Baseball Jonze

Yahoo just did a HUGE prospect add - including some 2018 draft class first rounders!!!

Other big prospect names in there as well.

Not sure I like this midseason add unless there is a call-up. 

Edited by Baseball Jonze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'ts crazy to me people are in dynasty leagues where you have to wait for prospects to be added to be able to pick them up.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our league leaves them as untouchable until the following year where we have to draft them. I guess it makes it fair that way.

• Like 3

what bullflop......if their going to do that why not add the entire 1st round of the 2018 draft.......oh no let's just do the 1st 2 picks  WTF????

Edited by pagkerguy8
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, pagkerguy8 said:

what bullflop......if their going to do that why not add the entire 1st round of the 2018 draft.......oh no let's just do the 1st 2 picks  WTF????

probably whoever is engineering yahoo fantasy for baseball wanted to screw their league mate who had the 1st pick by splitting ohtani into two but keep his DL status as one and then secretly allowing select 2018 draft picks to be eligible for FA pick up so that they can pick them up before anyone else notices. 

They were added under waivers as far as I know.  At east that is how Yahoo has added mid-season prospects n the past.  And waivers is entirely fair.

I didn't notice because I forgot to check the MLB Adds menu the last few days so that is on me and so a couple of people were ready for them ahead of me.  But then the one guy is a big Tigers fan so he has been waiting for Mize for awhile I guess.

you are 100% correct....... our league uses 1 day waivers so players added yesterday cleared today.....now when you have played at yahoo over 15 years and they repeatedly say over that time they WONT ADD PROSPECTS DURING THE SEASON till they have played their 1st game in the majors, a person tends to get a little lazy checking the added people until you hear "breaking news" on a top prospect called up............UNTIL NOW I GUESS

I had a claim in on Mize and bart and got bart cause the Mize winner bid 82 bux. I was hoping nobody would notice the waivers but I was wrong.

Bart and Mize were the only 2 draft picks in the 60 player drop that I seen. India kelenic Swagerty Singer Bohm were not included. Julio Pablo Martinez was in the drop and would have been more attractive to me if I wasn't sitting on Luis Robert already. Mercado in AAA for the Cards was in the drop. When the Cards were contending he seemed like a good/likely trade piece but they gotta be sellers at this point.

On 7/27/2018 at 6:35 PM, pagkerguy8 said:

you are 100% correct....... our league uses 1 day waivers so players added yesterday cleared today.....now when you have played at yahoo over 15 years and they repeatedly say over that time they WONT ADD PROSPECTS DURING THE SEASON till they have played their 1st game in the majors, a person tends to get a little lazy checking the added people until you hear "breaking news" on a top prospect called up............UNTIL NOW I GUESS

They have added prospects in season before they have come up in the past in mini packets or even in twos and threes.  It just isn't too common is all.  And not usually this many at once.