Stefan

Jarrett Allen 2018-19 Season Outlook

12 hours ago, Qartan said:

Is the breakout season going to be postponed to next year? 

This is a whole question unto itself. What's stopping Kenny from doing the same next year?

5 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

This is a whole question unto itself. What's stopping Kenny from doing the same next year?

A lot can happen next year.. Kenny might not even be the coach.

4 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

A lot can happen next year.. Kenny might not even be the coach.

On 10/15/2018 at 9:56 AM, chud12 said:

So why is he ranked so damn high. Allen’s adp was like in the 50’s which is insane 2 me.  I feel like Atkinson will never commit to playing him more than 25 min per. 10/7 with 1.5 blocks is what I gave him projected at given the Nets silly rotations. I am perplexed here. 

So the comment above was my take pretty much all year in this thread even when I said Allen had zero upside. Allen's averages are pretty spot on with what I said 4 months ago. There is zero chance Kenny is not the coach next year. Heck, he might be a top 3 coach of the year candidate. Like I have been saying I was never wrong, you have just been starting ishh for zero reason. And of course, I am going to post about a player when it's negative, this is a damn fantasy basketball forum lol. I can also pull up plenty of posts where I am positive in threads so again your just really ill-informed here. (And btw Miro's role was already reduced to a 23 min role before he was dealt)

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 4:30 PM, chud12 said:

The definition of average or zero upside. 

giphy.gif

You were saying? Only one who is ill-informed about Jarrett Allen's upside is you bud. On your bike.

2 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

giphy.gif

You were saying? Only one who is ill-informed about Jarrett Allen's upside is you bud. On your bike.

The Numbers Allen is averaging this year is zero upside. He flashes at times but his upside is zapped because of his coach and that’s what I have been implying all year. Mock me all you want but like I said I’ve been right all year. 

Just now, chud12 said:

The Numbers Allen is averaging this year is zero upside. He flashes at times but his upside is zapped because of his coach and that’s what I have been implying all year. Mock me all you want but like I said I’ve been right all year. 

giphy.gif

Uh huh. Zero upside.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quazza said:

he just doesn't do much

Amen 

Fantasy-wise, yes he's having a hard time, recently.

I'm a Nets fan but even I was quite confused with this ADP of 50-60 at the start of the season.

If you really expected that kind of numbers then I must call you naive.

HOWEVER,

This WAS the breakout year, maybe a mini-breakout to be fair.

Secondary stats back up his performance and he actually had a quite nice run where he went Top 40 for a certain time span in the midst of the season. 

And he's freakin' 20 years old in a rebuilding team which is focusing on developing talent.

And he actually posted Top 70-80 numbers this season while only playing 26mins. per game.

And some of you call him 'average to no upside.'

Is this supposed to be a joke? I'm not sure.

It's not about Atkinson, it's called 'development.' I firmly believe that there wouldn't be a coach in the modern NBA who plays their near 7-foot 20-year-old center who has a lot to learn 32-36 minutes every game. Sheesh.

I can agree with someone if they are saying that he might be useless ROS for THIS season. But as long as someone used the word 'upside,' I had to write this down. 

I know this is a 'fantasy' forum so the focus of the debate should be based on 'fantasy production,' but I believe some people overlook that this is also a 'basketball' forum. Keep it real for at least some degree, please.

Allen is one of the best, proven prospects in the league, period.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Ended up flipping him for Jerami Grant in my 8Team H2H Punt Ast league, can't stomach his low minutes for the rest of the season anymore.

Edited by Qartan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jhsong916 said:

Fantasy-wise, yes he's having a hard time, recently.

I'm a Nets fan but even I was quite confused with this ADP of 50-60 at the start of the season.

If you really expected that kind of numbers then I must call you naive.

HOWEVER,

This WAS the breakout year, maybe a mini-breakout to be fair.

