BetterCallHinkie

Tobias Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook

He cracked top 50 last year with career highs in points, threes and assists. This season will be the first time he becomes the number 1 option on a team and will no longer be playing alongside rebounding black holes. He’s always been a career 1.5 in stocks and I dont see the needle moving there. But he could easily eclipes 20 ppg and improve on his rebounding numbers while providing continued superb efficiency. Contract narrative aside, could this be the year we finally stop calling him “Princess Tobias”?

Edited by BetterCallHinkie

Will target him... if the price isn't too high...  
BTW Clippers are STACKED team... a lot of mouths to feed... 

• Confused 1

He could score 20ppg this year with 6 rebs and 2.5 threes of elite efficiency.  His lack of stocks and assists will always cap his potential, however.  He's also over his fragile days and played 80 games last season.  I rated him as a top 40 player who will be underdrafted due to a lack of name recognition.  

• Like 3

Stacked is an interesting term for them.  Milos is an exciting passer but can’t defend a chair.  PatBev can make up for Milos’ defensive deficiencies assuming he is healthy.  Gallo is basically the original Tobias assuming he’s healthy.  As I have him as a keeper I just hope he plays some games because when he plays he’s good.  But recently him playing games isn’t a guarantee.  If he loses another year to injury I’m just dropping him.  Tobias is their “star” and while he’s a good player....lol at him being a franchise player.   Gortat is old af and will probably be supplanted by Harrell.  Harrell will be lucky to get 12/6/1 with good efficiency.  Bradley has some value when healthy but he’s basically a dime a dozen 3 and D player.  LouWill is the best sixth man in the league and hasn’t had recent injury history.  

So if you throw out the huge injury risks, old players, and players who can’t play defense you don’t have anyone left.  If you just throw out the old players and injury prone players you basically just have LouWill and Tobias scoring 20ppg and being good for fantasy while just giving up 20ppg on the other end of the court.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

:huh:

(By stacked) I mean... a few player that will demand the ball in their hands... Lou, Gallo, Teo... maybe  Bradley and Gortat... 

Everybody will try to get theirs. . . IDK...  someone will have to sacrifice a little 4 the team... 

Edited by Stefan

2 minutes ago, Stefan said:

(By stacked) I mean... a few player that will demand the ball in their hands... Lou, Gallo, Teo... maybe  Bradley and Gortat... 

Everybody will try to get theirs. . . IDK... 

Only half of them will be playing by seasons end though. 

3 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Only half of them will be playing by seasons end though. 

Yes. That might be true... but we don't know that... 4sure.

Tobi is gonna be fine... I just don't know will he be any better that last year...  ?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

Yeah last year was pretty much the perfect storm for him. Beverly out for the season, Gallinari in & out of the rotation, Wesley Johnson regression and Bradley being hurt as well.

• Like 1

Only thing that could limit him would be Gallinari, Wes Johnson is straight trash and always has been lol. Tobias is gonna eat this year and hover around top 40 per the usual target in the 4th and don't let him slip pass the 5th.

Better suited for teams that will need 3 pointers and decent %

• Like 5

Last season he went from a career 35%, 3 attempts per game kind of three point shooter to a hugely improved 40%, 5 attempts per game guy.  

This tends not to be a fluctuating skill.  So expect the improvement to last and him to do the same.  His play making and points (both career highs) might take a slight hit from competition, but the 4th round is an excellent position to take Tobias Harris.  High efficiency and low turnover playing style is very fantasy friendly.  

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:15 AM, greatestmetfan said:

Only thing that could limit him would be Gallinari, Wes Johnson is straight trash and always has been lol. Tobias is gonna eat this year and hover around top 40 per the usual target in the 4th and don't let him slip pass the 5th.

Better suited for teams that will need 3 pointers and decent %

No chance in hell Gallinari will stand in his way. Galo is never healthy

• Like 2

Just finished my draft and got Harris in the 4th round. I got jokic, dipo and capela with my first 3 picks and I think Tobias is a good rounding out of the top 40 and let's me hit most of the major categories without really hurting anywhere 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Just finished my draft and got Harris in the 4th round. I got jokic, dipo and capela with my first 3 picks and I think Tobias is a good rounding out of the top 40 and let's me hit most of the major categories without really hurting anywhere 

Tobias in 4th round is a normal pick but how the hell you got Dipo and Capela? If I guess Jokic was 7th-9th pick, then it means you got Dipo outside TOP15 and Capela outside TOP30. That is strange...

