brockpapersizer

Ronny Mauricio -- SS Mets

Casey (Morgantown): 

• One of the neat parts of July baseball is all the J2 players for the previous season getting started. Outside of Wander Franco who has really impressed early? Any likely top 100 BA guys for 2019 from this group?

Kyle Glaser: Ronny Mauricio with the Mets has done some really good things. Whether he's Top 100 in 2019 that may be a little premature, but definitely keep an eye o

----

I've had my eye on this guy for a while.  He's a whiles away, but in deep dynastys he's a guy to monitor or pick up if other short season guys are owned. BA hyped him up when the year started, saying he could potentially be a Tatis type breakout prospect. He's showing that right now.  For current rankings purpose, he's  probably around 150 for me.  At the very least I think this is a guy who will gain trade value and you can flip.

He hasnt walked a ton yet, but the average is above 300  and slugging almost 550. Potential MI power bat here.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Andrew (Maryland): 

• What type of upside does Ronny Mauricio have? I know you were really intrigued/high on him at the beginning of the year.

Ben Badler: Upside is similar to what we’re seeing now from Fernando Tatis Jr.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Andrew (Maryland): 

• What type of upside does Ronny Mauricio have? I know you were really intrigued/high on him at the beginning of the year.

Ben Badler: Upside is similar to what we’re seeing now from Fernando Tatis Jr.

Whoa. 

Him, Wander and Elehuris make for some very tantalizing position players in the low minors.

3 minutes ago, 12to6 said:

Whoa. 

Him, Wander and Elehuris make for some very tantalizing position players in the low minors.

And I own 3 in my deep dynasty!  I'd have Wander much much higher than the other two.  Marucio has the more to prove than Elehruis, but also has more position since he's more likely to play a key position. 

Mauricio has a lot of projection left and he's currently on striking out 15% as a 17 year old

Love the early rseults and frame. 6'3 with tons of room to add good weight. Swings from both sides which you love to see in today's shift burdened game.

This is one to watch. Potential for a premium talent. Badler name dropping Tatito is the beginning of the hype train. Hop aboard now.

• Like 1

He's been slumping overall. but not by striking out much, still got this chat blurb yesterday

Brett (Miami): 

• Hey thanks for doing a chat. Who are some players outside the top 100 right now that you could see making big jumps in ranking next year? Do we start to see more of the 2017 IFAs climbing the ranks?

Kyle Glaser: Ronny Mauricio with the Mets fits the bill on both accounts. Naturally there are some strides to be made, but the pedigree and tools are there and he's shown a lot of flashes here in his first year stateside

• Like 1

Baseball America above and now fangraphs

Frank
1:02
You mentioned Maurico on the mets, what's his upside?

Kiley McDaniel
1:03
Really high, so early that we don't really know yet, but definitely on a top 50 overall prospect trajectory. Chance for above average offense and average D at SS
  • Like 1