BetterCallHinkie

Tobias Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook

As a double owner I want Jimmy to be mostly running the second unit with Tobias the bridge between the first and second unit

He already had a strong field goal percentage but can he tick up a bit with less defensive attention or is he so efficient there isn't much room to improve at this point?

7 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

He already had a strong field goal percentage but can he tick up a bit with less defensive attention or is he so efficient there isn't much room to improve at this point?

Efficiency can definitely go up. He was posting 50% fg with most of the defensive attention on him. Now with 3 all-star caliber players all commanding attention, I wouldn't even be surprised if it shoots up to like 54-55%. I also think defensive numbers might go up now that he doesn't have to spend so much time creating his own shots. Maybe even assists with better teammates around? he was showing flashes of playmaking when Gallo went down.

His scoring will dip, no getting around that, but I think he'll be a more "complete" package.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Efficiency can definitely go up. He was posting 50% fg with most of the defensive attention on him. Now with 3 all-star caliber players all commanding attention, I wouldn't even be surprised if it shoots up to like 54-55%. I also think defensive numbers might go up now that he doesn't have to spend so much time creating his own shots. Maybe even assists with better teammates around? he was showing flashes of playmaking when Gallo went down.

His scoring will dip, no getting around that, but I think he'll be a more "complete" package.

Draymond Green, Klay Thompson and Boogie all seem to be pretty solid fantasy options despite playing with Curry/Durant. And Simmons is not a shooter so I am not too worried about him getting in the way of Harris shot attempts. 

Like you said, the scoring will drop, but I am not sold on the fact that this is the end of Harris. I wouldn't be trading for him, but I am not looking to panic and sell low either. 

Plus, if he manages to play Friday, that would give him 1 extra game this season since the Sixers have played 1 fewer games thus far than the Clippers. 

Edit to note that Butler's scoring is down now playing with Embiid, but his overall numbers haven't taken too big of a hit since his FGpct is better than normal, his FTpct is better than the past (not sure if that can be attributed to being on a better team). The rest of his numbers are pretty close to what he has done in the past. 

Edited by wideopen21

4 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

The %s were already good so the good percentages thing is not really a thing. Lower volume will mean it boosts our percentages less. No way he doesn't get a BIG hit. Rebounds, Points, Assists down. Only thing that can go up is threes.

Exactly!!!

4 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

The %s were already good so the good percentages thing is not really a thing. Lower volume will mean it boosts our percentages less. No way he doesn't get a BIG hit. Rebounds, Points, Assists down. Only thing that can go up is threes.

Good pcts, can get better. It's not like he was capped at 49pct. Plus, there is a chance he was going to regress to his more normal 47pct shooting and now he won't. 

It's also possible he doesn't fit well with the team and even his pcts drop. 

Either way, we should probably wait a game or two before making any conclusions about how this will effect Harris ROS

My biggest concern is this 6ers team becoming too dominant with a 4 all-star lineup in a weak east, and their starters getting less minutes due to blowouts.  If this move a huge boost to 6ers, Toby's minutes are going to dip along with all of their other starters. 

I think he'll be the second leading scorer on this team. He's the teams second best shooter behind reddick. He'll obviously eat some shots away from reddick and simmons. I also think his defensive stats will go up. So i see a slight uptick in defensive stats + maybe a slight uptick in scoring while boards and playmaking stats going down.

32 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

I think he'll be the second leading scorer on this team. He's the teams second best shooter behind reddick. He'll obviously eat some shots away from reddick and simmons. I also think his defensive stats will go up. So i see a slight uptick in defensive stats + maybe a slight uptick in scoring while boards and playmaking stats going down.

doubtful. embiid, simmons, and butler all need the ball. theres a huge chance he becomes a spot up shooter like Dario and chandler was. his rebounds will go down too.

34 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

arnold schwarzenegger no chance GIF

At the end of the day, his overall numbers will suffer (which is obvious, I know).  Match that with a poor playoff schedule, and you have a pretty sticky predicament.  The ideal outcome, personally speaking, is Tobias starting out strong on the team, assuaging fears of other players in your league, and then selling high (if for anything else, a better playoff schedule).  Of the top of my head, I feel it might not be out of the realm of possibility to get someone like Fox.

3 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

At the end of the day, his overall numbers will suffer (which is obvious, I know).  Match that with a poor playoff schedule, and you have a pretty sticky predicament.  The ideal outcome, personally speaking, is Tobias starting out strong on the team, assuaging fears of other players in your league, and then selling high (if for anything else, a better playoff schedule).  Of the top of my head, I feel it might not be out of the realm of possibility to get someone like Fox.

Read my mind, Just sent out for Fox.

1 hour ago, stickman786 said:

Embiid definitely needs the ball. Simmons def doesn’t. Someone who cant shoot from more than 10+ feet should be happy being a facilitator. Butler will need touches but seems like he sits out half the games anyway.

Edited by Purple Hippo

1 hour ago, Purple Hippo said:

Embiid definitely needs the ball. Simmons def doesn’t. Someone who cant shoot from more than 10+ feet should be happy being a facilitator. Butler will need touches but seems like he sits out half the games anyway.

Simmons need the ball because he dictates the pace of the game. He won't need it to shoot but he'll need it to create shots. He usually creates shots for JJ though. If him and Tobias click. Jimmy might regress

Can't see this possibly working out well from a fantasy perspective, thankful I traded Butler away last month at least.

On 2/6/2019 at 2:24 PM, wideopen21 said:

Draymond Green, Klay Thompson and Boogie all seem to be pretty solid fantasy options despite playing with Curry/Durant. And Simmons is not a shooter so I am not too worried about him getting in the way of Harris shot attempts. 

Like you said, the scoring will drop, but I am not sold on the fact that this is the end of Harris. I wouldn't be trading for him, but I am not looking to panic and sell low either. 

Plus, if he manages to play Friday, that would give him 1 extra game this season since the Sixers have played 1 fewer games thus far than the Clippers. 

Edit to note that Butler's scoring is down now playing with Embiid, but his overall numbers haven't taken too big of a hit since his FGpct is better than normal, his FTpct is better than the past (not sure if that can be attributed to being on a better team). The rest of his numbers are pretty close to what he has done in the past. 

Better ROS outlook.... Harris or McCollum?

As a points owner he was averaging 23 in my league. I’m thinking this trade hurts him quit a bit. NBA deadline can kill or propel a fantasy team like no other league.

As a points owner he was averaging 23 in my league. I’m thinking this trade hurts him quit a bit. NBA deadline can kill or propel a fantasy team like no other league.

I’m starting to feel more optimistic about the trade then when it first happened.

Remember that the Clips also have three pretty high usage players in Gallo, Lou and Harrell.  The Sixers threesome is obviously much better but Simmons and Butler are also much better passers than Lou and Gallo. I’m also thinking Embiid and Butler are good candidates to sit games in the second half with the many minor injuries they seem to accumulate. I guess we’ll see soon enough how this works out but I believe in my man Toby.

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 2

But is he playing? Tyler Jonhson is set to go. How about him