Stefan

Jarrett Allen 2018-19 Season Outlook

4 hours ago, MarcoPol0 said:

eh it still shows a marked improvement from college to the nba and preseason is an extremely small sample size and the first game he was dominated by kanter and went 0-2. hard to suggest regression based on that

I''ll be more than happy if I'm wrong as I drafted J.Allen 2 of my 10 Roto leagues with projection of FT 72%.So if he has FT 77%  again,my teams will be top of the category.:) 

So why is he ranked so damn high. Allen’s adp was like in the 50’s which is insane 2 me.  I feel like Atkinson will never commit to playing him more than 25 min per. 10/7 with 1.5 blocks is what I gave him projected at given the Nets silly rotations. I am perplexed here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

So why is he ranked so damn high. Allen’s adp was like in the 50’s which is insane 2 me.  I feel like Atkinson will never commit to playing him more than 25 min per. 10/7 with 1.5 blocks is what I gave him projected at given the Nets silly rotations. I am perplexed here. 

but why? Ed Davis going go take his minutes? He's young they are rebuilding. I feel like in 30 mins game hes getting 11/9/2blks good %s.

He's ranked high because he could possibly be Caplea or Gobert without paying their price. 

3 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

but why? Ed Davis going go take his minutes? He's young they are rebuilding. I feel like in 30 mins game hes getting 11/9/2blks good %s.

He's ranked high because he could possibly be Caplea or Gobert without paying their price. 

I guess you don't watch many Net games or pay attention to that crazy Attkinsons rotations. Nothing to do with my point but Kenny always looks like he wants to kill someone. 

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

It comes down to three things:

- FG%  - Top 25 (season and last 2 months)

- Blks - 1.2 (season) to 2 (last 2 months)

- FT - doesn't hurt you

That was in 20 mins (season) to 23 min (last 2 months) for a rookie. 

With even 25 mins and some growth + improved guard play around him (Dlo, LeVert, Din) he will be valuable. 

10 pts is quite conservative IMO (was at 9.4 in the last 2 months @ 23 mins). 

Lastly, his upside is still unknown which when combined with hype creates a crazy range of where he's drafted.

Stole him in the 5th rd...I believe he will return an ADP of two rounds earlier after this season is said and done...great kid w/ limitless untapped potential and talent...the Fro has arrived...

• Like 1

This guy just reeks of new Caplea and Gobert. Only thing I really think hurting Allen is the fact he plays with bums not guys like Harden and Mitchell. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

This guy just reeks of new Caplea and Gobert. Only thing I really think hurting Allen is the fact he plays with bums not guys like Harden and Mitchell. 

more points and better ft% he could be gobert 2.0 

the key for Allen putting up points will be cutting to the basket when his guards drive the paint. Hes great when it comes to lobs around the rim when the defenders play help D on the drive. As long as he puts an emphasis on this I see about 4 easy baskets a game. Hopefully he will get a couple more from Offensive rebounds, etc. I don't remember much of low post game from Jarrett but maybe he worked on that this offseason.  

Doing alittle bit of everything so far. His 3 point stroke looks great and he is absolutely owning Blake Griffin - 2 huge blocks

That was one impressive half.  It will be interesting to see if a three a game is sustainable.

His chemistry with LeVert is amazing, the more they play together the better because we'll consistently get nights like this.

Man, I love this guy. Picked him up last season late with the intent of hoping to draft him early this year. Great game. #fearthefro

Soooo this is what we get in 30 mins :rolleyes: