BetterCallHinkie

Tobias Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Way too looked over as a player because he isn't such a big name.  If you could entice someone with a flashy rookie or package someone with upside I'd take a shot before its too late

It is crazy this guy will be like 0/4 or 0/5 to start or in stretches and then he makes like 6 shots in a row everytime after that 

Minutes up and usage up. Playing bully ball when smaller guys defend him, going right past bigger guys. Loving his role so far. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 2:02 AM, fantasm said:

should i trade harris for love?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

On 10/22/2018 at 8:02 PM, fantasm said:

Nope, i like Harris. Love always gets injured and who knows, once Cavs realize how bad they are, they might decide to tank and start giving him rest days or shut him down later in the season.

• Thanks 1

if i have westbrook or harden, maybe i would swap love for harris.  tobias has been solid so far.

Back to back solid games without playing a single minute in the 4th quarter in either game!!! Come on Clipps, you'll suppose suck!!! 

• Haha 1

i lost by 2 assists. i know i'm nitpicking but damn it's crazy how some players can go a full game without one or two assists. 

I feel like he's losing too much usage to Gallinari, who's not even the sturdiest player. I wish Gallo well, but if he goes down (and history is on this side of the argument), Tobias can approach top-20 value

1 hour ago, ellejamil said:

I feel like he's losing too much usage to Gallinari, who's not even the sturdiest player. I wish Gallo well, but if he goes down (and history is on this side of the argument), Tobias can approach top-20 value

As a Gallo owner I hope this is the year he finally stays healthy a full season!   Tobias is a very consistent and safe player that's going to get his every night. You can pencil him for a couple treys, 20 points, 10 boards, and a sprinkle of the other stats on every start, so I wouldn't worry about Gallo taking anything away from him. I actually think that if Gallo were to go down, and Harris suddenly becomes the lone alpha there, that his efficiency numbers would suffer.

13 minutes ago, Ajax said:

As a Gallo owner I hope this is the year he finally stays healthy a full season!   Tobias is a very consistent and safe player that's going to get his every night. You can pencil him for a couple treys, 20 points, 10 boards, and a sprinkle of the other stats on every start, so I wouldn't worry about Gallo taking anything away from him. I actually think that if Gallo were to go down, and Harris suddenly becomes the lone alpha there, that his efficiency numbers would suffer.

I remember owning him during his most recent health season (15-16 I think), he was top-40. Anchored my FT% pretty well. He really can elevate the Clippers to a playoff contending team

6 hours ago, ellejamil said:

It's good for Harris to have Gallo next to him. There needs to be a balance. The lineup is perfect with 3 low usage guys + Harris and Gallo.

2 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

It's good for Harris to have Gallo next to him. There needs to be a balance. The lineup is perfect with 3 low usage guys + Harris and Gallo.

Agreed. Without Gallo, clips really don't have any offensive weapons in the starting unit. If defenses focus all their energy on Tobias, his fg% would start to suffer and his efficiency is one of his biggest contributions. 

On 10/22/2018 at 5:02 PM, fantasm said:

Hope you didn’t...

Edited by Boner
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

didn't harris go off last year when gallo was out after he was traded and acclimated to the clippers. granted DJ was there and Lou was MIP. 

12 hours ago, ellejamil said:

Tobias Harris is currently taking 15.8 shots and 5.3 free throws per game, while holding a 24.4% usage rate. All three would represent career highs. Gallo only helps imo, gives this team one other offensive threat. I'd personally be very happy with the role Tobias is playing, and I'd expect him to have a huge fantasy season if he stays healthy. 

• Thanks 1

"Tobias Harris (illness) is questionable for Thursday's game vs. the Blazers.

Advice: He didn't go through shootaround and could be headed for a game-time decision tonight. Danilo Gallinari would likely gain the most usage in his absence, while Mike Scott would also step into a significantly bigger role. We'll know more closer to tip-off."

1. Bruh, I hope he plays. I'm going against a team with Gallo tonight. If he goes off tonight with Harris out... <_<
Edited by aijuswanaseing