Sign in to follow this  
CharlieWhitehurst

Dynasty: Jimmy G's Trade Value (WHIR)

2nd year in a dynasty league. I drafted Jimmy G with my last pick last year because I knew his contract was about to expire and I expected him to get picked up by a team.

I have Stafford, Ben, and Jimmy. I'm low on wr depth because I made a huge trade for Bell/Stafford last year when Rodgers got hurt. 

I've been shopping Jimmy and the best offer I have gotten is: Desean Jackson and a 3rd round pick (3.7). I have 3.12 and did another trade for 3.1 (lottery style, I won last year so I have last pick every round - 8 rounds). 

The other offer I got was amendola and brice butler (lol). 

Am I crazy for thinking Jimmy should give me more value? I like Desean but one year left on his contract and he's older, and what is the best I can really get with a third 3rd round pick? 

My wr depth is: Fitz, A. Cooper, Ginn, Cole, R. Grant, Terrance Williams, and G. Allison. 

4 hours ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Am I crazy for thinking Jimmy should give me more value?

Jimmy in dynasty should get you top dollar. Trained by the best, showed great stuff so far.

To be honest, not sure why you're shopping him around, they would have to pry him from my cold dead hands unless the offer is particularly awesome.

Edit: to confirm, those offers are insulting. For Big Ben on the other hand, that could be a good deal.

Edited by Boudewijn

If that is the best you can get, wait until the season starts before you attempt to trade him. I'm sure that owners will be more reasonable when a real roster need at quarterback arises.     

Yeah those are fairly weak offers. I doubt you'll get any earth shattering offer at this point in time, if you aren't getting a surefire top level guy it simply doesn't make sense to give up anything significant for a middle of the pack guy when QB is one of the deepest positions. Your best bet is waiting if those are your best offers at the moment. 

Those offers are laughable. I’m not sure what his exact value is right now, bur it is definitely more than what you have been offered. 

He is young and and looked good when he took over last year. With the those other 2 QBs on your team, I would keep Jimmy G and see if you could get something for Ben. 

Help with mine:

Keep Jimmy G he should have a solid year and you don't want to miss out.