BetterCallHinkie

Tobias Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

Thinking same thing they have no forwards 

lol, we're all thinking the same thing.  But it's good for Gallo and Harrell owners.  And IRL Sixer fans.  Sorry for you Toby fans who lose 2 games in the playoffs though.  I do think his already stellar efficiency should improve, since the Sixers' big three are all great passers, and since outside of Redick (as shown today), they have no shooters.

Just dunno who plays the 3 for the Clips.  Even if SGA is tall, he's too skinny.  Wilson Chandler might play SF but he's too injury prone.  Ditto for Gallo.  I'm personally betting that it's a timeshare of weird 3 guard lineups with Bradley and SGA getting time there.  :/  Erg.

11 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Clippers didn’t know what to do being less of a joke than the Lakers so they panicked.

Wut. That Miami pick is likely a top 7 pick. Sixers gave up a lot. 

/whispers: and also position themselves in AD bidding 

21 minutes ago, tobeyreichman18 said:

Maybe Avery Bradley is the pickup? Is it possible Shai plays more too since he is so tall and maybe can shift down a position?

Avery Bradley is Doo Doo. 

• Thanks 1

Don't really see a pickup here if the Clips don't make anther move.

They could play 3 guard lineups more with Lou-Shai-Beverley-Bradley but that won't necessarily increase Shaq or Bradley's value since they are just role players. The biggest beneficiary is probably Harrell because they will need his offense even more now. 

Just now, brickcitymamba said:

Is there any chance of the move not destroying his production as much as feared? Staggering lineups in a certain manner, etc.

When Gallo returns production will dip a lil  but he has been top 25-30 with him so not worried at all.

Just now, DezedandConfused said:

When Gallo returns production will dip a lil  but he has been top 25-30 with him so not worried at all.

Ohh just saw the trade 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Damn good haul I guess for the clippers for pending FA but that's 2 stars the clippers have traded, teams cant complain about players and loyalty lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Is there any chance of the move not destroying his production as much as feared? Staggering lineups in a certain manner, etc.

I think it will, unless Simmons stops scoring completely ala Draymond. The best comparison I can think of of a team with 3-4 stars scoring 20ppg apiece are the Warriors. Not a big drop-off in scoring (18-20ppg), but if he's utilized as a stretch 4 (because Simmons), rebounds may drop off to 5-6. Efficiency will be there and hopefully an uptick in defensive stats. His ceiling is now much lower, and in order for him to stay within 20-30 range, he has to develop defensive stats.

I have a nap for an hour after work and a trade goes down... what on earth.

Bloody half asleep and trying to figure out what it going on

19 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Bloody half asleep and trying to figure out what it going on

should still be solid but won't be anything like with the clips. BARF.

33 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Should be just happy that no colleague tried to shove a cucumber up there while you were out. 

Just now, NBA_OG said:

Should be just happy that no colleague tried to shove a cucumber up there while you were out. 

I came home..

But not sure what kind of colleagues you have mate.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, ellejamil said:

MOTLEY.

This is what I was thinking :ph34r:

Sidenote: 

Go 6eeeeeersssss baby! Woohoooooooooooo...Lets gooooooooooooooooooooo

Edited by dfstout

WOW! Just woke up to this. For fantasy, I have Tobias (Embiid too) and he will definitely take a scoring hit. I think all of their big 4 will take a scoring hit.

For real life, I love this trade for the Sixers. Risky giving up 2 first round picks (one being the coveted Miami pick), but I like that they are going for it. This could really put them over the top in the East. And for the Clips, maybe the Clips are going to use those picks in an AD deal centered around SGA and a bunch of picks.

Tobias will take a massive hit. Just look at what happened to Butler since joining the Sixers.  

21 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

Tobias will take a massive hit. Just look at what happened to Butler since joining the Sixers.  

Yep.  I can see that but if he keeps up his percentages and gives me at least 20 PPG with some boards and assists, I'll be happy.  If he develops some defensive stats, that will be good too.  I wonder if Philly will experiment with having Harris run with the second unit sometimes.  He can help Philly preserve Embidd and Simmons during games where Harris can run the offense. 

It isn't all doom and gloom but his value will take a hit.  But he has potential in some games to go off if they are resting any of their players.