Sign in to follow this  
Flyman75

Trade Bellinger for Benintendi?

12-team, 5x5 traditional roto, 8 keeper, keepers tagged with rounds in draft. 

Should I trade Belly straight up for Benny? Bellinger has a 22nd round tag (30 rds) and can be kept one more year. Benintendi has a 4th rd tag and can be kept one more year. 

I'm currently in first place by a large margin (24.5 pts), but I don't want to take my lead for granted after losing a huge lead in another league last year.

Benny would obviously be better for me this year. But in a keeper league, would he be a better keeper as a 4th rounder than Bellinger as a 22nd rounder?

To add...I already have Merrifield as a 4th rd keeper for two more years if I want. I can only keep one 4th rounder. 

I think you have to grab Benintendi if you have the chance. Belly in the 22nd is good value, but Benintendi in the BOS lineup is dangerous. I'd probably go for the win with Benintendi this year and keep him in the 4th next year. Better than not winning and keeping Belly in the 22nd next year.

• Thanks 1

I would keep Bellinger and maybe look for another move to make sure you win this year.

Benny is playing in a dangerous lineup but I think as soon as next year Bellinger will figure things out with his swing. Also, LAD lineup is stack too.

But either way, it's not a bad move.

• Thanks 1

I'd probably go for it this year and get Benni, the SB/BB/OB he chips in could be helpful as well. Who knows if you'll be in position to win next year and if Bellinger hits any better next season. 

HH

• Thanks 1

Go for it this year. Even though Bellinger is great value, Benitendi is an absolute stud and playing great ball this season. I think you have to make the move.

If you have a chance to win, then I would go for it & grab Benny. He would be a very solid 4th rd guy for next year,

No keep Hollywood move somebody else for Green monster. What does you're roster look like? 

Idk man. That’s an even/even split with those two. They both have the numbers and even though Bellinger has been down this year he’s still young. I say if it isn’t broke don’t fix it. It’s not like you couldn’t wait.

24 points in roto can disapear fast if everyone is active.  You gotta keep your foot on the gas. That said and done,i think the difference between benny and bellinger is NOT 18 rounds. Its a slight upgrade (ros stats.)  You want to win,but you don't want to sell your best asset unless its a huge upgrade.  Youre in a position of strength,ask for the moon,and if you don't get it,you may be better off as bellinger migjt even out perform benny.