Sign in to follow this  
Bandito

Trade for Mixon? (WHIR)

12 team PPR that also has 1 pt for every five rushes.  Keep 8 (or more) so approx. 100-110 total will be kept.

Mixon owner has him on the block, looking for picks or to consolidate his youth into more established players.  Theoretically, would Howard and a mid-range pick (or two) be enough to get Mixon?  I'm talking like 4th/5th round type picks.  Or is that not even close?  Just curious.  I know Mixon tends to be higher ranked.  Just didn't know if the picks were good enough to get anything done.  Also, he does have Mack available as well.

For the record, I'm looking at keeping Howard, Hyde and AJones.  I have the 1.04 and 1.05 picks, with which I was going to target rookie RBs.  However, there's an excellent chance I'll be able to swing a multi-part trade, part of which will be swapping the 1.05 for the 1.01 (hello, Saquon).

Leave your link!

Edited by Bandito

Mixon and Howard are the same tier imo although Mixon is the higher ceiling, lower floor guy. Mixon is over a year younger but Howard has the benefit of already having multiple top 15 seasons to his name in offenses that weren't half as talented as the offense is now with the offseason additions and changes in coaching. That all does place some question marks about his role but should improve his efficiency, TDs and reportedly they are going to try to get him to catch more passes which could more than make up for any hit he potentially takes. I don't think a 4th or 5th pick would have crazy value with so many keepers but I think its a nice throw-in for two guys that are about the same caliber and I think comes down to personal preference more than anything. However, the perception of Mixon as the younger, sexier guy with the better combine numbers and draft pedigree might lead the price to get a little unreasonable. 

Edited by Jaw1
  • Thanks 1

I would never do this trade in particular.

Even though I would not advise, if you really want to get Mixon, I would trade Hyde and a 2nd or 3rd round pick to get him. 

I don't think this trade is necessary for your team. I would rather keep my picks and draft heavy on RBS if you want. Pick up someone like Ballage in the middle rounds and take the best available rb in the first round. Having Howard, Hyde, A-Jones and two rookie RBS with starting potential is enough to me in my eyes. Or if you do the trade I mentioned above, now your depth is great as well. 

• Thanks 1

Well that answered THAT!  

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

Mixon sucks?  lol don’t listen to these fools. Joe Mixon is a tremendous talent and this year could be a big one. Improvements in the team, full training camp and more reps the arrow is pointing up.  He has all the makings of a work horse back. He has he size, hands agility and speed. Going in the 3rd round you can possibly land an elite RB1. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fantasypros.com/2018/07/must-have-rb-joe-mixon-2018-fantasy-football/amp/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

Mixon sucks?  lol don’t listen to these fools. Joe Mixon is a tremendous talent and this year could be a big one. Improvements in the team, full training camp and more reps the arrow is pointing up.  He has all the makings of a work horse back. He has he size, hands agility and speed. Going in the 3rd round you can possibly land an elite RB1. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fantasypros.com/2018/07/must-have-rb-joe-mixon-2018-fantasy-football/amp/

That doesn't answer the question though... would you trade Howard and a pick for mixon?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

That doesn't answer the question though... would you trade Howard and a pick for mixon?

yeah I’d do it but that’s becauss I’m big on Mixon this year, especially in ppr. But can’t knock if you go the other way considering the pick that is involved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like Mixon but I see Howard and Mixon in the same tier.  Maybe you could package Aaron Jones with a draft pick for Mixon? Or Hyde. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, GreatScott! said:

I like Mixon but I see Howard and Mixon in the same tier.  Maybe you could package Aaron Jones with a draft pick for Mixon? Or Hyde. 

I'm wondering about trying to move Hyde, actually.  I was planning to keep Howard, Hyde and Jones, then add Saquon and another rookie RB at 1.04.  Maybe in this situation, moving Hyde to be clear of the Cleveland committee is the way to go.  Or else use the 1.04 on Chubb and own the Cleveland backfield going forward.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bandito said:

I'm wondering about trying to move Hyde, actually.  I was planning to keep Howard, Hyde and Jones, then add Saquon and another rookie RB at 1.04.  Maybe in this situation, moving Hyde to be clear of the Cleveland committee is the way to go.  Or else use the 1.04 on Chubb and own the Cleveland backfield going forward.

I think between Hyde, Chubb and Duke that it will be hard to figure out week to week which one is the productive one to start. 

3 hours ago, GreatScott! said:

I think between Hyde, Chubb and Duke that it will be hard to figure out week to week which one is the productive one to start. 

Agreed. That would be a move with an eye toward 2019.