Stefan

Jarrett Allen 2018-19 Season Outlook

9 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

DLo doesn't really pass though, he's a score first guard and owns one of the worst assist to turnover ratios among point guards.

According to basketball-reference advanced stats, Dlo's assist % in his 3 years has been 21.2%, 26.8%, 35.7%. That's pretty impressive growth and while he does jack up a lot of shots there's still potential to create there.

If you read some ESPN basketball writers columns, watch their mock drafts and rankings, then you don't draft Allen before 8th round.

Allen just shut down drummond, whom was 6-21 for night, and 14/10.

Whilst, Allen had 17/9 and 4 blocks and even rejected a Griffin dunk. He also hit 3/4 fts.

Edited by soulfist
  • Like 1

He moved well last night. I still don't trust him or Atkinson but the way this young man chases blocks... Has got to make you feel good, if you own him. I just think there will be too many subpar games throughout the season that he will be hard to own. I'm sure there will also be 4-5blk games that will make you smile but that's fantasy right? Especially with younger players. 

• Like 1

So many people are quick to trash a poor preseason performance, but aren't willing to give him props when he has a big boi game.  He definitely outplayed Drummond and he had a great block on Blake when Blake tried to Mozgov him.  He's going to be inconsistent but the upside is undeniable and I think he can definitely be top 70 even in 25-26 minutes a night.

Just make sure to be quick on giving him some love when he plays well if you are quick to nitpick when he plays poorly.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

So many people are quick to trash a poor preseason performance, but aren't willing to give him props when he has a big boi game.  He definitely outplayed Drummond and he had a great block on Blake when Blake tried to Mozgov him.  He's going to be inconsistent but the upside is undeniable and I think he can definitely be top 70 even in 25-26 minutes a night.

Just make sure to be quick on giving him some love when he plays well if you are quick to nitpick when he plays poorly.

And he blocked Drumm like a mofo !

2 hours ago, jmoney23 said:

tbh Drummond is a great rebounder but is a mediocre defender and most people were/are drafting him before 70 though. The blocks were niceeB)

Forget ESPN, because we all know he's underranked there, but is this guy becoming worth drafting at his lofty ADP on Yahoo now?

4 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Yes!

Is he better than Willie Cauley-Stein

Edited by krest509

9 minutes ago, krest509 said:

Is he better than Willie Cauley-Stein

Yes!  Look no one will confuse me for a fan of Allen but he’s good...probably top 70 if not higher.  There’s no way he should go undrafted even if 10 team leagues.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 6:06 AM, krest509 said:

Should I add him in a 10 man league RoTo?

GO GO GOOOO

don't want to overhype but if he gets 30 mins, keeps his fouls down. he's going to be a stud. reb's blocks and good fg and ft%

• Like 1

Seems like most people think J.Allen's FT will be good.I might be in the minority here that think his FT will be under 72%.:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, 8th Leo said:

Seems like most people think J.Allen's FT will be good.I might be in the minority here that think his FT will be under 72%.:rolleyes:

what is this based on?

2 minutes ago, MarcoPol0 said:

what is this based on?

His FT% from High school (54%),in College (56.4%) and in this preseason (65%).

3 minutes ago, 8th Leo said:

His FT% from High school (54%),in College (56.4%) and in this preseason (65%).

eh it still shows a marked improvement from college to the nba and preseason is an extremely small sample size and the first game he was dominated by kanter and went 0-2. hard to suggest regression based on that