Quazza

Draymond Green 2018-2019 Season Outlook

6 hours ago, littlesamtung said:

If GSW signs max deal with KD and then KT, he may be the odd man out.

As a Warrior fan that lives in the bay area. The overall feeling is KD will leave in the offseason.  Hope it doesn't happen but sure looks that way at this point.  Plus he knows they can't keep all 4 unless KD, Dray and Klay all take less then the max.  I don't see that happening for any of them.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Dray didn't make a bad play he was caught in the moment.  Its the coaching staff that should have called a timeout the minute Durant got pissed and didn't start running down court.  Dray was stuck in the moment and pushed the ball.  As a Warrior fan I love Kerr but sometimes he trusts his players way to much at the end of a game.  Which is understandable with the amount of games they won.  But this time it bite him in the a**.  Lost the game and KD didn't get the last shot he felt he deserved. 

You are right about Kerr, but given the talent that GSW have, he has to trust his players. In addition, these players are not so easy to be coached when it comes to the last/winning shot, they are way to selfish to do that. From my point of view, it requires high management abilities to control all this talent.

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

As a Warrior fan that lives in the bay area. The overall feeling is KD will leave in the offseason.  Hope it doesn't happen but sure looks that way at this point.  Plus he knows they can't keep all 4 unless KD, Dray and Klay all take less then the max.  I don't see that happening for any of them.  

Green still has one more year but both KD and KT are in contract year, GSW has to make the decision very soon. I don't think they will trade any of them before trade deadline.

1. Let either KD or KT go for nothing?
  2. Sign both max deal and let Green go after playing out next season? Then will Green ask for a trade like Bulter?
  3. Sign all three and pay hefty luxury tax?

I don’t know what Draymond was thinking going 1 on 4 though, he should have passed the ball after crossing halfcourt when all 4 where converging on him. Durant got what he deserved because he is saying me me me me me, which is that mamba blood. Durant has shown the past years to hit big shots, something he couldn’t do in OKC. Draymond calling him a b*tch over and over again because dray is trying to keep that GSW culture , Durant wanted the ball and acted like a B*tch when he didn’t get it, if I was Durant I would say fk it imma set it off in OT, but he has his own way of thinking. It’s minor , but both are at fault, if they were true teammates and friends they woulda just stepped up together and get the Win. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, littlesamtung said:

Green still has one more year but both KD and KT are in contract year, GSW has to make the decision very soon. I don't think they will trade any of them before trade deadline.

1. Let either KD or KT go for nothing?
  2. Sign both max deal and let Green go after playing out next season? Then will Green ask for a trade like Bulter?
  3. Sign all three and pay hefty luxury tax?

Option #3.  They are not making any trades.  If they win again this year, KD is not leaving.  Either way if they win or lose this year, Klay is not leaving.  I can see KD maybe leaving if they lose this year, but barring injury, they are not losing this year.  When Cousins is back, they are the greatest starting five ever.  No one is going to beat them.  So this problem between Draymond and KD will work itself out.  Dray will not ask for a trade playing for a contract next year.  He knows his role. He knows his worth and I don't see him as someone who overvalues himself like Butler.  Dray wants to win and this is team is obviously his best chance to continue winning.

And if they win again after this year, they will resign Dray and pay the luxury tax because at that point they are going for history now, to be considered the greatest team ever.  That would be 5 championships in 6 years.  If they did lose, then yeah, they will probably let Dray walk. But they will not break up if they keep winning. 

KD is leaving if they win this year.  He did what he came to do winning 3 championships and 2-3 finals MVPs.  He's aiming to claim the title of best player in the world and won't be able to do that on GSW.  He'll need to be the clear cut #1 option on his own team to do that and I imagine he will continue following the LeBron route and try to take his own team to the finals.  KD may be the best player on GSW, but the Warriors are Steph's team.  I was living in Oakland during their reign and the Bay loves Curry.  Ain't no one buying KD t-shirts out there.

Edited by socal.trades714@yahoo.com
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

KD is leaving if they win this year.  He did what he came to do winning 3 championships and 2-3 finals MVPs.  He's aiming to claim the title of best player in the world and won't be able to do that on GSW.  He'll need to be the clear cut #1 option on his own team to do that and I imagine he will continue following the LeBron route and try to take his own team to the finals.  KD may be the best player on GSW, but the Warriors are Steph's team.  I was living in Oakland during their reign and the Bay loves Curry.  Ain't no one buying KD t-shirts out there.

