Sign in to follow this  
CharlieWhitehurst

Dynasty Trade: Is G. Allison worth the risk?

12 team  .5 ppr dynasty league.

I won last year so I have last pick (lottery style, 8 rounds) in rookie draft. 

Our roster formation with who I have in bold consists of:

1QB - Big Ben, Stafford, Jimmy G., Tannehill

1RB - Gurley, Bell, Drake, Conner, McGuire

2WR - Fitz, A. Cooper, Ted Ginn, Ryan Grant, Keelan Cole, Terrance Williams

1TE - Rudolph, Graham, Ricky-Seals-Jones

3 FLEX (wr/r, wr/te, we/r/te)

1 LB - B. Martinez, L. David, Shazier (IR)

1 DE/DT - 0***

1 DB - 0 ***

15 Bench (no taxi squad)

***We voted in our annual charter to change from 2IDPS  to 1LB, 1DE/DT, AND 1DB, so many people in our league do not have anyone on defense besides LBS for tackles. We did this to take the randomness out of IDP playing and giving teams with bad offenses to have a better chance of racking up some points.***

Here's the trade:

I trade: Kenyan Drake

I receive: Geronimo Allison, J. Clowney (DE), and 3rd round pick (he received the first pick in our lottery). 

I believe he would be highly overpaying for Kenyan Drake, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something before I accept because he jumped on the opportunity immediately when I offered (we have to send our ledger to the commissioner). He was the only person in the league who drafted a ton of IDPS.  My plan is to grab Ballage and bets available WR in the 2.12 and 3.1 rounds. 

I'm probably going to grab best available WR in the 1.12 as well.

What do you guys think?

Edited by CharlieWhitehurst

I dont play IDP, but would rather have Drake than Allison and a 3rd rounder.

I don't have the most faith in Drake for several reasons, but Allison is definitely a big risk right now.  I could see him having a solid year, but he's clearly the WR3 in that offense and they just signed Graham as well.

I'm not sure how valuable Clowney is or really know anything about IDP but unless he is in the top tier of his position and there is considerable drop off afterward I don't like it. Allison could have a big year but I don't think I want to bet this much on it. Your lineup already isn't the deepest with no clear favorite for your 3rd flex position and trading Drake just makes things more questionable (I'm not convinced anybody you get in 3rd round will be much better than your current 3rd flex options either). I like picking up Ballage regardless (you can't teach his size and speed and he already has good hands if he can improve his running IQ then watch out). 

If it is a 1QB league I'm not certain why you are rostering 4 QBs. No need for Big Ben, Jimmy G and Stafford (at most 2 of them) when you could use better RB and WR depth I'd see if you can get something for one of them. 

Edited by Jaw1

Allison is still a huge question mark, so I wouldn't make that trade.  I'm not very high on Drake, but I feel like you should keep him in this trade. 

My first answer was that I would probably trade a stale cookie and a bag of chips for Drake... But then I saw the options, and I think I keep Drake.

Jaw is right btw (as usual) that your roster seems very unbalanced. Given your flex positions I'd keep Drake and start shopping your QBs.

10 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

I'm not sure how valuable Clowney is or really know anything about IDP but unless he is in the top tier of his position and there is considerable drop off afterward I don't like it. Allison could have a big year but I don't think I want to bet this much on it. Your lineup already isn't the deepest with no clear favorite for your 3rd flex position and trading Drake just makes things more questionable (I'm not convinced anybody you get in 3rd round will be much better than your current 3rd flex options either). I like picking up Ballage regardless (you can't teach his size and speed and he already has good hands if he can improve his running IQ then watch out). 

If it is a 1QB league I'm not certain why you are rostering 4 QBs. No need for Big Ben, Jimmy G and Stafford (at most 2 of them) when you could use better RB and WR depth I'd see if you can get something for one of them. 

Yeah tannehill is going when I cut for rookies (we don’t have a taxi squad). I picked him up as insurance as a free IR spot.

im currently shopping off jimmy g hoping for someone to over-pay for him due to hype.

I ended up taking the trade simply because I need to build depth in other positions. Plan is to pick up one RB and my depth at that position is solid for the minimum 7 years (bell, Gurley- with only one RB slot to have to fill). Trying to increase my WR depth. Even if G Allison is a wr3 this year, he’s young and is a proven talent when in the field- I think in the long run he’ll be worth it.

I needed a DE spot filled cause we changed IDPS to certain positions this offseason and I think clowney will have a huge year.

I have a feeling drake is going to committee so I was using this trade as a sell high. Hopefully I am right- but I plan on taking Ballage earlier than his ADP suggests as planned leverage- cause the guy who I traded drake to has nobody at Rb besides drake and gio Bernard. 

Edited by CharlieWhitehurst