BetterCallHinkie

Tobias Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves now lol. Kawhi is def way better than Tobias in real life 

Facts but I still wouldn’t mind paying Tobias 5 years 100mil , signing Tobias and Kawhi this summer would of been amazing for the clippers , I guess they can still do that this summer lol

Edited by Simsanityy179

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know he’s doing it while Embiid is injured, but it’s kinda amazing his numbers have actually *improved* since the trade.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves now lol. Kawhi is def way better than Tobias in real life 

if hes playing or feels like playing this week

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 5:15 PM, brosephd said:

looks like jimmy butler's the biggest loser

Agree. Big mouth Jimmy Buckets. Liked him Chi say 3 seasons ago, but he has wore his welcome out everywhere trying to get paid. Be interesting to see what Philly does with him in the off season. Like I stated before, he's like the 4th cog there now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves now lol. Kawhi is def way better than Tobias in real life 

Wouldn't say way better, but he is better. His defense is what makes him better. Though Harris is no slouch on the boards either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

I know he’s doing it while Embiid is injured, but it’s kinda amazing his numbers have actually *improved* since the trade.

 

It's a great sign that he is already proven to be an important piece of their offense and not just brought in as a role player. 

There is also a decent chance Embiid may sit a game or two (or have his minutes reduced) in the fantasy playoffs which could offset some down games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

Wouldn't say way better, but he is better. His defense is what makes him better. Though Harris is no slouch on the boards either. 

Kawhi is 50x better than Tobias man please. Kawhi maybe could have beaten golden state if he didn't get injured, remember he was dominating them game 1, shutting down KD, and winning the game easily and then he got injured in the 3rd and they lost the game and then he was out rest of series. Lebron can't even do that to Golden State. 

Playoff Kawhi is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league. Will shut down other teams best player and be the best offensive player on the floor 95% of the games he plays. Don't judge Kawhi's ability based on him sitting a lot of games in Toronto that don't mean anything in the regular season. If he is healthy and gives 100% effort, which I think he will, Raptors will win the East because of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Kawhi is 50x better than Tobias man please. Kawhi maybe could have beaten golden state if he didn't get injured, remember he was dominating them game 1, shutting down KD, and winning the game easily and then he got injured in the 3rd and they lost the game and then he was out rest of series. Lebron can't even do that to Golden State. 

Playoff Kawhi is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league. Will shut down other teams best player and be the best offensive player on the floor 95% of the games he plays. Don't judge Kawhi's ability based on him sitting a lot of games in Toronto that don't mean anything in the regular season. If he is healthy and gives 100% effort, which I think he will, Raptors will win the East because of him. 

Oh no, not judging him on sitting, I know what he can do, but Harris where ever he goes he balls out. He not shut down like Kahwi, but "50x better", c'mon or "way better".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

Oh no, not judging him on sitting, I know what he can do, but Harris where ever he goes he balls out. He not shut down like Kahwi, but "50x better", c'mon or "way better".

tobias cant be the main guy in a championship team tho. That's why hes been all over the league. Hes a great piece but I would def argue that Kawhi is way better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 9:15 AM, mcflywalker said:

Don’t worry, as a gallo owner it’s not leaps and bounds better either. Because of this trade, Gallo might be shut down for the clippers’ tank, and if they trade him to NO for AD, the shut down could happen even sooner.

 

On 2/6/2019 at 10:02 AM, Eleqtrique said:

 

It's that simple. Don't know why people are arguing with how many wins they currently have. 

 

Tanking doesn't just mean that you're gunning for the 1st pick overall. They want to keep their pick and yeah, if they can get a top 10 pick they'd be pretty happy. 

 

The Clips want to keep their pick as it would be an additional asset moving forward. They don't want to make the playoffs. They were just better than anticipated while other teams were a bit underwhelming. The 8th seed gets them a loss of a first round pick and a 4-0 whooping against the Warriors. You know LeBron is gunning for the playoffs and they will make it. 

 

Jerry West isn't done making moves. 

 

Clippers are doing a pretty awful job at tanking eh?

In all seriousness, after how bleak things, this is probably the best case scenario that could have happened. Both Tobias and Gallo have been killing it since the trade. Fantasy basketball is funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

 

 

Clippers are doing a pretty awful job at tanking eh?

In all seriousness, after how bleak things, this is probably the best case scenario that could have happened. Both Tobias and Gallo have been killing it since the trade. Fantasy basketball is funny. 

 

Yeah, I remember arguing with these guys. You were one of the few, with me, saying it was nuts to assume they were tanking. It wasn't like they were going to get to keep the 1st round pick and that was that. They just would have had to give up the following year's 1st round pick instead. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.