BetterCallHinkie

Tobias Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook

11 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

But is he playing? Tyler Jonhson is set to go. How about him

All signs point to the Tobi and Bobi show on full display tonite...press conference check...trade finalized...all set...they even ran the famous Rocky stairs together...its time to ace the chemistry class now...lets goooooooooooooooooooooooooo

br:wub:therly love time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ironic how BetterCallHinkie started the Tobias forum this year and now he's on the 6ers because of Hinkie's process...love a great bookend...go 6ers...

• Haha 1

I'm calling it right now - Tobias will exceed everyone's expectations and will make all those who prematurely traded him regret it.  I speak as someone who has been trying and unable to trade him prematurely, so my optimism for him right now through the roof!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I acquired Tobi right before he was traded to Philly, which was unfortunate because I already owned Embiid, Butler, and Redick. 

Wanted to hold out and see how he would produce as the 4th option, and it looks like last night's performance is a pretty good indication of his reduced output ROS (around 15pts, 6reb on good efficiency?).

I decided I couldn't stomach having 4 Sixers on my team at once so I sent him and CJ out in exchange for Vucevic - good trade or too hasty of a decision? 

Punt AST 8-team H2H

Edited by Qartan

I like that trade, but would have maybe waited out a few games to see what Tobias's role really is.

15 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Simmons been terrible the last two games too

18 minutes ago, brosephd said:

looks like jimmy butler's the biggest loser

Two game sample. Was sorta' concerned about Harris, not anymore. This dude just keeps chuggin along. 

I don't really believe in him maintaining 20 PPG and he definitely won't have lines like this on the regular but nice game.  (I'm salty because he's rostered for a team that's ahead of me can ya tell?)

Simmons is the loser because he’s so limited offensively they simply don’t need him to do anything but pass. Lebron was leaving him practically unguarded all game

Edited by Purple Hippo

Meh tonight's just an off shooting night from what I can tell. if he knocks down 2 of his 5 attempted 3pointers and another of his 2pointer to put him around him his normal efficiency he'd have 18 and 8 which is fine

On 2/8/2019 at 12:15 PM, Purple Hippo said:

I’m starting to feel more optimistic about the trade then when it first happened.

Remember that the Clips also have three pretty high usage players in Gallo, Lou and Harrell.  The Sixers threesome is obviously much better but Simmons and Butler are also much better passers than Lou and Gallo. I’m also thinking Embiid and Butler are good candidates to sit games in the second half with the many minor injuries they seem to accumulate. I guess we’ll see soon enough how this works out but I believe in my man Toby.

Early returns so far - Tobias is only averaging about one shot attempt less than he did in his LAC days since the trade. And now Embiid is out for at least a week as I predicted above so Toby’s usage should see an uptick. I think all the early panic was a little overblown. 

10 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Early returns so far - Tobias is only averaging about one shot attempt less than he did in his LAC days since the trade. And now Embiid is out for at least a week as I predicted above so Toby’s usage should see an uptick. I think all the early panic was a little overblown. 

Probably right... I dealt him unfortunately in a package as a way to offload AD when things were looking super dire (to a team that I'm betting against making the playoffs which may come back to bite me if AD and Toby resume their Balla status). Hoping the best for him, and more importantly Jimmy's role. I'd bet dolllars to donuts that they resign Tobias and not Jimmy this offseason unless they win it all and want to keep the band together. 

Edited by RCRanger03

Final take on this , Tobias should be about the same player for fantasy purposes , beside the 30 point explosions he tends to have on the clippers every so often , top 40 rest of the way and could creep up higher depending on his turnovers , wouldn’t be shocked to see that number head under 1

5 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Final take on this , Tobias should be about the same player for fantasy purposes , beside the 30 point explosions he tends to have on the clippers every so often , top 40 rest of the way and could creep up higher depending on his turnovers , wouldn’t be shocked to see that number head under 1

76ers need Tobias on the floor for spacing/shooting, while butler is a better defender and facilitator, he's the best shooter in the starting 5, over 40%

Edited by DezedandConfused

This guy is never gonna shoot below 50% from the field again LOL

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

This guy is never gonna shoot below 50% from the field again LOL

That was always going to be the 1 positive. And the Embiid injury/resting issue was the one thing many Harris owners were semi-counting on to offset the 2 shot attempts a game he was going to lose. 

He's basically just become a slightly less explosive/slightly more efficient version of himself. 

• Like 1

If only he didn't have a 3-3-3 playoff schedule I'd be at complete ease as an owner, but considering how wonderful a player he is, I will ride him into battle. 

1 minute ago, Golden Spikes said:

Why did the Clippers just give this guy away?

I think the better question is why do teams just give this guy away?

17 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

I think the better question is why do teams just give this guy away?

I mean I get the Clippers want to get in on the stars like Kawhi, but what has he done in the last 3 years?  Tobias is better than him and actually plays the game

Just now, Golden Spikes said:

I mean I get the Clippers want to get in on the stars like Kawhi, but what has he done in the last 3 years?  Tobias is better than him and actually plays the game

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves now lol. Kawhi is def way better than Tobias in real life