jtbgator

IDP Rankings/Talk

23 hours ago, Spuds said:

Smh....thoughts on Darius Leanord ROS? 

Rock. Hard. Stud. 

19 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Rock. Hard. Stud. 

I agree.  [Removed Cool Story] I think he'll be an IDP stud all season long.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

17 hours ago, Dr.Funktopus said:

So so how we feeling about Brice, still got the starting job or is jones coming back into the equation?

From what I've read, Jones has returned on a limited basis, but for now this is Brice's job.

Anyone else realize Foster is back this week and looking to start him against the KC dream offenae that seems to be on the field all day?

Foster and Smith are both back this week, but the SF brass hasn't tipped their hand on who will start, and where. It would seem logical that Warner has earned a spot next to those 2 (if not in place of Smith at MLB, moving Smith to SLB), but it's not up to us. I've decided to just sit Warner this week, unless I know for sure where he will be playing/starting. Foster would be a sure start (he'll man the WLB or MLB position), and IF Warner is named the MLB (or WLB), fire him up! Here is a recent article on the subject:

"SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers, in essence, added two linebackers to the team Wednesday. Reuben Foster returned to the practice field after serving a two-game suspension, and veteran Malcolm Smith was cleared to undergo a full practice for the first time since he sustained a hamstring injury in the 49ers’ Aug. 9 preseason opener.Rookie middle linebacker Fred Warner played well in the first two weeks without Foster or Smith alongside him. It appears to be unlikely that Warner will lose his starting role. And Foster almost assuredly will step back into the 49ers' lineup at weakside linebacker after serving his punishment for violations of the NFL’s policies on substances of abuse and personal conduct. The team released veteran guard Matt Tobin to make room on the 53-man roster for Foster. Smith was the 49ers’ biggest defensive acquisition on the first day of free agency in 2017. But he missed all of last season with a torn pectoral sustained early in training camp. The 49ers still view him as a valuable asset because of his fit for the defensive system. So, is it possible Warner, Foster and Smith all could see action together?“We don’t have the plan, yet,” 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said Wednesday. “We’ve got to see how they are, how they play. The plan is to do whatever we think gives us the best chance to win. Hopefully, we’ll be able to make a better guess at that decision these three days of practice.”Mark Nzeocha took over as the 49ers’ starting strongside linebacker in the team’s base defense after a trade sent Eli Harold to the Detroit Lions.“If I knew what way we were going to go this week, I wouldn’t tell you guys, but I do mean I don’t know, yet,” Shanahan said. “Rueben hasn’t been here in two weeks. Today is going to be Malcolm’s first day of full practice. So we want to see how all of those guys do, and it’ll be a tough decision at the end of the week, but a tough decision I’m going to be happy to have to make.”

Given his terrible week 2 stat line, are you still sure that his numbers weren’t just inflated because of Jared cooks overusage in week 1?

I attribute Littleton's poor week 2 stat line to the anemic Arizona offense that only allowed for 41 total opportunities (14 rushes and 17-27 passing).

Edited by FollowTheLeader

Thoughts on Mark Barron ROS? Having a tough time on his bench value at this point. Only saw one tweet (from a reporter?) suggesting he may not play until week 5 at the earliest.

I'm very curious on 49ers LB news. I have Foster and Warner; would be nice if Warner had a near every down role though Smith complicates this.

[Removed Cool Story]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

3 minutes ago, joed0 said:

Thoughts on Mark Barron ROS? Having a tough time on his bench value at this point. Only saw one tweet (from a reporter?) suggesting he may not play until week 5 at the earliest.

It definitely seems like he's not close to returning, and his injury could linger and give him problems all season. In the league I have him he's IR eligible, but only once the Rams officially rule him out each week (right before kickoff). It's creating headaches when waivers run every week because come Tuesday morning my league host changes his status from "Out" to "Questionable" and it forces me to drop someone to move Barron back to the active roster before I can make any additional moves. 

If this continues for another week or two and we still have no timetable for a return, I might just have to drop him. Chances are most fantasy owners will write him off, but if I keep an eye out for news I'll probably be able to pick him back up before he returns. 

Ultimately, though, I think he can be replaced through waivers, especially if you start 9 or fewer IDPs in your league. If you start like 6 or fewer IDPs? I'd find a replacement and not look back. 

He shouldn't be available in any leagues but I just wanted to bring up Derwin James and what a force he looks like at the DB position. 

It's only been two games but he's already flashed as a blitzer (2 sacks, and another TFL of the QB on what was ruled a rush attempt), and the Chargers are moving him around the formation and letting him make plays. 

Super excited to own him in a keeper. I think he's the next stud DB in the Landon Collins/Reshad Jones/Keanu Neal mold. 

IDP gurus or anyone else really, what about Kiko Alonso this week and going forward? Is he on the field most of the time? Thanks!

1 hour ago, FantasyFiend said:

Are we starting Reuben Foster right away? With how good Warner and Lee have looked will the snaps be there?

Yes. Lee is not going to get a lot now with Smith healthy as well. We'll have to see for news on Warner's role.

1 hour ago, mjb03003 said:

He shouldn't be available in any leagues but I just wanted to bring up Derwin James and what a force he looks like at the DB position. 

It's only been two games but he's already flashed as a blitzer (2 sacks, and another TFL of the QB on what was ruled a rush attempt), and the Chargers are moving him around the formation and letting him make plays. 

Super excited to own him in a keeper. I think he's the next stud DB in the Landon Collins/Reshad Jones/Keanu Neal mold. 

