jtbgator

IDP Rankings/Talk

Anyone know why Jamal Adams scored less than a point last weekend? He'd been doing well recently but I didn't see the game and I can't be trusting another goose egg in week 15.

I'm trying to figure out a decent replacement, can be from any team. Currently tossing between Denico Autry (higher ceiling) or Anthony Walker (safer floor). Who would be the best pick up for this week? I'm leaning towards the safer floor of walker. Does anyone have any input to Jamal Adams? Did he get injured or something? No update on the NFL app

1 minute ago, Zuko said:

Calais Campbell vs. WAS or Ndamakong Suh vs. PHI this weekend.

I like Suh against Foles. Assuming Josh Johnson has scrambling ability?

• Thanks 1

Depends on your scoring if it's heavy on sacks. Skins offensive line is decimated, but they still have Trent and Moses at the tackle positions. I'd go Suh for upside, but Calais for the solo tackles.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, matthewpullman93 said:

Depends on your scoring if it's heavy on sacks. Skins offensive line is decimated, but they still have Trent and Moses at the tackle positions. I'd go Suh for upside, but Calais for the solo tackles.

2 hours ago, jtbgator said:

I like Suh against Foles. Assuming Josh Johnson has scrambling ability?

Sacks are only worth 2, they both get solo tackles but I could see Washington doubling on Calais, but the Eagles must focus on the whole front four especially Donald.

32 minutes ago, Zuko said:

Sacks are only worth 2, they both get solo tackles but I could see Washington doubling on Calais, but the Eagles must focus on the whole front four especially Donald.

Since they get around the same number of solos, go Suh and hope he make a strip sack on Foles. With your DL you usually want to go for upside anyway. Neither will kill your matchup.

On 12/12/2018 at 4:44 PM, CookiesOmNom said:

Anyone know why Jamal Adams scored less than a point last weekend? He'd been doing well recently but I didn't see the game and I can't be trusting another goose egg in week 15.

I'm trying to figure out a decent replacement, can be from any team. Currently tossing between Denico Autry (higher ceiling) or Anthony Walker (safer floor). Who would be the best pick up for this week? I'm leaning towards the safer floor of walker. Does anyone have any input to Jamal Adams? Did he get injured or something? No update on the NFL app

Walker. The Cowboys love running the ball. Great matchup there.

No idea about Adams.

Edited by matthewpullman93
  • Thanks 1

With Sean Lee back....is Leighton Vander Esch still a top play this week? Will he get normal snap count?

I need a 12 point game from a DB tomorrow, I’m down by 11.6 and he has no one I have one DB spot left. I feel like Donte Jackson might have a good game trailing Thomas, any suggestions? This is for all the marbles any help would be great for those that pay attention to this.  I should add that INTs are 2 points, TDs are 6, tackles obviously are one point, and if they have 10 solo tackles they get an extra point. Therefore, I really need a DB that will put up 10 tackles, hopefully a pass defection or a big play somewhere. I know I’m really reaching here but I need something.

Edited by Zuko

Championship time. I picked up Jatavis Brown to be my IDP for the week over the likes of Deion Jones, Jaylon Smith, and Tremaine Edmunds. They are all ranked higher than Brown but Brown has the highest proj in my scoring system FWIW, 9.9 (1 pt per total tackle/2 per sack/4 per pick) . The Chargers are beatable on the ground, so I feel like the Ravens could realistically run the ball 45+ times against them, giving Jatavis a bunch of tackle opportunities. in Lamar's starts, the lead LB's playing against him (Whitehead, David, D Jones) have put up 12+ tackles. Could Jatavis do it this week?

Jones is intriguing because he'll likely cover and run down McCaffrey on his dumpoffs, but I fear Heinicke won't be able to sustain drives, keeping their play count low.

Edmunds is intriguing because the Pats will have a run-heavy day in the immediate wake of the Gordon news, and should sustain drives at home.

What would you guys do? Take Brown's sterling matchup (and less talent), or Jones/Edmunds? We start 1.

9 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Championship time. I picked up Jatavis Brown to be my IDP for the week over the likes of Deion Jones, Jaylon Smith, and Tremaine Edmunds. They are all ranked higher than Brown but Brown has the highest proj in my scoring system FWIW, 9.9 (1 pt per total tackle/2 per sack/4 per pick) . The Chargers are beatable on the ground, so I feel like the Ravens could realistically run the ball 45+ times against them, giving Jatavis a bunch of tackle opportunities. in Lamar's starts, the lead LB's playing against him (Whitehead, David, D Jones) have put up 12+ tackles. Could Jatavis do it this week?

Jones is intriguing because he'll likely cover and run down McCaffrey on his dumpoffs, but I fear Heinicke won't be able to sustain drives, keeping their play count low.

Edmunds is intriguing because the Pats will have a run-heavy day in the immediate wake of the Gordon news, and should sustain drives at home.

What would you guys do? Take Brown's sterling matchup (and less talent), or Jones/Edmunds? We start 1.

I would go Deion Jones. Elite LB.

IDP rookie this year and might be down my 2 starting safeties this week (Geathers out already, McDouglad questionable) anything to see with Adrian Phillips on Chargers against Ravens? Had a big game last week but it sounds like he plays mostly in nickel and dime packages which I would assume would be the exact opposite of what they'd play against a run-heavy team like the Ravens although maybe having a more versatile/athletic dude would be preferred. 

On 12/22/2018 at 8:21 AM, jtbgator said:

Deion Jones at CAR or Bobby Wagner vs KC?

I have the exact same question, but add Luke Kuechly to that as well.

I'm leaning Deion Jones and Kuechly over Wagner this week because 1) Jones and Kuechly will have more tackle opportunities. I especially like Jones with Heinicke at QB. 2) SEA runs the ball a lot and Mahomes can score with just one play, therefore limiting Wagner's upside. Purely due to matchup this week, Wagner is a stud.

Having a tougher time choosing between Kuechly and Wagner. 

4 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Imagine Devin White going to the Lions. That could be a good IDP LB.

I've been reading Cincy or Cleveland are the likeliest landing spots. Though the Lions tagging Ansah may leave LB as an early draft option, and the Lions could certainly beat other teams to the punch, as they have an earlier pick. *maybe Josh Allen who fills both OLB and Edge needs :shrug: dude is a beast in his own right, but yes, White is the top LB, especially if looking to fill the MLB/dot roll.