Lol it’s def Curry’s team. That’s what happens when u go to a team with a two time mvp. Love kd but he so wants to be Lebron. Only problem he is nowhere close to as good. U put  kd on Cle last year and they don’t make playoffs 

13 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Lol it’s def Curry’s team. That’s what happens when u go to a team with a two time mvp. Love kd but he so wants to be Lebron. Only problem he is nowhere close to as good. U put  kd on Cle last year and they don’t make playoffs 

“nowhere close to as good” ?

saw a video on twitter where KD said under his breath walking back onto the court "thats why im out" and it looked to me that KD leaving after this season is all but a certainty imo

they will resign klay tho and next year GS will have to settle with the team they originally had in Curry - Klay - Draymond and become just a good team in a loaded west........thank god haha maybe dray eventually turns into a scorer once its just those 3.......theyll need him to

44 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

saw a video on twitter where KD said under his breath walking back onto the court "thats why im out" and it looked to me that KD leaving after this season is all but a certainty imo

they will resign klay tho and next year GS will have to settle with the team they originally had in Curry - Klay - Draymond and become just a good team in a loaded west........thank god haha maybe dray eventually turns into a scorer once its just those 3.......theyll need him to

Here is the video of him saying "That's why I'm out. God Damn, Man"  : 

Also, if he does leave, the warriors may try to use that money to re-sign Cousins?

• Thanks 1

Ask yourself this: would you want to play with Draymond Green?  Maybe to win a championship, right?  Now let’s assume you already won a championship or two with him. Is it worth dealing with his acerbic personality to win a third?  You probably spend more time with your teammates than your spouse.  This is why teams get broken up.  I think the personal aspect of the league often gets overlooked.  I’m not taking sides but really think deeply about it, would you want to spend your life with Draymond Green?  I think you’ll have your answer if you look deep enough.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If their relationship get sourer, I won't be surprised KD ask for a trade.

Suppose KD leaves, KT will eat up most of his salary cap, the Warriors still have difficulty signing a good FA. Not to say Green's extension will kick in after next season. They still have SC, KT and Green but this team won't be as dominated as before, especially AI and Livingston in obvious decline.

A dynasty team going through meaningless games in early November; another grind of a whole season. They're just bored.

But I wouldn't be shocked if they're really tired of each other at this point and just want to be by themselves / keys to their own team. 

If anyone needs to kick rocks first, it's KD. The Warriors were already a championship team before he got there. He just bandwagoned. Even the Warriors owner basically told him that during the parade. It was meant to come across as a joke, but nah. It cut deep and you saw the reactions and awkward silence from everyone. It was embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

A dynasty team going through meaningless games in early November; another grind of a whole season. They're just bored.

But I wouldn't be shocked if they're really tired of each other at this point and just want to be by themselves / keys to their own team. 

If anyone needs to kick rocks first, it's KD. The Warriors were already a championship team before he got there. He just bandwagoned. Even the Warriors owner basically told him that during the parade. It was meant to come across as a joke, but nah. It cut deep and you saw the reactions and awkward silence from everyone. It was embarrassing.

It was GM Bob Myers:

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

It was GM Bob Myers:

Yup. Steph was there during the rough days when Golden State had those ugly jerseys.

ff_2413358_full.jpg&w=340

KD has no bone in this fight lol.

5 hours ago, Rproflmao said:

Is he still worth keeping or is it time to trade him and who should I be targeting if that’s the case?

if you want to trade him then maybe ask other owners on your league to gauge their  interest and see the kind of players that you can get in exchange of D. Green.

6 hours ago, Rproflmao said:

Is he still worth keeping or is it time to trade him and who should I be targeting if that’s the case?

For reference somone in my league was shopping Draymond and I offered Teague when he was injured.  He said he couldn’t do that.  Now after the butler trade and Teague’s value going up and Draymond’s going down I said I can’t do that.  I don’t value Draymond highly this year tbh.  

I love the out of position dimes but man this guys "passion" cuts both ways.  Boogie coming back too isn't gonna help.

I dont own Draymond in any of the leagues im in, but I feel bad for the owners at this point. Kinda been a pain the a** to own with suspensions and random DNP's. I want the old Draymond back:(