Stefan

Jarrett Allen 2018-19 Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Will this guy every be More than mediocre

How is this mediocre? Maybe I have different expectations since I just traded for Allen and am a new owner, but I'll happily take good percentages, no turnovers, and multiple stocks any day. As long as he does those things, I won't haggle over a rebound/point or two.

Edited by Swift13
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swift13 said:

How is this mediocre? Maybe I have different expectations since I just traded for Allen and am a new owner, but I'll happily take good percentages, no turnovers, and multiple stocks any day. As long as he does those things, I won't haggle over a rebound/point or two.

Hit or miss points and rebounding. Sometimes blocks completely disappear. He’s fine, but mediocre imo. Wouldn’t say he has broke out into a top 50 player. 

3 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Hit or miss points and rebounding. Sometimes blocks completely disappear. He’s fine, but mediocre imo. Wouldn’t say he has broke out into a top 50 player. 

He's not a top 50 guy right now, but he's far from mediocre unless you're in a shallow league. The blocks "disappeared" for a week and including those three no block games there's like only two other games where he hasn't recorded one. I think that's pretty consistent.

The real drag on his ranking was his free throw percentage, but he's been like 80%+ for the last month and his average there is starting to normalize. I can think of like five guys that can get you that combination of 50+ FG%/75 FT%/1.5 blocks and Allen is one of the few.

In a points league, the percentages don't matter. The biggest disappointment is the relatively low ceiling. I can live with inconsistency but I'd like to see him be able to take over a game, whether that be getting 30-40 points, making 5 treys, or grabbing 20 boards. C'mon guy, gimme something to be excited about.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

In a points league, the percentages don't matter. The biggest disappointment is the relatively low ceiling. I can live with inconsistency but I'd like to see him be able to take over a game, whether that be getting 30-40 points, making 5 treys, or grabbing 20 boards. C'mon guy, gimme something to be excited about.

Tell me about it. This guy has been a huge disappointment. I don't care what anybody says, he's not really any better this year than he was the 2nd half of last year (when he got the starting job). Same inconsistent guy and his peaks are pretty much the same too

im getting really worried about Jarretts rest of season production and minutes. I think the Levert injury really ****** Jarrett. They played so well together and Allens game is tailored to go with someone like levert who can get to the basket so easily.  D-Russ and Spence just dont have the same game (especially D-Russ who is shoot first PG). Dinwiddie is more of the true point and Allen can def play along side him but they dont have the same chemistry as levert and allen 

Dont be surprised if you see allens minutes around 20-25 per night until leverts back in full swing. I want to be optimistic because i know allens potential but as a nets fan i watch a lot of the games and this team on the floor right now plays better with small ball lineups and shooters spacing the floor. Ed davis and RHJ will be playing more center min. going forward. 

I'm not one to panic, especially compared to many members of these forums where there is a tendency for mass hysteria.  That being said, I am also concerned with Allen.  I have been trying to sell him after any solid stretch of games, but so far no takers.  I am not trying to unload him for pennies, nickles, or even dimes, but he is not going to justify the spot where I drafted him (5th round which was admittedly too early).  Although he is solid and doesn't hurt you anywhere, many of us drafted him for his blocks which is a category he has been very disappointing in as of late.  The blocks need to tick back up to warrant him being your #2 center.

Personally, I am waiting for a string of favorable match ups against big ball line-ups and sending offers to get a better return on my investment.

i thought this guy would get 30 to 35 mins this year. Even 28 to 30 is fine. 15-10 1.8 blks is reasonable for him with enough minutes.

Is it reasonable to hope that ed davis will get less minutes the more the season develops? There are even games where RHJ is eating into his minutes.

On 10/15/2018 at 9:56 AM, chud12 said:

So why is he ranked so damn high. Allen’s adp was like in the 50’s which is insane 2 me.  I feel like Atkinson will never commit to playing him more than 25 min per. 10/7 with 1.5 blocks is what I gave him projected at given the Nets silly rotations. I am perplexed here. 

I was kind of spot on here. Allen is not overly talented either so I never got the hype. 

6 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I was kind of spot on here. Allen is not overly talented either so I never got the hype. 

umm not really

hes what 75ish on the year. and 80ish the last month. he would be close to top 50 on the year if his ft% is where it should be or I should say where it has been the last month. hes 80 the last month with 0.9 blks. that seem very unlikely that that doesn't correct itself. so

60/80  12/8 1.7 t/o last month if he was avg 2 blks that would be top 50 line

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

umm not really

hes what 75ish on the year. and 80ish the last month. he would be close to top 50 on the year if his ft% is where it should be or I should say where it has been the last month. hes 80 the last month with 0.9 blks. that seem very unlikely that that doesn't correct itself. so

60/80  12/8 1.7 t/o last month if he was avg 2 blks that would be top 50 line

In all seriousness, the numbers you project are they really worth a top 50 pick lol?? Even if he finishes there it’s still silly ad those numbers are pretty boring and I’d much rather have guys that help you win multiple cats rather thsb maybe 1 cat. Rankings can be silly sometimes and this would be a case here. 

Just now, chud12 said:

In all seriousness, the numbers you project are they really worth a top 50 pick lol?? Even if he finishes there it’s still silly ad those numbers are pretty boring and I’d much rather have guys that help you win multiple cats rather thsb maybe 1 cat. Rankings can be silly sometimes and this would be a case here. 

yea I think it would be and I understand it doesn't jump off the page but that's a line I/most  were expecting drafting him. but hes also my 3rd center in a punt assist team that is built around efficiency so he really fits my team. 

you could of always drafted blake or a gordon if you wanted popcorn stats

just like Covington and porter get huge bumps in overall value because of low t/o it doesn't translate to every team and build. (and you will have little chance to sell high on any player that is efficient)

• Like 2

I dont get it. Why is RHJ playing the 5 instead of jarret?

Any insights from people watching the game?

8 minutes ago, simon said:

I'm shocked too. I think coach just liked what the bench (+Kurucs) was doing against this team, and wanted to keep them on the floor to close it out. Mostly this is about Dinwiddie, but overall, this lineup on the floor just was working.

8 minutes ago, simon said:

I’m watching, Nets Coach is just rolling with the same 5 that are playing well together. Nothing against JA but this unit of Dinwiddie, Harris, Kurucs, Dudley and RHJ are ballin.

so frustrating... i really expected a little more from JA this year. Hopefully he picks it up. I think LaVert getting injured hurt JA alot. They ran the pnr really well... 

1 hour ago, DLove said:

so frustrating... i really expected a little more from JA this year. Hopefully he picks it up. I think LaVert getting injured hurt JA alot. They ran the pnr really well... 

I agree that I expect him to be revitalized by Caris coming back (as well as hoping as an owner of both)

4 minutes ago, Jimmy21 said:

I was offered a trade on him. Reading this thread scares me. Is he trending down that hard? 

What was the trade. I’m not excited about his upside but it’s still there. Ceiling is like 13/11 almost 2blks with good %s. If he gets big minutes, Lavert or someone actually uses him, and stays out of foul trouble, then it could happen. I’m  not expecting him to hit those numbers, but it’s possible. 

The main part of the trade is im after Oladipo

My robert Covington, josh Richardson and aaron gordon

For his

Oladipo and jarret allen

I switched it from JA to otto porter, but I'm sure I could switch it back. 

I really want to improve my percentages.