Sign in to follow this  
RedDogNamedClippers

Carmelo Anthony 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I find it hard to believe another contender will pick him up after the disaster that was OKC and now Houston

He doesn't draw crowds anymore. He's proven to be a net negative on every team he's on. The end... I don't want to say it's definitely over, but I'm struggling to find another destination.

• Like 2

He will end up on the Warriors and win a championship somehow...

heck, they won one with Swaggy P.. they can get Melo a ring.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tremixt said:

I find it hard to believe another contender will pick him up after the disaster that was OKC and now Houston

He doesn't draw crowds anymore. He's proven to be a net negative on every team he's on. The end... I don't want to say it's definitely over, but I'm struggling to find another destination.

He'll definitely draw in Ice Cube's Big 3 league.

Not saying that as a negative. It's actually gaining some steam but they need huge names. He would actually fit right.

• Like 2

Yeah, and kudos to both OKC and especially HOU, for not only realizing, but pulling the plug on something they saw that just wasn't working...

I don't know how many times we've witnessed teams keeping a "bad-fit player" simply because they "used to be good".

I think Melo is done...If anything, he might join another playoff team, simply as a deep bench player or as a mentor.

He's been garbage for the past 2 seasons, and the dude is barely shooting over 40.0 FG% this season...He's attrocious on defense and refuses to actually take high % shots, instead, settling for turnaround jumpers or contested 3-pointers.

It's been a long time coming. Goodbye Melo.

And thank you for your service.

Damn y’all wrote off Melo that fast, he is capable of still hitting 6 threes in one game. The thing is Carmelo does need touches and even Chris Webber explained how GSW functions so well because all five players touch the ball. Rhythm develops and chemistry is formed based on trust, Melo can still play. Half the league can’t even put up 20+ points in a game let alone make 3-4 threes, his defense is bad tho it looks like he is unmotivated, but when he is part of the play he steps up on D. You can’t have harden have a dribbling exhibition 20 seconds off the clock then pass to melo for a shot. It’s the diva mentality that has John Wall and the wizards at 2-9, Gsw the only team to knock the ego out and play together. 

7 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Ugh, he'll be a Laker before the end of the week probably. And gone by the end of the year.

Imagine if he went to the Warriors. 

• Like 1

Just now, XOrad10 said:

Imagine if he went to the Warriors. 

You have to think that after the Swaggy fiasco last year they don't want to add any more garbage, ball-stopping chuckers that don't play defense to their team.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jeffr913 said:

Worth a IL stash? someone just dropped 12 teamer league

no,don't fool by his name value

• Like 1

feel bad for him... picked after Darko and the only one with no ring of the top 5 in 2003 class... first time to come of the bench for a team and then gets tossed... he's already teamed up with Westbrook and Harden so why not add Durant...

Damn. To think that he averaged 24ppg and. his whole career except last year in okc. Even 22ppg in the 16-17 season. 

Can we hear from the Melo believers out there??

43 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Can we hear from the Melo believers out there??

I don’t think Mary or La La Anthony are active participants in this forum. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, CityBaller8 said:

Damn y’all wrote off Melo that fast...

Yes, I wrote him off fairly quickly when I learned he was being cut.  

2 hours ago, fantasick said:

feel bad for him... picked after Darko and the only one with no ring of the top 5 in 2003 class... first time to come of the bench for a team and then gets tossed... he's already teamed up with Westbrook and Harden so why not add Durant...

Don't feel bad for him. He had a good career but he ultimately always chose money and personal numbers over winning and long-term success, and his ego got in his way too often over the years. He still has made millions of dollars but basketball-wise, he's about as washed as you can be. 

• Like 2

I still remember my very first serious fantasy year. 2014 or 2015, I grabbed him #6th pick overall, that was his ADP back then. That's the year he fell in the rankings. Did not produce even round 3 value.

Still in my IL now in 16-teamer, won't pick up in my 12-teamer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aemgraze said:

I still remember my very first serious fantasy year. 2014 or 2015, I grabbed him #6th pick overall, that was his ADP back then. That's the year he fell in the rankings. Did not produce even round 3 value.

Still in my IL now in 16-teamer, won't pick up in my 12-teamer.

My first fantasy year was a little before that. I drafted LeBron in the first, Melo in the second, and Duncan in the third.  Cruised all the way to the title on a 75% win rate.  To this day I’ve not won a league by such a large margin.  Those were the days.  

1 hour ago, alclayno said:

Only decent landing spot where I think he'll be able to thrive (relative to OKC and HOU) is Philly.

How? Philly needs a starting 4. Not a Bench warmer.