Added James before week 1; he's outperforming my Landon Collins.

20 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

IDP gurus or anyone else really, what about Kiko Alonso this week and going forward? Is he on the field most of the time? Thanks!

Probably a LB2 - only LB you can trust there; McMillan has not done much.

• Thanks 1

Kyzir White (LAC) - another rookie that needs mentioning in this thread. I think a few platforms have him listed as a DB/LB hybrid. He's playing weakside linebacker for the Chargers... led the team in tackles week 1 and had a clutch INT in week 2 (to go along with 4 solos). 

Not eye-popping stats so far, but he's a talented young player who can cover (played primarily safety at WVU) and will likely be on the field a lot. 

If he's DB eligible and you start 3 or more DBs, I think he's a must add. Getting LB production at DB is like a cheat code. 

• Like 2

IDP Aficionados, thoughts on Blake Martinez ROS.  We use one IDP and was wondering how he stacks up against the Elite LBs.  Thanks.

20 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I agree.  [Removed Cool Story] I think he'll be an IDP stud all season long.

I feel absolutely terrible for missing out on him. He's phenomenal, reminds me of Lavonte David from a few years ago. He'll dominate in any IDP format.

1 hour ago, joed0 said:

Yes. Lee is not going to get a lot now with Smith healthy as well. We'll have to see for news on Warner's role.

Added James before week 1; he's outperforming my Landon Collins.

Probably a LB2 - only LB you can trust there; McMillan has not done much.

Warner has earned his spot at 'mike', he's playing extremely well. Lee is mediocre, he'll make way for Foster. Easily their best combination.

1 hour ago, tbrads said:

IDP Aficionados, thoughts on Blake Martinez ROS.  We use one IDP and was wondering how he stacks up against the Elite LBs.  Thanks.

Very consistent high volume tackler, but not one for BIG plays like you might see from a Keuchley or Lavonte David type. I'd say Martinez is borderline elite.

• Thanks 1

Frank Warner unlikely to start in SF this weekend, plugging in Malcolm Smith instead and benching Warner till his role is more defined, likely on the outside of returning Foster. 

Clatyon Geathers has been money at safety for Indy but he looks banged up again, monitoring his health, will deploy if healthy. 

Get your hands on Darius Leonard, 18 tackles last week and he's nicknamed the animal for a reason. 

Anthony Hitchens is off to a strong start at LB in KC racking 29 tackles in two games. 

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Warner will complicate the SF linebacker picture. He has played really well.

Leonard is receiving praise from media outlets that don't even care about defense. I'd roll with him over a lot of big names right now.

Ricardo Allen filled in pretty decently for Keanu. We'll see how far that goes.

Dante Fowler Jr, contract year.

First game off suspension, sack, forced fumble and fumble recovery off Tom Brady.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

21 hours ago, twistedude said:

Very consistent high volume tackler, but not one for BIG plays like you might see from a Keuchley or Lavonte David type. I'd say Martinez is borderline elite.

Thank you.  

Hicks seems to always do well until he gets hurt.

Off to a great start this year. Anybody playing him against IND tomorrow?

Even with Reuben Foster back, Fred Warner still ate extremely well today. Last chance to get Warner in if he's not already snapped up by someone else.

• Like 1

I made a speculative pickup of Leighton Vander Esch (LB - DAL) yesterday before their game kicked off and the statline looks very good:

9 solos, 2 assists, 1 TFL 

Sean Lee had to come off the field in the second half after tweaking his hamstring. He's a notoriously slow healer, and didn't sound optimistic after the game:

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Sean-Lee-to-have-MRI-doesnt-sound-optimistic-about-Week-4-122427567/

Vander Esch was a first round pick out of Boise St. and was seen as the eventual replacement to Lee, and also someone who could provide insurance for when Lee inevitably misses games due to injury. Vander Esch would likely be close to a full-time player if Lee sits, and if he plays well I could see the Cowboys buliding him up to a full-time player regardless of Lee's status.

If there are any Cowboy fans in this thread who are tuned in to the team and what the local media is saying, I'd love to hear it. Also would love some first-hand accounts of how he looked yesterday, as I'm just reading the box score. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

I made a speculative pickup of Leighton Vander Esch (LB - DAL) yesterday before their game kicked off and the statline looks very good:

9 solos, 2 assists, 1 TFL 

Sean Lee had to come off the field in the second half after tweaking his hamstring. He's a notoriously slow healer, and didn't sound optimistic after the game:

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Sean-Lee-to-have-MRI-doesnt-sound-optimistic-about-Week-4-122427567/

Vander Esch was a first round pick out of Boise St. and was seen as the eventual replacement to Lee, and also someone who could provide insurance for when Lee inevitably misses games due to injury. Vander Esch would likely be close to a full-time player if Lee sits, and if he plays well I could see the Cowboys buliding him up to a full-time player regardless of Lee's status.

If there are any Cowboy fans in this thread who are tuned in to the team and what the local media is saying, I'd love to hear it. Also would love some first-hand accounts of how he looked yesterday, as I'm just reading the box score. 

I have to get an BU LB in my league and I saw this constallation, too.

I'm debating between him and Jordan Hicks. 

15 hours ago, k.k. said:

Even with Reuben Foster back, Fred Warner still ate extremely well today. Last chance to get Warner in if he's not already snapped up by someone else.

This. I posted a few weeks ago on this thread about Warner. Dude is a beast. Is it crazy for me to want Warner over Bobby Wagner. Wagner's been ok so far, but Warner is beastly. I don't want to get caught in the "brand name" Wagner.