Sign in to follow this  
hoopking

LaMarcus Aldridge 2018-2019 Season Outlook

He went back to life last season and that's because kawhi isn't around. '16 vs '17 averages are

fg% .477 vs .510 

ft% .812 vs .837

ppg 17.3 vs 23.1 

reb 7.3 vs 8.5 

ast 1.9 vs 2.0 (same)

stls and blks  0.6 and 1.2 are the same

do we see the same decline same as '16 with derozan (a guy who jacks a lot of shots more than kawhi) or just a bit as he's now comfortable with the spurs and maybe (just maybe) pop can change derozan the way he plays. 

2 hours ago, hoopking said:

He went back to life last season and that's because kawhi isn't around. '16 vs '17 averages are

fg% .477 vs .510 

ft% .812 vs .837

ppg 17.3 vs 23.1 

reb 7.3 vs 8.5 

ast 1.9 vs 2.0 (same)

stls and blks  0.6 and 1.2 are the same

do we see the same decline same as '16 with derozan (a guy who jacks a lot of shots more than kawhi) or just a bit as he's now comfortable with the spurs and maybe (just maybe) pop can change derozan the way he plays. 

Stats will decline but not by much. I think he will remain the main guy for Spurs

• Like 1

I could see him stay the same or even improve. Had NOBODY to take any pressure off of him on the offensive end, so any shots he's not getting will be balanced by an (even further) improvement in efficiency. Easy top 15 selection.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nene said:

I could see him stay the same or even improve. Had NOBODY to take any pressure off of him on the offensive end, so any shots he's not getting will be balanced by an (even further) improvement in efficiency. Easy top 15 selection.

You just go ahead and pick him TOP 15 :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nene said:

More like top 25

6 minutes ago, a-rob said:

More like top 25

Sorry thats what I meant. He's been top 20 mostly, and year beforr last season was a fluke.

Likely going back to 14.5 shot attempts and 18 pts with same everything else.  

• Like 1

Put up enough bricks to build a chalet in the Swiss Alps.

But can't complain about 21/19 with 3 blocks.  

Animal!!!

I think we're gonna see a lot of high rebound games from him, now that Dejounte isn't there to steal 7-8 of them a game.  Double digit average is quite possible...

Edited by hipriest69
  • Like 1

Absolute beast tonight but what's up w/ the FT shooting? Deandre Jordan is shooting better

3 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Absolute beast tonight but what's up w/ the FT shooting? Deandre Jordan is shooting better

Seriously this dude was supposed to be a FT anchor for me and he's shooting sub-60% on the year..

2 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Seriously this dude was supposed to be a FT anchor for me and he's shooting sub-60% on the year..

Has shot 81%+ since 2011... he'll get it together

I was at 95% FT's being confident this week until LA played tonight lol oh well still pretty good line but damn those FT's killed the start of the week 

Really was forced to take him at 35 in one league since all the players I wanted were sniped, but he's been fun to own so far. If ft% is the only issue, im not that worried.

Edited by boytoy
  • Like 1

getting worked over by a rookie, and getting shut down 0-7 so far by Ayton--the worse defensive center in the league.  PATHETIC

he is rank outside top 100 so far(rank 103) due to terrible FG%

Aldridge has been a headache this season with his efficiency and I think why he is struggling is that he is the starting C.

The past couple of seasons Gasol was starting C and Aldridge was the PF.

Maybe because he is dealing with bigger and tougher competition at C, he can't take full advantage of them as compared to other PF's of similar or smaller size.

I hope this guy starts getting it together and performs to his efficient ways.

14 minutes ago, TheCoon said:

Aldridge has been a headache this season with his efficiency and I think why he is struggling is that he is the starting C.

The past couple of seasons Gasol was starting C and Aldridge was the PF.

Maybe because he is dealing with bigger and tougher competition at C, he can't take full advantage of them as compared to other PF's of similar or smaller size.

I hope this guy starts getting it together and performs to his efficient ways.

I wonder how much is:

- Just Him

- Derozan's impact

- Not having Murray who was lost for the season

- Pop?

- Team chemistry

They have missed a lot of pieces including Murray, Gay, White, Gasol, etc... and they lost slomo. 

Some of this will fix itself since even his ft shooting has been off.