12 minutes ago, apatas said:

Tobias in 4th round is a normal pick but how the hell you got Dipo and Capela? If I guess Jokic was 7th-9th pick, then it means you got Dipo outside TOP15 and Capela outside TOP30. That is strange...

I got Jokic at 6, Dipo right at 15 and Capela at 26. Drummond, Draymond, Jrue and K-Love went right before Capela.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

I got Jokic at 6, Dipo right at 15 and Capela at 26. Drummond, Draymond, Jrue and K-Love went right before Capela.

OK, it was 10-team league, then Dipo 15 is maybe late (should have been taken), but Capela at 26 is OK. I thought you got him 30+.

If the Clippers don't trade Tobias at the deadline, or trade for another high-usage player (i.e Butler), then we're looking at a career season. So many stars are ready to align. In a few bullets:

- Doc Rivers has already told us that he will have a breakout year

- He's in a contract year. He turned down $80 million. He wants to get PAID. 

- He averaged 34.5 mpg last year with the Clippers. As shown by the 41 last night as well, Doc will be playing him plenty

- The Clippers broadcast last night eluded to the fact that the Clips made Tobias getting to the FT line more a priority. He's a career 81% FT shooter who went to the line 6 times last night. He averaged 3.6 to 4.1 per year in Orlando, but dropped down with the Pistons. If he's back at the 4.0 range this year, that's more free points.

- DeAndre Jordan is gone. There will be rebounds to be had. 

- I think Doc trusts him more than any other player on this team. And this is a team that isn't exactly loaded with playmakers. I think Tobias stands a good shot at matching or exceeding his 3.1 apg average with the Clips last year.

Add everything together, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Tobias in the top 30 range. I think that 20-7-3 with 2+ 3's, 1+ steals, 0.6+ blocks, 46%+ fg, and 80%+ ft on increased attempts are reasonable expectations. Looking forward to owning him this year, I have some pretty high hopes here. 

Edited by Red Sox Nation
  • Like 5

Yeah agreed with everyone, he's in a contract year, been improving every year and is by far the best offensive player on the team. I don't think the Clippers are eyeing a tank and they might have a chance to squeak into the playoffs - he's gonna go all-out and put up some big numbers. Don't sell high, just sit back and enjoy the ride 

4 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Yeah agreed with everyone, he's in a contract year, been improving every year and is by far the best offensive player on the team. I don't think the Clippers are eyeing a tank and they might have a chance to squeak into the playoffs - he's gonna go all-out and put up some big numbers. Don't sell high, just sit back and enjoy the ride 

1-GS

2-HOU

3-UTA

4-LA

5-POR

6-SA

7-8-9-10-11- OKC, NOP, DEN, LAC, MEM or DAL or MIN

I too think they won't tank... but they won't be making playoffs either... at best unsuccessful 8 seed fight... 

14 minutes ago, Stefan said:

1-GS

2-HOU

3-UTA

4-LA

5-POR

6-SA

7-8-9-10-11- OKC, NOP, DEN, LAC, MEM or DAL or MIN

I too think they won't tank... but they won't be making playoffs either... at best unsuccessful 8 seed fight... 

Pels will make the playoffs. I give them a decent shot at 3rd seed TBH. AD might win MVP this year. I was a Cousins fantasy owner and while he's obviously great, I think he held them back at times. There's a reason they took off after his injury. 

As far as the Clippers, maybe they don't tank but i have no idea how they compete for the playoffs. There's just not a ton of high-end talent. It's a bunch of solid role players who many teams would love to have, but no real star. That's part of the allure for Harris in fantasy. At the moment, this is basically his team. Whether they tank or not (I do think they're too good to be a tank level team) it shouldn't really affect a 26 year old that they want to re-sign and keep as a cornerstone. 

Edited by Red Sox Nation
  • Like 1