" or something like that.  It'd just be nice to be able to keep getting his league leading blocks again.

Finally removes face mask.  Proceeds to miss 1st game after the ASB+rest for random injury.

3 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Still, he's been so good for a while now and is such an important part of my team that it's not like he's going on my "Do Not Draft List" or something like that.  It'd just be nice to be able to keep getting his league leading blocks again.

Yeah, I know how you feel.  It seems like Myles either literally wins you blocks one week, or loses you blocks the next (basically, if he has a weak schedule, or misses time due to injury, or you're simply relying on him for blocks and start messing with your team to address other weaknesses and he doesn't come through).  Right now, I'm barely ahead in blocks, so Myles' absence is seriously hurting.

23 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Been terrible since Oladipo injury which is weird

I wouldn't go that far.  He's reverted back to his early season ways offensively and on the boards in the last couple of weeks for whatever reason, but his defensive stats have been so good that it doesn't matter that much.  It's hard to complain much about a guy who's gone out there and averaged 3.5 Blocks and 1.8 Steals over the past week, with blocks in 11 straight games (averaging just over 3 per game over that span).

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

I wouldn't go that far.  He's reverted back to his early season ways offensively and on the boards in the last couple of weeks for whatever reason, but his defensive stats have been so good that it doesn't matter that much.  It's hard to complain much about a guy who's gone out there and averaged 3.5 Blocks and 1.8 Steals over the past week, with blocks in 11 straight games (averaging just over 3 per game over that span).

I’m thinking it’s cause bojan are taking a lot of shots since Oladipo went down

No love for his 7 blocks last night? Turner and M-Rob have been winning me the blocks category weekly. 👍

I agree, he must be box score watching to see what M. Rob is doing on a daily basis. He’s single handily winning that cat for me. 

On 3/6/2019 at 4:50 AM, Padilla814 said:

No love for his 7 blocks last night? Turner and M-Rob have been winning me the blocks category weekly. 👍

I was out all night and saw it when I got home, then forgot to post anything.  It was a mixed bag of a line until I got to the end of it, then it turned to "daaaaaamn!" 😀

It all evened out tonight.  He's having one hell of an all around game, so now they two games evened out into a nice all-around couple of games.  Still not the greatest FG% at the moment, but can't complain otherwise.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I was out all night and saw it when I got home, then forgot to post anything.  It was a mixed bag of a line until I got to the end of it, then it turned to "daaaaaamn!" 😀

It all evened out tonight.  He's having one hell of an all around game, so now they two games evened out into a nice all-around couple of games.  Still not the greatest FG% at the moment, but can't complain otherwise.

If only he didn't miss so many 3's tonight haha. Finished 4/11 from 3!

Edited by tobeyreichman18

On 3/7/2019 at 10:31 PM, tobeyreichman18 said:

If only he didn't miss so many 3's tonight haha. Finished 4/11 from 3!

Yeah, not sure why he kept chucking up 3's.  That's more than he attempted in the previous 4 games combined, and I would find it hard to believe it wasn't a career high.  It could have been because they were losing, but I doubt he chucked up most of those in the 4th quarter when the game was out of hand.  Oh well in the grand scheme of things.

1 hour ago, BrewCityBBQ said:

Whats up with this dudes fg%? Just horrible lately.

Watched basically the entire game today and the Knicks were just daring him to shoot every time he set a pick. Seems to be really lacking confidence--even when wide open, hesitant to take the shot.