Secondary stats back up his performance and he actually had a quite nice run where he went Top 40 for a certain time span in the midst of the season. 

And he's freakin' 20 years old in a rebuilding team which is focusing on developing talent.

And he actually posted Top 70-80 numbers this season while only playing 26mins. per game.

And some of you call him 'average to no upside.'

Is this supposed to be a joke? I'm not sure.

It's not about Atkinson, it's called 'development.' I firmly believe that there wouldn't be a coach in the modern NBA who plays their near 7-foot 20-year-old center who has a lot to learn 32-36 minutes every game. Sheesh.

I can agree with someone if they are saying that he might be useless ROS for THIS season. But as long as someone used the word 'upside,' I had to write this down. 

I know this is a 'fantasy' forum so the focus of the debate should be based on 'fantasy production,' but I believe some people overlook that this is also a 'basketball' forum. Keep it real for at least some degree, please.

Amen.

3 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

I have zero problem with anything you say here. Since this is a fantasy basketball forum we can share diff opinions. And as of right now, in this moment Allen has literally zero upside because of how he is used and how sporadically the Nets play him. The discussion was based off of this year and this year alone. Until Allen starts getting featured to some extent, develops any type of offensive game, and Atkinson finally commits to giving him consistent pt his upside will be very low in anything but blocks. But you know all these things anyway. It’s nice that you actually tried to handle a disagreement in a mature manner unlike some other posters on this forum. 😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

I have zero problem with anything you say here. Since this is a fantasy basketball forum we can share diff opinions. And as of right now, in this moment Allen has literally zero upside because of how he is used and how sporadically the Nets play him. The discussion was based off of this year and this year alone. Until Allen starts getting featured to some extent, develops any type of offensive game, and Atkinson finally commits to giving him consistent pt his upside will be very low in anything but blocks. But you know all these things anyway. It’s nice that you actually tried to handle a disagreement in a mature manner unlike some other posters on this forum. 😂😂

Facts are facts. So I also have no problem with anybody criticizing his current fantasy value. It is true that he is producing duds after all. Numbers are everything in fantasy, so I completely understand where some beef comes from. 

But since he is one of my boys from Brooklyn, I had to defend him in a certain way.

Anyways, I too think this year is almost over for this kid. Time to move on for next year, which I am almost certain he will improve vastly.

But it's time we look for a replacement, this year. Can't argue with that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Quazza said:

he just doesn't do much

PLAYER A (2nd NBA season, age 22) - 8 points, 10 reb, 2.3 blk, 60% fg, 62% ft in 26 minutes/game

PLAYER B (2nd NBA season, age 20) - 11 points, 8 reb, 1.5 blk, 58% fg, 71% ft in 26 minutes/game

^^ One of these players is Allen "who doesn't do much."  The other is Rudy Gobert (future defensive POY).

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

PLAYER A (2nd NBA season, age 22) - 8 points, 10 reb, 2.3 blk, 60% fg, 62% ft in 26 minutes/game

PLAYER B (2nd NBA season, age 20) - 11 points, 8 reb, 1.5 blk, 58% fg, 71% ft in 26 minutes/game

^^ One of these players is Allen "who doesn't do much."  The other is Rudy Gobert (future defensive POY).

Ive comped Allen to Rudy on this thread before and I believe once he gets those 30 min consistently and gets stronger he has that upside. 

Edited by chud12

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

Allen does plenty for fantasy...the number he has are exactly what i expected this season. I guess those that took him in the 4th round pr 5th round thought he would score a bunch more but he has no offensive game yet really.

Also if you can choose between allen and mitchrob next season go mitch. His per 26 numbers im sure dwarf allens .. mostly in blocks but also more rebs and substantially higher fg%

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Do I still go all in on this guy next year like I did this year?

Gd Atkinson and his rotations

Edited by nichiseyo

He is my most disappointing player this season due to his even fewer minutes in the second half. But I might still gamble on him next season.